Delta: End of BP! What next?

DeletedUser

Hey!

I'm on Delta, and tomorrow, pretty much everyone around me's BP ends. I'm the highest rated person on my island in points, by quite a bit, but I'm also dealing with several large alliances on my island - What's the best way to spend today? I've almost got horsemen, I was thinking maybe I should push to finish that research and build some, as an attacking force?

Or maybe I'm better stopping construction and massing an army today? Swords will kill slingers no problem, and nobody around me has a high enough point value to have hoplites, so...

Whatcha think, guys?

DeletedUser

You should already have a military built up coming out of BP in my opinion. Get raiding immediately when BP drops. Target known inactives and then when you have a decent force start clearing people on your island of their troops.

-Kash

DeletedUser

:eek: I wish I was on your island!

Ha! Archers! Archers kill slingers! =P

Sorry, I'll try to wear my newbie-ness slightly less on my sleeve.

---

What's the advantage of hitting an inactive at, say, 200 points? Odd are his warehouse hasn't been upgraded, he'll only have a few hundred of each resource?

DeletedUser

Hehe, in early game for pvp, slingers rule for their cheapness and speed to build and their effectiveness in attack.

As for farming 200 point players? Not worth it...great for spiking and watching someone else fall off their perch though ;)

DeletedUser

I would always favour letting a few of them grown, but in a controlled way, so you have some bigger farms...kill them around the 2000 point mark maybe?

DeletedUser

As for farming 200 point players? Not worth it...great for spiking and watching someone else fall off their perch though ;)

WHAT!? It is definitely worth it. Especially if you're just coming out of BP. But really, until you get to the point where you can farm active players by clearing their troops and still managing to make a profit from the hit (difficult), you'll be raiding inactives.

Micro-Farming brings in a lot of resources if done right and actively. It also gives the farming villages an opportunity to recharge mood (if you farm them to ~20% like I do...) and makes effective use of your troops when they are not killing something.

Granted it is great to have larger farms in the 2K point range, but if the account is abandoned there is no reason not to farm a smaller Polis.

-Kash

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hey!

I'm on Delta, and tomorrow, pretty much everyone around me's BP ends. I'm the highest rated person on my island in points, by quite a bit, but I'm also dealing with several large alliances on my island - What's the best way to spend today? I've almost got horsemen, I was thinking maybe I should push to finish that research and build some, as an attacking force?

Or maybe I'm better stopping construction and massing an army today? Swords will kill slingers no problem, and nobody around me has a high enough point value to have hoplites, so...

Whatcha think, guys?

So what's your point value currently Ze?

I'm curious on forecasting, if I'm going slow or something. I'm halfway through day 2 and I'm at 381.

DeletedUser

i think that the islands are setup so they have the same day as for me i started 3/7/10