Debate of the week

DeletedUser15240

So I thought I would make this as an attempt to try and keep activity high, and you all entertained. Idea courtesy of osl112.

I'm sure many of you have seen a similar such thing before, and if this goes well, then I might make another next week.

So 1st weeks topics:

What in your opinion makes a forum active and enjoyable?

(note, keep it interesting without being over the top heated)

Discuss away ;).

DeletedUser

Good stories produced and created by the Rho Reporter, which the RETURN was made by me personally.

DeletedUser

Forum usually reflects a worlds state. I reckon to keep a world fun and active we should have small groups of players who are constantly at war rather than a huge alliance that goes around over-powering everyone and then they get bored and leave.

But forums should hold PotM once every month, which lots of mods fail to do. Hold any other competitions and don't delete any threads, clean and infract plz.

DeletedUser

Threads should be left alone, the old ones should be put under an ARCHIVE section.

DeletedUser4577

I think what brings something to life in the forums is the conflict which takes place ingame. The continued fights/pnp's/ruling council/top ranking players/ect, ect.

Once you get in a very conflict filled world and you actually get a majority of players chatting it begins to get a little fun. You get to see the best and worst of players while they chat and either try to put down one anothers playing "skills" or they try to show the next alliance up by epically succeeding or failing.

SCREEN SHOTS!! will always be fun to see as well....I could careless about a players wall but would be entertained to see attacks filled with noobness or being torn up against a wall of defense. It will always make me laugh to see screen shot after screen shot of one whole alliance attacking the same guy and still failing....

The constant chatter of chaos going around is what attracts me and gives a great time to comment on something or start a discussion.

DeletedUser3393

I think what brings something to life in the forums is the conflict which takes place ingame. The continued fights/pnp's/ruling council/top ranking players/ect, ect.

Once you get in a very conflict filled world and you actually get a majority of players chatting it begins to get a little fun. You get to see the best and worst of players while they chat and either try to put down one anothers playing "skills" or they try to show the next alliance up by epically succeeding or failing.

SCREEN SHOTS!! will always be fun to see as well....I could careless about a players wall but would be entertained to see attacks filled with noobness or being torn up against a wall of defense. It will always make me laugh to see screen shot after screen shot of one whole alliance attacking the same guy and still failing....

The constant chatter of chaos going around is what attracts me and gives a great time to comment on something or start a discussion.

I agree to DR completely... It is all the ingame fighting which spills onto the forums and battle screenshots and discussions about the top 12 alliances. Most fun in the forums is there for me.

DeletedUser18636

As little moderation as possible... let us communicate, rarely there is need to shut someone up

I think this makes a forum great and the world

DeletedUser31161

Screen Shots
Newspaper
People talking nonsense
Stuff like that

DeletedUser4577

My question for everyone would then be -

Even with the fun it has in itself would you like your alliance to be a hot topic in the forums?
Is it more pressure if your alliance is in the spot light?

As my experience has been and being totally honest I think being in the spot light def has its cons. I think players expect more if you are in the spot light and then if one thing goes wrong the majority base you and your alliance off of that.

DeletedUser29371

What makes the forums fun and enjoyable?

Thats pretty simple solution.

An alliance who is active on forum needs a strong counter enemy alliance who is active on forum. so opinions clash

Thats what makes forums fun and enjoyable...

DeletedUser

What makes the forums fun and enjoyable?

Thats pretty simple solution.

An alliance who is active on forum needs a strong counter enemy alliance who is active on forum. so opinions clash

Thats what makes forums fun and enjoyable...
And if there are more than two sides it's even more fun. :p
The more the merrier.

DeletedUser20688

War what spills onto the forum always makes things good

DeletedUser

Our forum in Underworld is extremely active even though we are only four days into this world. We love to keep our branches competing. When Beginner Protection wore off, we had everyone post their first attack reports. This was to get everyone rolling towards acquiring their first ABPs. It was hilarious with all the 7 point kills. We then started competing for our first awards in this world and had our members proudly display them. We encourage one another, congratulate each other on our accomplishments, and laugh along the way. It is a way to let those few in our alliance who do not have a lot of Grepo experience get involved in the laughter and camaraderie that builds a close and loyal alliance. So far, the results have been fun and the entire alliance has enjoyed this.

Things will get tense enough when the big wars start and we constantly have ops, support requests and sniping details to organize. It is just fun sometimes to laugh and enjoy the small accomplishments that are fun in Grepolis without all the tension.

DeletedUser4577

I think this thread was asking about the external forum not the private alliances forum.
That should be active without even saying it....lol.

DeletedUser4064

I think this thread was asking about the external forum not the private alliances forum.
That should be active without even saying it....lol.

Of course you were always more active on the forums than the battlefield. Remember Epsilon!!

DeletedUser4577

haha, You know to be honest I am a bit disappointed you aren't in my alliance. You were a great player in Epsilon even though you seemed to hog whole islands to yourself, lol. Be great to be on the same side for once!

Anyways, I am active all over. :p

DeletedUser4064

You must be thinking of someone else. I have very few islands where I have as many as 5 towns.