Dark Black Legion

DeletedUser340

A couple of days ago I quit and I was starting to hand off my cities to ex-LoD members with the aim to half my cities between them and BL.

I told the leaders my plan, but they put up my cities in the forums and everybody claimed them.

Although some are clearly claimed by other people, they do not respect my decision, and they are taking them all.

I have no troops so cannot stop this happening. I tried to tell them not to take them, but it appears I don't have the decision on my own cities which I put hours and hours into getting.

I can now say that BL are a bunch of backstabbers, and could and have used a lot strong words than that.

Although most of you know, do not trust BL, and I look forward to Truc wiping them off the world with joint ops with V2 ;)

-Alex

DeletedUser

*sarcastic ton*
yea sereton, you are a noob if you thought wishes of people mater at all, if BL peps want your cities they ll take them no mater ex LoD members or not.

damn bro you really think those were your cities, cities you took and build, nah bro they belong to BL now

DeletedUser12330

better explain a few things that he isn't saying

A trip went off in 1 of his cities, we defended it like mad, we mailed him asking for info and he gave none after nearly 2 days of defending his cities without any info given he then had a go at us all because we wanted info and suggested that if he was not active enough to have cities on the front line he should swap with others further back.
His language was not good, but still we agreed that he could hand his cities out, but not give them away to players that had joined alliances we were not allied with, at which point some of our members decided to keep his cities in the alliance.

So as I said in my previous comment LOL noob

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Best thing you coulda done is donate them to V2 and hand them off 1 x 1

DeletedUser340

I wasn't able to get on for a couple of days, I didn't have a choice in contacting you.

I saw the support and thread and was about to thank everyone but then I saw comments like 'Why am I losing troops to a that isn't even coming online'

I never asked for support, I still said thanks. In my eyes I wouldn't have really cared whether I lost that city. The fact that I never asked for support and you guys were moaning about losing troops @ me was irritating, so I let you guys know.

And that's a lie that I couldn't hand them of to your allies, every single hand-off I was doing was to ex-LoD in Phoenix, who are allied practically.

--

Too be fair I'm quitting, I'm not trying to keep the cities, just wish you'd respect that I'd want atleast 50% to go to my old friends who actually helped me get most of them. Now I've offered them to anyone around who can get them in a hope that BL don't get them.

DeletedUser39031

Sad to see another player leave, especially in such terms.

DeletedUser41456

Serentons request should have been granted. Period. Although this is just a game you build up relationships with your teammates that are real. Think about it. Thats why spies are hated so much. Serenton built his own network and decided to give HIS own cities to his homies, thats on him and it should have been respected. Just my opinion.

DeletedUser14786

First off, I'll say to my own team (raistlin) that calling somebody a noob gets us nowhere. It's rude and counterproductive.

Sereton, we lost quite a lot of defense in your city defending it over the weekend. You were offline for over 16 hours, and defending that city blindly from Venom cost us a lot more than it should have. Black Legion has gotten to this point because we present a unified front against Venom, and losing even a single city on an island puts all the other cities on that island in jeopardy. That's why we sent defense to you, regardless of whether you wanted to be saved. Similarly, it is illegal in my country to commit suicide because when building a codified system, that system should never penalize the emergency workers trying to save lives. Simply giving up a city is selfish because of the risk you put your team in.

When you came back online, instead of saying "thanks for saving my city at such cost, but I don't have the time to defend this city on the front so I'd like to give it away" you said "Stop complaining" and "I'm quitting."

Have a care please, for those that pushed hard to get you invited to BL, when others would not have sent the invite. Have a care for those who understand that everybody has a life outside of grepolis, who understand that you can't be online for every revolt, and who didn't kick you for being rude to your supporters. I realize you may be stressed by something outside of the game... but this is clearly done out of spite.

