Definition of an MRA

DeletedUser

I'm a new player reading all these forums just trying to learn and would like to get in w/ a good alliance...how do I check the member activity as you mentioned above? Also, as I research around and see what alliances look like good ones to join for my ocean/area, they don't allow new players in, so how do I get on w/ them if I can't get the #cities/#points required because I keep getting wiped out?

Go to grepostats(google it) and find an alliance and click on members and check to see increases in bp. Just go solo for a while and try raking in bp and try looking good, also explain your situation and hopefully they'll take you in. Remember you can always start your own alliance.

DeletedUser20429

That or you could build a decent defence army then build up your city/cities and then ask to join. Most alliances will have a point limit if they are NOT an MRA. MRA's are crappy alliances and go by the theory safety in numbers. If I were you I'd join an alliance that's based in your ocean that has an okay amount of points and a higher BP amount.

DeletedUser

I'm a new player reading all these forums just trying to learn and would like to get in w/ a good alliance...how do I check the member activity as you mentioned above? Also, as I research around and see what alliances look like good ones to join for my ocean/area, they don't allow new players in, so how do I get on w/ them if I can't get the #cities/#points required because I keep getting wiped out?

I think this is the wrong thread to talk about that but I will PM you giving you some advice that may or may not be useful (no guarantees, haha).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"Definition of an MRA" is the name of this thread and although I do see the definition, I don't see what the acronym stands for. It seems like that should kind of be included in the definition. Or someone could open a new thread named "What MRA stands for".Lol jk.
so, what does MRA stand for then?

DeletedUser

MRA=Mass Recruitment Alliance...they send out form letters and invitations to random players regardless of skill.

DeletedUser24356

I just kicked out everyone from that alliance :)
lol
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know it's not an mra but.... Dumb Alliance.jpg lol and half of their members are under 500 points

DeletedUser

They invited me back into the alliance where I kicked everyone out :eek:
MRA alert!

DeletedUser29066

This is how I recruit players:

1. I scan the area I'm recruiting in for independent players who meet predefined point total.

2. I check them out in Grepo Stats .. looking for signs of activity and alliance changes. If they show no activity for a week or longer I move on. Same if they have too many alliance changes. I also try to to check for recent DBP to see if they've been attacked, but sometimes I forget that step.

3. If they pass the checks and meet the other criteria I send them a PM. I greet them using their name. I introduce myself, tell them the alliance I represent, and ask if they are are interested in joining. I sometimes explain the benefits, usually I suggest they check out the alliance profile.

4. Depending on the circumstances and the alliance guidelines, the next step can vary. Sometimes I ask the prospect to reply and tell me why he thinks he is worthy of membership before I send an invitation. Other times I simply tell them that if they are interested to reply and request an invitation. In most cases I just send the invitation as soon as I send the PM.

This approach has worked well for me so far in 4 worlds. I find players respond better to a well worded message they do to just a blind invitation. And spelling and grammar count. There are some supposed diplomats out there who couldn't put together a proper sentence if their lives depended on it and who can't spell CAT even if you spot them the C and the T.

DeletedUser

Hassan: That's basically how all higher class alliances work for the first couple of months. After you get deep into a world though, many alliances will either close recruitment entirely (except for some exempt players), or force you to contact them instead of the standard procedures.

DeletedUser

People are too quick to judge an alliance as an MRA my definition or an MRA is an alliance that invites just about every player without any type of strategy involved just because the want to have the advantage of numbers or want to look big on points

DeletedUser

I love this thread, I have just started the new speed 3 world, I have been branded by some local players (that have high point values) as an MRA but all i have done is recruited sevral members on the same island as me and then continued to recruit island by island, I know have the largest alliance in my ocean and yes i brought members from 2 other worlds, we now have 50 members all localised in one ocean and still some players wont join because they assume we are an MRA, Its an insult when you put in so much time into recruitment and getting everyone active.

The real definition of an MRA is as stated here an alliance that recruits everywhere and anywhere, Not an alliance that is local to one ocean

Really glad this was pointed out maybe now i will get members straight from the of and people will relise that my start up is a good and worthy alliance to join :)

DeletedUser

MRA
Any alliance that recruits all players that they can find with low standards is an MRA. For example, in Omicron, the world was plagued with MRAs. In the beginning, the MRA was the predominant form of an alliance. Some alliances had 4 branches! Once the two largest non-MRA alliances merged, the world was lost. Even if all players not in Evolution were to fight against them, they would have miserably failed because they were almost all MRAs. Thus, we had a world lost and won due to MRAs. Their definition, however, is a very broad one.

An alliance that recruits masses of players with low standards, inactivity, and lousy leadership is an MRA

DeletedUser11886

Oh wow! I posted something similar to this a long time ago... How ironic :)

But I would like to bring something into play, right now in world Kos, My Alliance has exactly 100 members in a 50 cap world. We did not send requests for them to join us, they came to us, does this count as a MRA? Mass Recruitment Alliance? We did not recruit them, they recruited theirselves ;)

DeletedUser

I find players respond better to a well worded message they do to just a blind invitation. And spelling and grammar count.

/agree

If it does not seem to have been worth your time to properly present your thoughts, why should I take the time to pay attention? Some people just do not get that.

/wave Hassan