Deactivation of Grepolis Mobile Website Discussion

DeletedUser22468

Removal of browser version

I find this unfortunate as frankly I prefer this version. As has already been mentioned, the app is god awful. I only use the web browser when I'm dealing with attacks as I can more quickly view them and post using ingame time. Any kind of building, recruiting of units, etc. I always used this one as it has always been quicker and easier for my phone which has a tendency to lag/take longer when doing those things on the web browser version.

Not only this, but every since one of the more recent updates, 8 times out of 10 I can't get onto the web browser version and am redirected to a page suggesting that I use the app (which is annoying in and of itself, being that a. I have the app and b. It's an utter waste of time).

I agree with so many others here. I try to be a good grep citizen by using the app, but there is SO much that it can't do, and I have to rely on the browser version to get accurate information across during battle.

It's unbelievable to me that you would take this away without fixing the glaring errors of the app first.

I've got to be able to change my time zone in the app, or at least figure out my ingame timing, figure out tentative TT times without having an existing unit in my city, paste a conquest report, do full admin functions, etc.

This is more unacceptable than forcing us to use the game for a week with stupid banners getting in the way of our windows during crucial fight times.

DeletedUser35934

The mobile version is excellent because it is what the app should be.
It is graphics light, quick and simple.

The app is a pain and laborious. I will sadly miss the mobile version enormously.

I'm not sure there is much more to say since I doubt Inno will take any notice.

RIP the mobile Grepo :(

Coxwana

Phrourach
Not great

Ok so the desktop version will still work on mobile it's just that the desktop version when used on a mobile device isn't exactly fantastic.

Still better than the app. Sniping from the app is like a lottery. App(when it works) is only good for the alarm. Like i said, when it works. I get an attack alarm and i open grepo to find the hit has already landed and wiped me out.

Before talking such drastic measures, how about fixing the platforms you are leaving us with.

DeletedUser

Oh how I do live seeing a bunch of random numbers instead of an actual live siege report

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Ok guys we need specific examples of how the mobile webpage is better than the app. Like you've mentioned live siege reports and alliance forum posting. If people could elaborate on that for me it would go a long way in us giving our feedback to the devs.

Coxwana

Phrourach
specifics

Ok guys we need specific examples of how the mobile webpage is better than the app. Like you've mentioned live siege reports and alliance forum posting. If people could elaborate on that for me it would go a long way in us giving our feedback to the devs.

- Not able to send support (for snipe) to another city while keeping an eye on the incoming CS. Have to jump between pages and hope you got the time right on the counter.
- Not being able to send MM to alliance when needed.
- Attack alarm not as precise as mobile webpage.
- Alarm goes off on app when no attack sent at all hours of the day

That's just off the top of my head.

DeletedUser35722

I have a windows phone and when people send me messages on skype to send quick support/attacks in urgent situations how am i going to do this now ?
The browser on phone it a lot easier for quick reactions if i am not close to my pc

I am strongly against this idea

DeletedUser10962

Ok so the desktop version will still work on mobile it's just that the desktop version when used on a mobile device isn't exactly fantastic.

Agreed it's a shame they can't get the app up to scratch though. The reason the desktop version is so bad from your phone is because they've spent loads of time and effort on making the desktop version all shiny with stupid things that take loads of time to load. I bet those new banner things make it even more of a nightmare from app

DeletedUser47446

Agreed it's a shame they can't get the app up to scratch though. The reason the desktop version is so bad from your phone is because they've spent loads of time and effort on making the desktop version all shiny with stupid things that take loads of time to load. I bet those new banner things make it even more of a nightmare from app

good point...I remember when I first started playing this game, timing was 3-5 seconds, now I'm lucky if my computer loads my attacks/supports within 10 seconds because of all the extra 'bells and whistles' that don't actually add anything to the game.

DeletedUser35934

Like I said above. The mobile version is light and quick. The app is unnecessarily graphics heavy and cumbersome

DeletedUser53578

Mobile Site..

Having lesser say options at anytime is always a loss of suchs..but guess is provided by reasonable reason.

Having maybe an interest for the future to obtain such options back or say a continued use if not now might still be good avenue of choice to find.

The say App and initial/main game site still is say interest of best regards to and for my part, respectively.

I was hoping to maybe get a buddy/friend or two to be able to join but seems if they were are no longer able to say maybe do as such; given, they would probably need the mobile site version to be able to play at all for say any, let alone say it all. Oh well.

Thanks,

=M.V.K.=

DeletedUser50904

I generally use both. The App is very limited in what it can do compared to the Desktop or even the Mobile versions. One thing that I like is the X/Y coordinates that can be saved. It can be used for quick farming of Ghost cities. That is no where to be found on the app. I have forced myself to use the app more and more and I still do not like it compared to the other versions.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Guys/Girls, thanks for the specific examples you've given thus far. If anyone else has more examples of features the web mobile version has that the app lacks I would really appreciate you sharing them.

DeletedUser43011

If the Devs spent more time concentrating on rectifying the current issues of not being able to post reports etc rather than worrying about changing fonts and colours then this perma disablement of the browser wouldn't be an issue.

Killing the browser version will create many more problems than it solves

I'd also like to have the person who ran the stats stating less and less people are using it because of the mobile app as I can guarantee they're wrong.

How else does one create and post a live siege reports whilst on the go.

This in truth is probably more of a money saving exercise which makes sense but for the love of God fix the app issues first then delete it.

1 step forward 2 back springs to mind!

DeletedUser52116

another thing we cant do on app is the administration of forums for leaders ... also at mobile version we can see reports converted with GRCR or DIO tools

DeletedUser37468

Here is a bargain.....

Fix the existing app, make it available to Windows phone users....then you can do what you want with the mobile version

You will lose countless players by not getting the app sorted, adding Windows to the app availability list and closing down the mobile version

If Inno wants to kill their golden egg layer they are surely going the right way about it by losing the mobile website and not fixing the app and having the app available to everyone and not just those with Android/iPhone...we Windows phone owners play as much as they do...level playing field needed please

DeletedUser35597

This. sucks.

On my ipod 4 the grepolis app doesn't work, and the mobile site is the only thing I can have. I'm sorry, but if you disable the mobile site I cannot play at all.

DeletedUser43011

Info@innogames.de

I think but don't count on a reply, everything is filtered so I imagine your words will end up on the lead Coma's desk in some way shape or form who will more than likely file it under trash