It is unfortunate that somebody decided to list you in our "internal inactives" thread. I was not privy to that listing, and I recognize that was rude. However, rather than messaging us and allowing us to remedy the issue, you immediately left. On a scale of "contributing member" to "dead-weight" you rank in the dead weight. And the fact that you so quickly left the alliance to do anything you could do to torpedo Black Legion, when most outgoing players wouldn't care about the server one way or another, says that you never really intended to contribute to Black Legion in the first place, which is perfectly in line with the fact that you didn't. There is little sympathy for you in the 75 BL members who participated in operations this weekend (Ops which were announced several days in advance, and which took place over a long period of time).

I invite you to run a large alliance without making mistakes now and then. I invite you to deal with every kid who wants to both join your alliance and tear it down, because they don't give a rat's (W) about all the hard work you and 80 others put into it.

Next time I meet you in the game, I would hope you have stronger character, because I am disappointed. Good luck Sereton. There are many ways of dealing with every obstacle life throws at you, and selfishness is not becoming in you.

DeletedUser340

"When you came back online, instead of saying "thanks for saving my city at such cost, but I don't have the time to defend this city on the front so I'd like to give it away" you said "Stop complaining" and "I'm quitting.""

Actually I said something along the lines of 'Thanks all for the support, to those complaining it's not my fault I haven't been online and don't aim moaning at me because I never asked for any support'. The reason why I quit is because of the little time I've had to be online, you can ask anyone who I talk to in BL how long I've been 'quitting' for.

Have a care please, for those that pushed hard to get you invited to BL, when others would not have sent the invite.

I got a message asking me to join, I never pushed for it, only asked why although I got told I would be invited I didn't receive an invite... Why are you acting as if I approached you guys.

DeletedUser23971

I am not a leader but I think I might be able to help you as you are questioning what happened as it may help you on future worlds - I only saw up to the point where I advised you to follow my example and get off the front line as I don't have the time required for there.

Unfortunately you didn't have long enough in Black Legion to build up any faith/reputation so you could only be judged on your performance.....

When a player on the front line has not logged on for far longer than it takes to conquest a city then it is considered a weakness in an alliance.

If this happens to you again then when you log back in try to explain what has happened rather than say I didn't ask for help - that is what tripwires are for.

If you say to the alliance that you don't care if you lose a city then I would humbly suggest that many leaders in reputable/good alliances would actually consider you to be a liability

If you are considered a liability that doesn't log in all the time and doesn't really care if you lose a city, some leaders would doubt your ability to successfully manage the handover of cities to allied members and may decide to take your cities to guarantee they stay blue or yellow.

I am not a leader but these were possibly their thoughts on the matter.

I hope this helps you in the future

DeletedUser38128

It seems like that Black Legion is becoming most hated alliance of world Paros . They are in the place where Venom was , but not from the same reasons . Black Legion showed a lot of backstabbing in this world , in the beginning they used NAP with Chaos Hunters and they sneak their way into 044 , and when they became strong enough they hit FUC which was a brother alliance to Chaos Hunters . These facts i know for sure , because I was there when it all happened . After that I heard they backstabbed united FUC and CH after "world operation" against Venom was over . Now I think it is a matter of time before Truculence leaders realize that they have been used by Black Legion as they did defended LOD members against them and also used Truculence to gain almost whole 044 and Truculence only got edge of 054 in an OP against Venom . Hopefully everybody will realize the way they played their diplomacy and make them pay by taking whole 044 from them .

DeletedUser39031

Now I think it is a matter of time before Truculence leaders realize that they have been used by Black Legion as they did defended LOD members against them and also used Truculence to gain almost whole 044 and Truculence only got edge of 054 in an OP against Venom . Hopefully everybody will realize the way they played their diplomacy and make them pay by taking whole 044 from them .
We have not been used by BL, and we don't have much interest in 44.

DeletedUser

People need to understand what a NAP is...

It isn't backstabbing when a NAP is no longer useful. Then we attack the people the pose the greatest benefit to us. It was may have been a surprise but it is naive to think a NAP will be forever or means anything more than a temporary solution to a problem that is bound to occur. We prepared for it, they didn't. Not backstabbing.

DeletedUser39031

People need to understand what a NAP is...

