demolition orders reduce market cap before actual demolitions

Zarun-

Strategos
Demolishing the market reduces your trade capacity before the building has even demolished!

This is not right. It doesn't work the other way around so it shouldn't be this way either.

If any buildings are reduced in their usefulness simply because of a demolition queue and before the building is actually demolished then it should be changed ASAP. Or make it work the other way around too!

jM3p5Uy.jpg

As the image shows, I have market lvl 30 but only 11500 cap due to the demolition orders.

DeletedUser31385

Demolishing the market reduces your trade capacity before the building has even demolished!

This is not right. It doesn't work the other way around so it shouldn't be this way either.

If any buildings are reduced in their usefulness simply because of a demolition queue and before the building is actually demolished then it should be changed ASAP. Or make it work the other way around too!

jM3p5Uy.jpg

As the image shows, I have market lvl 30 but only 11500 cap due to the demolition orders.

Ya, that makes no sense at all.

Zarun-

Strategos
I see now this was a change in 2.98 - they were trying to disallow demolitions of market+merchant shop while trade capacity was in use.

That makes sense. Would be more ideal if it didn't reduce capacity before demolition but instead didn't allow you to demolish if the trade capacity was in use.

But as that type of check doesn't exist elsewhere it would be troublesome to add, so I can see why they did it this way.