Answered Democritus Hero

DeletedUser54892

If I apply "Land Expansion" effect on a Democritus city, would I have a chance of doubling the effect?

And more generally, what positive effects have a chance of doubling with Democritus? So far I have seen none, though my Democritus is 16-th level now.

Silver Witch

Strategos
Democritas has a chance of doubling most effects with the exception of the following:

These are NOT doubled:
Land Expansion
Coins of war and wisdom
Favor package (the specified amount of favour)
Mixed resources/individual res package

That is it to the best of my knowledge so basically most spells he is able to double.

In addition when he is in a city and from that you cast spells elsewhere - e.g summoning of nereids/passionate pop he can also double the length again. I LOVE HIM

He does not double the in-game spells e.g. wedding/COTO etc

At level 16 you should have a 52% chance of doubling. If he hasn't doubled for you you have been very unlucky. He is not able to double if he is travelling or injured.

DeletedUser54892

Ok, if I use say Hoplites Reinforcement, 60 hoplites for 5 hours, would I have a chance for 60 hoplites for 10 hours? Or Tiche's Enlightenment, would I have a chance for 2 weeks instead of 1?

DeletedUser54892

Applied Swordsmen Reinforcement (obtained in island quest) and no doubling again. :( Maybe Democritus is not my Hero. :)

DeletedUser54892

Hmm... Now I am 95% sure that Democritus does nothing. I applied several times "Reinforcement" effect, to feed units to Grepolympics event, with different units, and with my 16th level Democritus the effecs were NEVER doubled.

Raydium88

Strategos
Hmm... Now I am 95% sure that Democritus does nothing. I applied several times "Reinforcement" effect, to feed units to Grepolympics event, with different units, and with my 16th level Democritus the effecs were NEVER doubled.

Are you sure you are using the tokens on towns where demo is assigned?

I can assure you it works. Otherwise you just got some bad luck. I have heard if you talk dirty to him before casting a token it works.... totally not my method..............

DeletedUser54892

Are you sure you are using the tokens on towns where demo is assigned?

I can assure you it works. Otherwise you just got some bad luck. I have heard if you talk dirty to him before casting a token it works.... totally not my method..............

I have a single dedicated city to feed units to Grepolympics, and Democritus is assigned to the city. Ok, next time I use a token on Democritus city I'll call him first. Actually he is indeed...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54161

My Personnal Experience with Democritus:

When I Try to Double a Manticore Token
Democritus: "Nahh, I don't feel like doing that"

When I wish to suffer a Negative Penalty to Complete a Quest
Democritus: "Of course I can double that for you"

DeletedUser54892

PS: Sometimes he works; in my case, the "Unit Reinforcement" token was doubled from 5th or 6th attempt. Archers were lucky.