It isn't backstabbing when a NAP is no longer useful. Then we attack the people the pose the greatest benefit to us. It was may have been a surprise but it is naive to think a NAP will be forever or means anything more than a temporary solution to a problem that is bound to occur. We prepared for it, they didn't. Not backstabbing.
I agree

DeletedUser

I am not a leading or a large member BL. I am not the smartest or the player with the most experience.

I like Truc very much and out of all the alliances (not including BL) I have the most respect for Truc. They understand what a NAP is. Truc understood our Nap with each other. Alliances will get a NAP and treat it like a Pact. It isn't the same, at all.

Truc players are the only other alliance players that have shown they are worth my or my alliances respect. Not that i speak for my alliance. Just my opinion.

DeletedUser14786

Thanks for representing us here Treedaddy. :) For those who may be unaware, I am a leader in BL. One of a dozen leaders certainly, but I have been a leader in BL since day 7 of the server and I have had a hand in shaping decisions and promoting many of the current leaders (although I think our other leaders have much more wisdom than I).:p

I'd like to address some of the concerns about Black Legion here in chronological order. I believe enough time has passed for some of these older events that it is ok to divulge secrets which once were classified but now are harmless.

First, the conquest of o44: It was a long-held goal for Black Legion to conquer o44 from the outset - BL actually started in that ocean and our original team had a goal of fighting Venom 2.0, the alliance which dominated the core fighting early on in the server. We were very excited when we heard that Venom 2.0's expansion was also into o44, because we wanted to prove that we were in fact the best alliance on the server and the quickest way to do that was to fight the top dog. Via an interesting geopolitical happenstance, 3 alliances came to share o44 for a time - Foofies Unified Command, Chaos Hunters, and Black Legion. Due to my past experience leading alliances with lots of talent (as was the case with Black Legion) I advised playing our cards close until we could solidify our control of the rim, and I believe if Chaos Hunters had not been ignorant to the fact that we had so many amazing players they would never have let us establish ourselves.

We discovered a few weeks into the server that in fact Chaos Hunters and Foofies Unified Command were operating together, two alliances of players from Ithaca. Black Legion initially was not interested in fighting CH. CH had great leadership (RowdyDawg), a good team and was already busy with a war against Venom 2.0. However, BL needed to expand so we chose to fight Foofies because that alliance was not directly involved in the Venom 2.0 war and we judged that alliance was full of simmers. Although we had no intention of joining the CH coalition against Venom, we had (and still have) a lot of respect for RowdyDawg and the other CH members in that fight and we didn't want to force CH to fight on two fronts. Ironically, this was the point in time where both Venom 2.0 and CH were accusing Black Legion of being the other's lap dogs and Black Legion was in fact pursuing an independent course. As we tried to explain to JRE250 (who was too arrogant to listen) Black Legion had nothing to gain from fighting a war two oceans away and everything to prove and gain by not doing so.

As it turned out, CH and Foofies in fact operated under independent diplomatic plans and it was quite easy to secure a NAP with CH and start a war with Foofies. Foofies quickly collapsed in the east and although CH sent a lot of support to that alliance, defending those players cost far more than it should have due to players not updating wall levels etc. Although Foofies had a great core of players (this core fights on in Venom 2.0), they were surrounded by other players that didn't support their mates. As we in Black Legion reasoned, the core oceans are for fighting, simming can be done on the rim. If those Foofie players in o44 couldn't keep their cities from us, then they didn't deserve them, and should be relocated to the rim (in case anybody forgets, this is a very common mentality in the early game).

Throughout this war, BL stayed true to the deal we had worked out with CH - a non-aggression pact. However, JRE250 and other CH members all decided to merge into Foofies, and in what became a slow-motion ambush, we got to watch players which we had agreed not to attack slowly move from CH into Foofies and immediately attack us (in this way, we were often caught offline and the enemy was onine when the fighting started). We in fact withheld retaliation on any of them until they attacked us, even long after it was apparent that they were all moving over (a couple did not move over in fact, specifically RowdyDawg - which makes me think he was against the move - but 90% of the alliance made the switch). The merge into Foofies (the now "FUC n Chaos") catapulted JRE250 to leadership best I can tell.

