Dark vs Light

DeletedUser33530

I'm in a star wars kind of mood so that should be explanation enough.
Now, which is greater the dark side or the light side?

GzWOEDu.jpg

P.S. pebble 48 hours of you not posting an argument that would end this debate is all i ask

DeletedUser

Mark Hamil's Luke was a pathetic attempt at humanity, thus darkside > lightside.

DeletedUser33530

Mark Hamil's Luke was a pathetic attempt at humanity, thus darkside > lightside.

in the star wars canon luke's force abilities will surpass any force user before and after him soon yeah.

DeletedUser8396

Spoiler aside:

Taking only movies into account (as the books aren't really canon), I'd need to say Dark. The only reason in six episodes the Dark Side ever lost was because Vader went all soft in the end, and surprise attacked Palpatine...

Had Palpatine chosen anyone else (or Vader simply had kept his sentiments in check), Dark would be unquestionably undefeatable.

Then just look at the power of the Force: we see much greater strength shown Force-wise on the dark side.

Then, finally, death count: Dead Sith? 4. Dead Jedi? Supposedly 10,000...

This is a silly argument. Good only won out of sheer luck that Vader turned, that the Death Star had a moronic weakness to fit plotlines, and Yoda because Yoda.

DeletedUser27128

Doubt the dark side of the force, you must not.

Seriously though, Yoda has some skillz, I like the Light side just because of him, otherwise Dark Side FTW

DeletedUser33530

Spoiler aside:

Taking only movies into account (as the books aren't really canon), I'd need to say Dark. The only reason in six episodes the Dark Side ever lost was because Vader went all soft in the end, and surprise attacked Palpatine...

Had Palpatine chosen anyone else (or Vader simply had kept his sentiments in check), Dark would be unquestionably undefeatable.

Then just look at the power of the Force: we see much greater strength shown Force-wise on the dark side.

Then, finally, death count: Dead Sith? 4. Dead Jedi? Supposedly 10,000...

This is a silly argument. Good only won out of sheer luck that Vader turned, that the Death Star had a moronic weakness to fit plotlines, and Yoda because Yoda.

bruh...

Palpatine lost against Yoda and Windu in non surprise fights. Also Dark only started to win cause vader went soft.

Vader turned to the dark side in the first place because of his sentiments.

hell no we don't. Palpatine was gonna get killed by Yoda and Windu if not for luck. Also the dark sides goal is usually to reach immortalities for self or others. Now, on which side do we see 3 people reach immortality?

You are so lucky we aren't including the books here.

Dark only won for a bit out of sheer luck that Vader turned. Also what does the death star have to do with a force debate? If you recall "The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser49358

The better question is does it matter? its basic good guys vs bad guys where the bad guys were made to look like the victors only for the good guys to pull something out of their *clears throat* in the end to turn it all around, and has became the standard of all sci-fi genre movies and television shows.

Star Trek: Borg vs Federation
Battlestar Galagtica: Cylon vs Humans
Stargate SG1: Goa'uld vs Humans
Avatar: Navi vs Corrupt Humans (also a metaphor of European colonization of Africa)

so i chose the sci-fi side as being the greatest.

DeletedUser8396

bruh...

Palpatine lost against Yoda and Windu in non surprise fights. Also Dark only started to win cause vader went soft.

Vader turned to the dark side in the first place because of his sentiments.

hell no we don't. Palpatine was gonna get killed by Yoda and Windu if not for luck. Also the dark sides goal is usually to reach immortalities for self or others. Now, on which side do we see 3 people reach immortality?

You are so lucky we aren't including the books here.

Dark only won for a bit out of sheer luck that Vader turned. Also what does the death star have to do with a force debate? If you recall "The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

Did we watch the same Yoda fight? Did we watch the same Windu fight? Yoda got slammed and Windu got electrocuted out a window...

Manipulation is quite different than sentiment.

Lolno, and as for immortality - they are ghosts. Qualify that as living and we'll talk.

I am. But books aren't canon sooooo, not really luck

Not luck...manipulation by the Dark. And Death Star is all important.

DeletedUser33530

Did we watch the same Yoda fight? Did we watch the same Windu fight? Yoda got slammed and Windu got electrocuted out a window...

Manipulation is quite different than sentiment.

Lolno, and as for immortality - they are ghosts. Qualify that as living and we'll talk.

I am. But books aren't canon sooooo, not really luck

Not luck...manipulation by the Dark. And Death Star is all important.
sidious lucked out both times and you know it.

he was never getting manipulated to join the dark side if he didn't have sentiment or some sort of passion.

yes he was. He clearly lucked out on both. Their consciousness shall never fade from existences so they are immortal.

They were before disney took over. Damn that mouse.

They were lucky that the jedi order was full of idiots so they could manipulate him. Also their manipulation is child's play in terms of manipulation standards. The death star is bs.

but either way I would argue that Yoda was correct in saying the dark side is "Quicker, easier, more seductive. ". The dark side's use of emotions gives quick simple access to great power but it makes you reckless and do stupid things like get your arms and legs cut off. Also emotions simply are not a sustainable source of power. Even the hulk stops being anger at some point.