Definition of an MRA

DeletedUser

Oh wow! I posted something similar to this a long time ago... How ironic :)

But I would like to bring something into play, right now in world Kos, My Alliance has exactly 100 members in a 50 cap world. We did not send requests for them to join us, they came to us, does this count as a MRA? Mass Recruitment Alliance? We did not recruit them, they recruited theirselves ;)

Most stupid thing I've ever heard.
You have 100 players in a 50 cap world when the world has been out for 24 hours.
And of course 100 players didn't ask to join, you don't so many members in that period of time without being active when it comes to invites.

And the concept of an MRA is not how you recruit the players, it's that you actually recruit them.

DeletedUser

Most stupid thing I've ever heard.
You have 100 players in a 50 cap world when the world has been out for 24 hours.
And of course 100 players didn't ask to join, you don't so many members in that period of time without being active when it comes to invites.

And the concept of an MRA is not how you recruit the players, it's that you actually recruit them.

I agree on what you said and before I let you finish, but The Brotherhood was one of the best MRAs of all times!

[Insert Sarcasm here].

DeletedUser

Totally agree with you mate. My current alliance W.A.R on world Myonia is been branded as a MRA when we have only recruited the best there is to offer in our ocean 56. Also every member i recruited since reaching the 50player mark out of 150 has either asked to join, or had around our average points.

DeletedUser

Totally agree with you mate. My current alliance W.A.R on world Myonia is been branded as a MRA when we have only recruited the best there is to offer in our ocean 56. Also every member i recruited since reaching the 50player mark out of 150 has either asked to join, or had around our average points.

Yes, I'm in that world as well, currently transferring from CASUALS UNITED to No Pants Allowed and War is not a MRA, but alliance's like Romianian Fighters who just send random invites to people are. They filled up quickly, and are STILL dropping ranks

DeletedUser

Well this looks thoroughly discussed but I'll add MY input.

MRA just simply stand for Mass Recruiting Alliance, plain and simple. Technically it could be mass recruiting experienced members, but usually it's just a bunch of random players. There is nothing wrong with simply the title MRA, it's only the fact that MRAs 'suck' That makes the title disrespected.

Varun

Strategos
Its the name itself MRA = Mass Recruiting Alliance. Nothing more and nothing less.

The definition can be -

MRA is called as a mass recruiting alliance. In this alliance the players are herded under one banner like a flock of sheep and then that banner is rimmed by other players which is like a slaughter of sheep.

Simple, right? ;)

DeletedUser39847

lol adding this to the dictionary meaning of M.R.A^^^

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Time for a name change instead of MRA lets use NP(Noob Protection):pro:!!!

DeletedUser

Nah how can MRAs protect the noobs when they all usually ARE (considered) noobs? It shall be changed to MNRA, for Mass Noob Recruiting Alliance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The one main thing about this is that so-called elitist players will never accept this and they will always see any alliance over 100 members as an MRA.
This is the sad fact of it, and yes i do think some of them say this because they think it's right to do so and it makes them look good.

This term is a term that seemed to find its way over from Tribal wars, i accept the term the way its used in there but not in here.
And nobody is going to change my mind on this, i get sick to death of seeing this plastered everywhere.
What makes elitist alliances think they are playing the correct way

From my perspective, the so called elitists are just opportunists who readily jump teams out of a win at all costs mentality.

While I helped build a team by using a variety of means, I would proudly wear the badge of having built an MRA. Why? Because I think there is much to improve on Grepolis culture and where are these improvements likely to appear? Among new players and new models, based on new ideas.

I am officially retired but received great joy building an MRA team supplemented with a fairly rigorous cultural model enforced by leadership. 1. Teamwork, 2. Honest and ethical play , 3. Meritocracy and open model for gaining leadership status. Our team was very loyal to each other and while it is not likely to win, has managed to dominate many oceans and battle the top 2 world alliances at the same time. Our combined team was around 150-200 at the peak, adding up to no 2-4 globally, in terms of resources. Yes we had spies and other challenges, but we had great fun too. Isn't fun the goal of the game? Friendships based on trust and helping each other seem more lasting and rewarding to me than ones build on winning battles alone.

Just my 2 cents

DeletedUser

How to tell an MRA: when you first start a world, there's always an alliance that has a lot more players, thus a lower average, than most alliances. That is an MRA. MRAs won't last for very long, usually a month or so when they disband.