Inactive Topic Development - City Customization

DeletedUser36743

Development Format

Proposal:
I have played Grepo for approx 3 years now and find that my needs from my cities are different at different points in time and in different situations... This idea is an attempt to add a little simple customization to improve gameplay

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Yes

Reason:
Here's the main body of the idea (it may be polished somewhat for improvement)...as we know the total population available in any city is a function of the Farm level... At present the population can be utilized for two things - as plebs - working in buildings/farms/quarries etc or as soldiers/sailors. I propose a third utilization - upto 10% of the exisiting population cap.....to enhance certain gameplay options in a logical way...

Illustration / Details:

Say that the total population available of the city with Farms at level 40 = 3000
Upto 10% of the total population can be skilled labour = 300
These skilled labour can be put to use for the services listed below

Now say the Temple is level 25 and uses a total population of say 70
A player can deploy upto 14 additional skilled labour (priests/priestesses in this case) resulting in a 20% increase in favour

This will leave the player 286 skilled labour to be deployed elsewhere or to be used normally as Soldiers/Sailors...

(Please note these numbers are mention for purposes of illustration only)

I propose that we can use part of the total population available subject to 10% of total city population (the total population in a city will depend on its Farm level at that time) to be available to the player for special enhancements as required by the person concerned in their city.

These are 'skilled' labour and can do the following...be used as

Bureaucrats - so if Senate is level 21 and it using say 65 population, a player adding 13 skilled workers will improve construction time by 20% or reduce demolition time by 20%

Priests/Priestessess - similarly this will improve favour production by the percentage of skilled labour (as a percentage of labour in the temple at present)...upto a max of 20%

Factory workers - Similarly skiiled population can be added to Quarries, Mines or timber camps to enhance raw material production - subject to the same cap of 20%

Entertainers - These guys can be added to reduce the time and/or resources for theatre plays or culture festivals...

Traders - This resluts in increased trade capacity - inter city and on island...

Needless to add - the total skilled labour that can be created is limited to 10% of the city population and all skilled labour created by the player means they get reduced from the total population available for recruiting soliders/sailors and city builds

This way a player can customize their cities

Visual Aids:
N/A

Balance:
I think this will not effect the gameplay balance in any way - this gives players the opportunity to customize their cities basis their need for the hour and add spice to the game..

Abuse Prevention:
I have tried to think this through and dont think this would be open to exploits/abuse

Summary:
I would love to hear from you on how you think this might work (or not work)...

Prateek

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser44192

Guys, don't be so harsh. No idea is stupid until it's given up upon. I don't personally love this type of customization, but I do agree after 3 years, the game hasn't changed much! It is time for a new idea, just keep thinking - one of them will work.

DeletedUser46130

Guys, don't be so harsh. No idea is stupid until it's given up upon. I don't personally love this type of customization, but I do agree after 3 years, the game hasn't changed much! It is time for a new idea, just keep thinking - one of them will work.

Exactly, we need something new, grepo hasnt changed almost at all since 2.0 rolled around, honestly i think this is a good idea, it maybe needs some more tweaks here and there, but i think it has potential, but what i really want is more complexity, more units would be nice, new buildings, anything, just to freshen up the game.

DeletedUser

it's just because the buildings work fine as is, and imagine someone set all their cities to increased resources and increased favor in all their poseidon cities, instant LS nuke

DeletedUser36743

it's just because the buildings work fine as is, and imagine someone set all their cities to increased resources and increased favor in all their poseidon cities, instant LS nuke

Well as proposed...one can deploy 'skilled labour' and get upto 20% extra resources....and upto 20% extra favour... nothing 'instant' about that....

The tradeoff is then you would have fewer polpulation available and thus...that many fewer LS.... also I could make biremes against your LS.....so its an added dimension to gameplay....adding spice like i said... :)

Lastly the %ages can be discussed and tweaked....not cast in stone...its the idea that i think will help...the numbers can be tweaked

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25249

I like the idea a little bit, but and its seems to me that these are so close to hero features in a way, but for those simmers out there and we have plenty, I could see some happy days ahead with this in play.

Well thought out bud, no from me but hey maybe improvements will make it awsome

DeletedUser8396

I like the idea. The ONLY thing I see bad about it is complexity. This would make the game much more complex, especially for beginners. Because of that, I'm on the fence.

DeletedUser27128

^^ Agree with a pebble. I like the idea, but its looking really complicated. If there can be some changes which make it easier to understand, then this is a really great idea.

DeletedUser36743

I like the idea. The ONLY thing I see bad about it is complexity. This would make the game much more complex, especially for beginners. Because of that, I'm on the fence.

Thank you for the feedback.... I agree it adds to the complexity - altho to be honest...that is exactly what I want...after playing the game for a while....it feels mechanical....tbh i would like it to be more complex/cerebral (for want of a better word)....the learning curve will definitely be longer for newbies ...but i guess they will be happier once they get the hang of it...

thanx again for your feedback

DeletedUser21990

I actually quite like this idea, as said it might deter new people from joining the game.
Perhaps if this idea was added it could be put into the tutorial so it could help new players understand it?

DeletedUser44167

Some of these are "Special Buildings"

Priests/Priestessess - similarly this will improve favour production by the percentage of skilled labour (as a percentage of labour in the temple at present)...upto a max of 20%

Similar to Divine Statue

Entertainers - These guys can be added to reduce the time and/or resources for theatre plays or culture festivals...

Similar to Theater

Traders - This resluts in increased trade capacity - inter city and on island...

Merchant Shop
-----------------------

Might be easier to rethink the special buildings and add a few more

DeletedUser36743

@Lil Ajax...u r right..some of this is available with the mentioned buildings...however my intent was for deeper customization than exists now; leveraging population mix

thanx for your inputs

DeletedUser27700

In some ways, the Hero world features coming to normal worlds already does this. Larger warehouses for example, in some way you could describe these buffs as additional levels on already existing buildings.

DeletedUser47330

Why don't we have custom skins for the buildings that costs gold to unlock?

DeletedUser13255

I like this idea. As a long time player, I crave more complexity to the game and believe it is worth investigating.