Demolishing Academy

DeletedUser

PACKFANN has written the following:
Academy: If you want a conquest city, first build to 28 and research colony ship and conquest, you'll want to do this for your first city. Once that, and other essential researches are done, demolish to 22, but no lower, so you can keep building colony ships. For other specialized cities, build and research and then demolish to lv.1

I've been told that you loose what you research if you demolish below the level you get it...is that not
true? [/SIZE]

This was asked in our forum. Does anyone know the answer for sure.

DeletedUser8969

I'm not certain what you would lose for demolishing an academy but it is extremely bad to demolish academies for one reason. You need a level 30 academy to do city festivals.

city festivals become an increasingly important source of CPs as you get bigger. you can probably get to 10 cities or so just on bps but after that your growth curve will suffer increasingly. i don't advise demolishing academies in the alliance i am currently in and have never advised to do so. it is a bad idea and i don't know any elite players who advise it as a routine city build. i have level 30 academies in all of my cities.

DeletedUser

Once you have researched a technology it will always be applied to your city (unless you revert it). The only thing that will stop working is not being able to build a CS, as you had mentioned.

Like soc said, I wouldn't advise it though for the same reasons an the extra population you get from demolishing isn't much.

DeletedUser

can I ask why this is no longer possible? I am playing on world rizinia and I have demolished my academy in a few of my cities. There was an update like 2 weeks ago, maybe longer. Anyway now it is no longer possible to demolish an academy if it means going into -research points.

I have a few cities with a lvl 22 academy with - research points however I cannot do it in new cities I have conquered, This is a bit frustrating. Was it a recent update change?

DeletedUser2795

can I ask why this is no longer possible? I am playing on world rizinia and I have demolished my academy in a few of my cities. There was an update like 2 weeks ago, maybe longer. Anyway now it is no longer possible to demolish an academy if it means going into -research points.

I have a few cities with a lvl 22 academy with - research points however I cannot do it in new cities I have conquered, This is a bit frustrating. Was it a recent update change?

I presume that this was changed in the 2.41 update.
2.41 Changelog: Bug Fixes said:
  • You could get negative research points by demolishing academy.