Delphi PoTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Sedai and SweeT

Can't vote for yourself -.-

I'm not going to vote because I feel that there's more than two players that are worth winning the PoTM title. But thank you to those who have voted for me and if anyone decides to :p

DeletedUser

Oh how fun :)
Had no idea this was going on here.
I am sure the 2 that are nominated will have a nice battle of voting.

DeletedUser

Its fine, just messaged him. Basically the comp is fine but i cannot promise a title award without clearing it with a God which i'm going to do when one comes online.

No I said "I" had to clear prizes with them :p not you.

I will give a lowdown on how to set up a competition for future attempts.

If you have an idea for a competition then talk to the mod who is in charge of the section.

Give:

-The main idea for the comp
-POTM and ingame player awards have preset rules and they cannot be altered.
-Any awards for the competition = Any and all awards MUST be approved by a God and this is done through the Mod for the area. This way the Gods arnt inundated with pms from players when they are self important and figure they have better things to do.

Most of the details can be set up or done by the mod for the area.

Also just because a mod has something in 1 world doesnt mean they need it in another area. Or different mods have to have the same comp. Each competition is up to the mod for that specific world. We get almost autonomy for these kinds of things but have our hands tied on what kind of prizes we are allowed to give out.

After some thoughts on this competition I feel that its too early to have an official competition for this world. Next month the competition will take place. This will also allow people to spend time with their families rather than worry about checking every 10 minutes on christmas eve who won and such.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think Cronus has a great point here :) Peace mode is for ppl to spend time with families, not log in here and vote every few minutes.
Thanks

DeletedUser

No I said "I" had to clear prizes with them :p not you.

I will give a lowdown on how to set up a competition for future attempts.

If you have an idea for a competition then talk to the mod who is in charge of the section.

Give:

-The main idea for the comp
-POTM and ingame player awards have preset rules and they cannot be altered.
-Any awards for the competition = Any and all awards MUST be approved by a God and this is done through the Mod for the area. This way the Gods arnt inundated with pms from players when they are self important and figure they have better things to do.

Most of the details can be set up or done by the mod for the area.

Also just because a mod has something in 1 world doesnt mean they need it in another area. Or different mods have to have the same comp. Each competition is up to the mod for that specific world. We get almost autonomy for these kinds of things but have our hands tied on what kind of prizes we are allowed to give out.

After some thoughts on this competition I feel that its too early to have an official competition for this world. Next month the competition will take place. This will also allow people to spend time with their families rather than worry about checking every 10 minutes on christmas eve who won and such.

THis world has been open for a month- if we had the poll start on the 27th and run through into the new year no one would be draw away from family to check on the forums. Though, if you would rather check the forums then be with your family you probably has some issues to deal with.

THis is just my opinion of course and if you think it is too soon then i guess we'll ahve to wait.

DeletedUser

The world has been open for less than a month actually ;) The world started on the 28th of November so its been open for 25 days. Booyah

the reason I like waiting for longer than what the time is now is to seperate people from who pays to play and who plays. Skill becomes more of a factor rather than bankroll and its more fair across the board otherwise I would just start each world for a month and spend like crazy to get player of the month ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The world has been open for less than a month actually ;) The world started on the 28th of November so its been open for 25 days. Booyah

the reason I like waiting for longer than what the time is now is to seperate people from who pays to play and who plays. Skill becomes more of a factor rather than bankroll and its more fair across the board otherwise I would just start each world for a month and spend like crazy to get player of the month ;)

it is POSTER of the month!!!!! Not player! :rolleyes:

THis is about who has been posting most constructively/who people think is the best delphi poster! NOthing to do with IG!

DeletedUser

what the heck can a person post in this time? how awesome their 2000 point city is :D Give it some time.

DeletedUser

Well i personally have posted 110 or something times. :p

People seem to think that there are people who have been posting good stuff or they wouldn't have been nominating people. :rolleyes:

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
To be honest the people who spam a forum for the first month of it being open and then leave to join another world aren't really anything special. Waiting a few months to have a poll of this kind makes more sense as by then the world forum will have a distinct set of posters. Plus nobody nominated is has done anything deserving of a comp win. Not a single good pnp has been made, just a lot of spam from the nominees.

DeletedUser

I don't spam... Well, not that much anyways. :)

Meh, whatever, just trying to have some fun.

I don't see the harm in running it really... All cronus has to do is create a poll in a few days!

DeletedUser

I would but the Titan has also spoken :p I am but a mere Hero and cannot go against the wishes of a mighty Titan ;)

Also yah... nothing really exciting has been posted in these forums. Mostly its arm flexing and drivel. I have noticed like 2 entries that were extremely well thought out but unfortunately they werent nominated :D

DeletedUser

Well I can tell you I would rather buy shoes then spend a ton here. I love this game and will say I do use the free earn coins to have certain things but can't fathom why I would blow it on speed ups. What's the fun in that, doesn't create a very even playing field. To take such pride in winning when your opponent is at a disadvantage to me is a sad thing. But having said that we all make our own choices so the best to all :)

DeletedUser

hehe... I am lost (normal I might add )
anyways is this a contest for posts on forum or playing in the game itself

Status
Not open for further replies.