Open Daily Quickfire Debates!

DeletedUser

Well that for me, would be an only safe option.....You don't want them in mental hospitals where they could go crazy and stuff.....Better to have them locked away and looked over behind bars.

That's horrible! How would you like it if you had little control over your actions and they thought, well let's throw him in and leave him to rot, nothing we can do for him?

DeletedUser

Define harm. If their actions resulted directly to the death of people then yes. If their actions caused others to kill people then no.

Well people can cause a lot of damage online....If a terrorist had tried to cause damage to a country, then they should be killed as well. What if they had tried to launch a Nuke...but failed..They should be put to death.

DeletedUser

They are totally not mentally unstable. They are well aware of their actions. They are the lowest kind of people and don't deserve to live. People who hurt little children just deserve it. Children who did nothing wrong. They are traumatized for the rest of their lives.

I perhaps have a very extreme opinion on that. But I won't get in debate on that subject.

They hurt, not kill. (Again I'm sure some do but those who don't...) Plus pedophiles usually have some sort of history that caused them to be this way. They need mercy. They need help.

DeletedUser19042

That's horrible! How would you like it if you had little control over your actions and they thought, well let's throw him in and leave him to rot, nothing we can do for him?

No.
If I was one like that, I would choose to be locked up and rot rather then live.

DeletedUser

Well it seems to me there is only 3 options....Death, Prison, Or a mental hospital......Well I think this is the problem here....You said IF, well fortunately for me, that is not problem....It all depends. Truly these people know their action, mentally unstable, or stable.

DeletedUser

A lot of abused children attempt suicide later in life. Would you not classify that as the same as killing someone?

DeletedUser

They hurt, not kill. (Again I'm sure some do but those who don't...) Plus pedophiles usually have some sort of history that caused them to be this way. They need mercy. They need help.

But they caused the other person Life problems didn't they? So who should get the more help there?

DeletedUser

Well people can cause a lot of damage online....If a terrorist had tried to cause damage to a country, then they should be killed as well. What if they had tried to launch a Nuke...but failed..They should be put to death.

But they failed. No one was hurt. So really your killing someone who achieved nothing. Might as well kill me, I might try and nuke the USA one day..

DeletedUser

A lot of abused children attempt suicide later in life. Would you not classify that as the same as killing someone?

.....Causing people to kill themselves is a really horrible crime....

DeletedUser

Assisted suicide? They didn't force the child to suicide. It was the child's choice. Look I'm not saying pedophiles should get off Scott free but they shouldn't die.

DeletedUser

A choice that was probably only rooted from the crime, however. It might not be 100% of cases, but would you not suggest that these things be followed up and the offender should have their punishment worsened?

DeletedUser19042

Assisted suicide? They didn't force the child to suicide. It was the child's choice. Look I'm not saying pedophiles should get off Scott free but they shouldn't die.

They caused it.
If we compare...

A terrorist plants a bomb in a commercial center. It explodes after 30 mins. 100 people died.
At court...You would set him free because he didn't kill the people. The bomb with the timer did.

That is EXACTLY what you are saying. It doesn't make sense..

DeletedUser

They caused it.
If we compare...

A terrorist plants a bomb in a commercial center. It explodes after 30 mins. 100 people died.
At court...You would set him free because he didn't kill the people. The bomb with the timer did.

That is EXACTLY what you are saying. It doesn't make sense..

No that's not what I'm saying. He planted the bomb so he's responsible. But if he provide info which lead to the planting of a bomb then no death penalty for him.

Are you guys saying that anyone who does something that can indirectly lead to the death of someone should die?

DeletedUser19042

No that's not what I'm saying. He planted the bomb so he's responsible. But if he provide info which lead to the planting of a bomb then no death penalty for him.

Are you guys saying that anyone who does something that can indirectly lead to the death of someone should die?

So..the pedophile planted a 'time bomb' (the trauma) in the kid which leads to it committing suicide because it couldn't stand the trauma.

You are being contradictive now.

DeletedUser

So..the pedophile planted a 'time bomb' (the trauma) in the kid which leads to it committing suicide because it couldn't stand the trauma.

You are being contradictive now.

Unfortunately it's the child's choice to let the bomb go off. I'm not contradicting anything.

DeletedUser19042

Unfortunately it's the child's choice to let the bomb go off. I'm not contradicting anything.

It's not. It's never the choice of the one who committed suicide of doing it.
One of my VERY close relatives committed suicide, so I know what I am speaking about.

At the moment they even CONSIDER doing it, they are totally destroyed. Mentally and physically. It's not their choice.

DeletedUser

I've considered suicide before, believe or not and I'm fine now. It was my choice. I chose not to.

Anyways answer this question. Have you ever ridden or driven a car?

DeletedUser19042

I've considered suicide before, believe or not and I'm fine now. It was my choice. I chose not to.

Anyways answer this question. Have you ever ridden or driven a car?

I drive car yes.

But I still say suicide is not the choice of the person committing it.

DeletedUser

Gasp! You drove a car! Death be to you! I suppose you are aware of the green house effect and all that? You contributed to it. And if stuff like that gets really bad it could lead to the end of the world as we knew it, leading to the death of millions. Perhaps you and all car drivers should be sentenced to death. Don't say 'that's different' because in theory it's not. It's a 'time bomb', as you would put it.