The rest is history... we stalled JRE250 so that not even his hoard of Midas could overcome us and he faded ignominiously into VM. Black Legion attacks continued and we captured the northern and central parts of o44. FUC n Chaos came under attack from Truculence and Venom 2.0 and between three top alliances the meat-grinder was too much for them. I am not sure if Truculence entered this conflict opportunistically or actually had a goal with territory but either way I suspect they were hoping to secure their slice of Foofies while dinner was on the table.

Then came the event where Venom 2.0 recruited a couple players from Foofies who we had under revolt. Their lack of tact and diplomacy in this event ticked off our diplomat, who was one of our founders, and he organized a peace between us, Foofies and Truculence so that Black Legion could hit Venom 2.0. This event has been discussed in several other threads, and I reiterate the purpose was to kick Daizan in the shins. I don't view Daizan as an 'evil overlord' but rather a good leader who narcissistic-ally believed that his crew was good enough to fight the server without diplomacy. Black Legion wanted to prove him wrong, which I think we, along with the other large alliances, did. In a strange turn of events, Venom 2.0 has now courted every alliance but BL with diplomacy.

Our diplomat hoped to make the peace between Foofies and Black Legion last, however our council (I am certainly to blame for this if you require a villain to despise) rode roughshod over him, citing that we were still too far from Venom to engage them in combat - we would be fighting from half and ocean away. This was true, and for the week while we maintained the peace with Foofies we unfairly starved our members for targets. We either needed to get closer to Venom or find somebody else to fight. Unfortunately for Foofies, they satisfied both of these requirements. This is probably why some feel that Black Legion betrayed Foofies. In reality, I challenge you to ask yourselves why Black Legion would have rationally stopped a war which it was winning only to box itself into the rim. I do not have the letter of the agreement between the diplomat and who it was worked out with - but I think that, rather than feel indignant about the change in plans, Foofies members should be appreciative for the period of peace which they were given. And I reiterate, if you need a villain in BL, you can look to me. Most of the current leaders in BL had nothing to do with this decision (the members certainly are free of blame) so calling the entire alliance evil for the actions of a few (most of whom are no longer leaders) is grossly unfair. If you as ex-members of foofies still seek redress, you can petition for my removal from leadership in BL or send attacks my way.

DeletedUser15581

anyone who cared to read the whole blabber, let me know the summary.
Looks like a desperate attempt to salvage some respect when BL is rightly losing it all. :p

DeletedUser

anyone who cared to read the whole blabber, let me know the summary.
Looks like a desperate attempt to salvage some respect when BL is rightly losing it all. :p

###Well long story shorter lol,
Seems BL wanted to take O44
It was a long-held goal for Black Legion to conquer o44
to fight Venom 2.0
original team had a goal of fighting Venom 2.0
but they seems didn`t want to fight with Chaos just their close allies Foofies to get foothold in O44, and then BL got shocked, shocked I say when Chaos members wanted to help their ally, even tho this two had pact still they were shocked about this.

###Then he speaks a little bit about Truc
I am not sure if Truculence entered this conflict opportunistically or actually had a goal with territory but either way I suspect they were hoping to secure their slice of Foofies while dinner was on the table

###Then we can see a crazy talk, actually contradiction to be precise in the text
original team had a goal of fighting Venom 2.0
vs
Black Legion wanted to prove him (daizan) wrong, which I think we, along with the other large alliances, did

###Then seems they are sad to be left out :(
In a strange turn of events, Venom 2.0 has now courted every alliance but BL with diplomacy.
bu hu

###Then he says how great BL is for letting Foofies have some break
Foofies members should be appreciative for the period of peace which they were given
yes like when people get a cigaret before the firing squad, they should say "thank you so much for this cigaret and I do not mind you now shooting me, I am fine honest"

###Then we have a honorable self sacrifice for the team
And I reiterate, if you need a villain in BL, you can look to me

###And at the end another crazy talk if you ask me
If you as ex-members of foofies still seek redress, you can petition for my removal from leadership in BL or send attacks my way.
this will be first time I hear a Leader from one alliance got demoted by a petition from an alliance with which they are at war???