Open Daily Quickfire Debates!

DeletedUser37468

I fail to see in what way everything is going terribly? A lot of boring men in grey suits posturing for cameras and the media trying to pretend they are in charge means anything has changed. The markets went down but are recovering,uncertainty will stifle the economy until everything is set onto paper and the Sturgeon will try and pretend she has any influence outside her local chipshop, but to the rest of us educated or not life will go on with most people just bored stupid with people telling us the sky is falling in. The British will just get on with life and drink tea with proper biscuits!

The biggest difference...using the analogy of tea & biscuits...is we finally get to choose the type of biscuit and whether we dunk them or not

The UK was a part of the EU but only 25% of the EU...we have never had the Euro currency (although we always prop up those who do) and we have never had Schengen

When I travel abroad I have to show my passport whether it is mainland Europe or Middle East or Far East or South America......

The doom and gloom merchants would have you believe the world will stop turning once Article 50 is kicked off and when we formally exit in around 2 years time

It won't

It hasn't

We have always survived through a crisis...and this is just a mere storm in a teacup

DeletedUser40768

Not really sure if I should pick a side since I am American but I agree more with the people who voted to leave. Seems to be mixed feelings on it here, happy this section has been revived a bit :D

So how do you guys think the EU will fair without the UK?

DeletedUser37468

Not really sure if I should pick a side since I am American but I agree more with the people who voted to leave. Seems to be mixed feelings on it here, happy this section has been revived a bit :D

So how do you guys think the EU will fair without the UK?

34 other political parties in other EU countries want referendums now...ranging from full pull out of the EU, pull out of the Euro currency, pull out of the current open borders situation

Some have voiced that the immigration issue is one of the Far Right...it most definitely is not

Events in Paris, Brussels and last night in Istanbul have been at the forefront of minds...immigration is OK as long as there are some security controls in place and each country still has a say as to who can come into a country...hard working, educated people who already have a job are fine....those who are essentially money/benefit hunters are not

The EU also stopped us from deporting the criminal element....Human Rights legislation in the EU is way too soft

Abu Hamza is a classic case....the USA would have had him many years earlier had it not been for the EU telling us that he deserved a family life here...it was his human right

We are stifled with red tape and the criminal element know it and take full advantage of it

We are not against immigration....we just want our borders back and have the ability to choose who arrives and who will be kicked out

DeletedUser

Well having looked at the info my accountant came back with from mainland europe before the referendum,the EU is fundamentally flawed economically and is doomed to failure,take away the money the UK paid in each year and there is a huge black hole which will show up the cracks. If they keep saying we have to sign up to free movement of people (which i cannot see many brexit voters standing for) then trade will suffer,the southern countries economies will go the way of greece,Italy will be forced to live in their limits which will lead to revolt again and Germany will get the blame unfairly as the french shrug and blame everybody else even though their economy is all bluster and nose twitching. Unless they reform they will fail eventually,I have no doubt they will demand bloody exit costs because if they don't we won't be the last to be shut of them.

I voted remain by the way.

DeletedUser37468

Italy wants their old currency back and are requesting a referendum on leaving the Euro

Greece wants out of the EU and they are requesting a Grexit referendum

Even the Germans and Belgians....not to mention the French, Czech's and Swedes....are all asking for referendums to drop out part or all of the EU

It has taken this little country to stand its ground and as always...we lead...others follow

DeletedUser

Luckily for everybody else in the world the USA can't afford to put up a partition wall without their budget collapsing, even his magic rug can't make his dreams come true!

DeletedUser33530

My entire opinion on this matter can be summed up in the below picture displaying just how informed some of the genuises that voted to leave the EU were.
EU_brexit_vote_copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37468

Our FTSE100 has rebounded to higher than it was before the referendum result, currencies are nicely balanced and improving...

The apocalypse that the remainers envisaged has not happened...we are still alive, awake, trading and as yet this little island has not sunk yet.....well apart from the England footy team of course, but that was to be expected anyway so no surprise there