Definition of spamming

DeletedUser57251

What is the mod safe definition of spamming? If two players keep sending 4 attacks to each other for entire day for a few days then one of them report spamming will the other player be banned?
If a low morale player keeps sending a useless attack at midnight just to annoy someone then that someone 'stone hail' his city to rust will it be considered spamming?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Spam is an incredibly complex thing to define given that there are so many different reasons and types of attacks that players and alliances can and do send out. These range from favor/resource farming to harbor checks and checking to see if a player is offline. Then we have fake attacks that are sent out to mask a CS during a take over attempt. If you believe a player is sending a volume of attacks or type of attacks that would be considered spam or violates our fair play policy then please send in a ticket and we will look into the matter.

The Hoboman

Hoplite
There is no fair play policy!! The mods always send that out as standard but will never tell you what it is. One player inparticular spams on a regular basis, changes his city names to brag about it, tickets get sent in and the reponse is " we will look into it, if it is a breach of our fair play policy then we will take the appropriate action ". As there isnt a fair play policy no action gets taken, simple. We just have to live with it and return the favor lol

DeletedUser41523

There is no fair play policy!! The mods always send that out as standard but will never tell you what it is. One player inparticular spams on a regular basis, changes his city names to brag about it, tickets get sent in and the reponse is " we will look into it, if it is a breach of our fair play policy then we will take the appropriate action ". As there isnt a fair play policy no action gets taken, simple. We just have to live with it and return the favor lol

Maybe it doesn't fit their definition of spam?

DeletedUser55951

If there was such a thing as a "fair play policy", I would never share it publicly.. imagine what would happen. How many people would do their best to find loopholes and then abuse the fact they can´t get banned because they haven´t met the criteria for a ban.

DeletedUser57113

If there was such a thing as a "fair play policy", I would never share it publicly.. imagine what would happen. How many people would do their best to find loopholes and then abuse the fact they can´t get banned because they haven´t met the criteria for a ban.

It's a double-edged sword. Not revealing the exact policy means bad actors won't be able to abuse it, but abuse of power is not a feat limited to players only. I've been playing Grepolis for 10 years and have seen my fair share of corrupt mods. In fact, not long back there was a mod who leaked the IP addresses of several players. You'd trust these same mods not to give false bans to help out their friends?

The Hoboman

Hoplite
So we have a member with over 600 attacks on his cities today, consisting of 1 sword to 4 tris and 10ls, is that fair play, I would just like an answer please