Definition of spamming

Hydna

Grepolis Team
This server, in fact all servers have tried to define spamming for many years and failed. As Mike has said it is complex.

We are looking at game mechanics that will help with this issue but in the meantime if you believe there is an issue please report it and we will do a full investigation of that case specifically.

Ranga1

Strategos
This server, in fact all servers have tried to define spamming for many years and failed. As Mike has said it is complex.

We are looking at game mechanics that will help with this issue but in the meantime if you believe there is an issue please report it and we will do a full investigation of that case specifically.
To avoid spamming mods, what would constitute an issue?

GeneralBHB

Hoplite
How do you call spying for lets say continuous for 20 times repetitive one after another within seconds in small amounts?

DeletedUser54433

that is called spy bombing to empty the cave.. its not spam

DeletedUser57113

Yikes. Coming from a guy who does this

1595358913303.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10902

Interesting. I have been playing this game for a decade, and this is the first I've even heard about this. Is this becoming a bigger issue recently?

Fair play policy is anything mod wants to use as excuse to ban player or enemies of his friends, welcome to grepolis 2020.

It's not just 2020. I got a ban once and demanded to see their policy in writing. They refused. As a player of this game, you have no rights and no protections. (I might get banned for posting this. Who knows.)

EDIT: It just occurred to me that I almost exclusively play Revolt Worlds. Is this a Conquest World issue?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser55714

Fair play policy is anything mod wants to use as excuse to ban player or enemies of his friends, welcome to grepolis 2020.

This sounds more like Gen 1 Grepo before the updates to today's graphics and visuals.

DeletedUser20025

Players: You guys are still complaining about this? What would you do if you were in a real war, complain about the gun fire that took place all night long? For the love of Grepolis, either play the game or don't play it. But please stop this incessant complaining. Player bashing in the forums is fine and not considered spammy, then why complain about in-game so damn much?

Mods: Don't say stuff when you cannot back it up. Makes you'll look stupid. Fair Play Policy is the most ridiculous thing I have heard of. I had a player who lost a city to me saying he would rape me and murder me in 124. Did the Mods put a permanent ban in place when I complained...NO, he just got a warning. Fair play...bollocks!

On a side note: I personally may not care much for Charlie as I played under him in 124 and he can say some things I may not agree with, but as a player he contributes a ton to INNO's cashflow by buying Gold and then gets banned. Isn't that double standards by the company? You ban a player citing childish reasons but let him buy a ton of gold...what ignorance and double standards is this? And by the way Charlie's playing style is just fine....never saw him say go spam this player or that player. He would simply say: "Go attack this player" and if you people think that is spammy, then this is an outright loser mentality.
On one occasion, I asked for LTS because the game alarm on the mobile wasn't going off at times, he (Charlie) said too bad, keep awake and defend your cities as we don't turtle, which is absolutely fine as per game and team logic. I may not have liked it but what was wrong with that? My decision was to ghost cause I was finally fed up of the phone alarm not working properly. Why on earth would I blame him for anything?

I've gotten "spam" attacked by opposing team players, made no bloody difference to my life. More power to them for their activeness in the game if you ask me.

Grow up players and stop whining about spam. Period!

DeletedUser41523

Comparing Grep, a voluntary game played for fun that you can leave at any time to the military, a possibly mandatory position that once you sign up for you cannot leave until your time is up and involves risking your life and comes with many other potential hazards such as dismemberment, PTSD, etc. Is probably the dumbest comparison I've ever heard. Grep is in no way the military. The two should not be compared.

but as a player he contributes a ton to INNO's cashflow by buying Gold and then gets banned
Yes he spends $1800ish to be relatively average but elevates it by spamming other players into quitting, many of whom also spend a lot to try to be successful at the game. Maybe the mods are willing to lose a high paying player to secure more long term customers? As opposed to being reliant on Miknel and Nori to clean his clock and temporarily rid the game of his presence for a few months every year.

On one occasion, I asked for LTS because the game alarm on the mobile wasn't going off at times, he (Charlie) said too bad, keep awake and defend your cities as we don't turtle

At this point I'm convinced that this is satire or trolling because Charlie LTSes his own cities. I gave up reading the rest.

Raydium88

Strategos
On a side note: I personally may not care much for Charlie as I played under him in 124 and he can say some things I may not agree with, but as a player he contributes a ton to INNO's cashflow by buying Gold and then gets banned. Isn't that double standards by the company?

Imagine if now, only because a player spent money that they could get a free pass from any form of cheating and/or misbehaviour... Isn't that what you call corruption in the real world? Talk about double standards... the irony of this quote is unreal lol

DeletedUser20025

Comparing Grep, a voluntary game played for fun that you can leave at any time to the military, a possibly mandatory position that once you sign up for you cannot leave until your time is up and involves risking your life and comes with many other potential hazards such as dismemberment, PTSD, etc. Is probably the dumbest comparison I've ever heard. Grep is in no way the military. The two should not be compared.

Yes he spends $1800ish to be relatively average but elevates it by spamming other players into quitting, many of whom also spend a lot to try to be successful at the game. Maybe the mods are willing to lose a high paying player to secure more long term customers? As opposed to being reliant on Miknel and Nori to clean his clock and temporarily rid the game of his presence for a few months every year.

At this point I'm convinced that this is satire or trolling because Charlie LTSes his own cities. I gave up reading the rest.

This above was just rambling and at the end... blame Charlie who I personally don't care much for. This is where the problem, lies, you people don't like an answer, blame Charlie, That's how bad it's gotten with you lot of whiners.
Oh coming to the voluntary part... quit playing if it;s voluntary, why complain so much. That was my whole point, wasn't it?

You and I can pick sentences here and there but is that the whole point?

DeletedUser20025

Imagine if now, only because a player spent money that they could get a free pass from any form of cheating and/or misbehaviour... Isn't that what you call corruption in the real world? Talk about double standards... the irony of this quote is unreal lol

This is a senseless reply.
Want to cherry pick? Why accept the money in the first place, right?
He didn't get a free pass, he was banned. What do you have to say about it now? Another complaint?

You two above don't seem to understand that I'm no supporter of Charlie but this is a game, you like it play it, you don't like it walk away and stop complaining so much. This forum has become a negativity of whining and complaining.

Imagine if you people were around in 2010-2011 when there was no phone app. How much you lot would of whined and moaned back then when Grepolis was real skill and tougher. Nothing to wake you up at night, no events to get you your precious siege breaking Griffs.

It's a nightmare to read these forums nowadays and the stupid self obsessed replies like you'll have come into this world doing everyone a favor with righteousness. In Real Life I highly doubt so, so get a life and stop whining like 3 year old spoiled children.