Dimale: Age of World Wonders News

FazeWalker

Phrourach
So here I am, Galib, back to the forums after a good couple of busy days. :D And Dimale stepped into the Age of World Wonders a few days ago! For those of you who already have quit, you are missing some great moments here.

In this thread I will give a bit update on the current WW races and some info. This might look more like a WW newspaper.

But first of all, I want to remove a negative idea from people's head. Whoever talks to me on this WW topic, tries to be humble and includes somehow in the message that he does not care about a crown. This is becoming a tradition here in Grepolis. Me personally don't have a crown but I do not see the wish to having a crown is a bad thing.

Every world comes to an end after WW era, do you believe it is that easy to win a WW against opponent? Yes, if you even pacted with them alongside rest of the world and WW is being constructed in one alliance only. Look, crown is just a award like every other you keep on your records. It just shows you have devoted yourself enough to be part of a winning team (unless you were a spy for them). I get it that WW race might be even simming. But look, every game ends somehow. New game-end policies might arrive which might be competitive, but till now, this is the way to win.

Ofcourse, you'll say "we are not here to win, but have fun." Sure. There is nothing wrong in that. Often you say that because you already have a crown (OFTEN). And rest of the times it's because you love battles. This does not mean WW is a bad thing. If you were so much of a fighter, come participate in WW, and take a city from enemy WW island and show what you are worth of? Why not? Scared of 15000+ biremes stacked in one city? (just example) WW is not as easy as many believes. To be honest, none likes WW but if thats how we end a world, yes its going to be us doing them. WW is not a drag for only you, rather most of them. Using 400 favor from all god to accelerate 7 minute of a 48-72 hours of construction?? That is why this is known as a teamwork thing (also more cities thing). WW is worth a crown when you work so hard for it against an opponent working with same effort.

Ok no more about crowns. I just don't think it is something to be ashamed of while you work for a WW. I feel it just like a casual award. This negative idea has to be removed from people inside game. I know there will be people against these words, but I can guarantee you, all are just my personal opinions, afterall this is just a game.

Now lets come to World Wonders in Dimale! :pro:

I will just mention current updates according to current rank, not levels, because levels are always changing.
This is not a BP/ABP/DBP/Rank thing so the topics will always be related to WW. (I will be neutral, supporting not even my WW alliance)

TOP 3 WW RACERS​

1) Breaking News:
Status: Got their WW just in O45 and O55 borders and islands nearby are all occupied for a proper WW journey. As it already seems they have Red Backs with them all along from the beginning of WW, also KamiKaze. Recently *Tzopanoi* and Sanctimonious also seems to join the WW side.

Happenings: BN are progressing rapidly on WW alongside TP and its a neck-to-neck competition. BN recently had a visit from one of the TP players tactically and got info on WW leaked. But this has surely made them alerted enough to keep an eye. Recent conquests suggests they have started the war with The Plague and already took a couple of cities. They still have a good morale fighting against a huge number of players.

Recently, few break-off of a few players from the BN side and they formed a new alliance (NEMESIS) due to one person's reasons of NOT-SIMMING (proper explanations to the beginning of this thread). The team suffered a loss but still can overcome it pretty fast. The better bond and leadership in the alliance is still keeping them tied and fixed on goal as they march towards WW era's end.

Current WW Status:
img

2) ThePlague:
Status: Got their WW just in O54 and O64 borders and most islands nearby are occupied for a WW journey. As it already seems they have the 3rd alliance in rank La Famiglia with them all along from the beginning of WW, although La Famiglia were most anticipated to form WW themselves but for certain inactivity and lack of leadership (guess), they decided to join ThePlague's side for the WW race alongside The Black Death.

Happenings: Getting the huge side of La Famiglia to their side ThePlague, although starting late, has caught up to Breaking News and often seems to cross Breaking News in WW ranks. They decided to break the NAP with Breaking News and unfortunately provoked war between two alliances by breaking some treaty conditions. Also colonized nearby Breaking News before WW starts. ThePlague were also anticipated to go for WW alone but now with La Famiglia's hand they have smoothened the ride.

Recently, they seems to be having some inactive problems and thus losing a couple of cities to BN. Their morale is pretty high after catching up and even crossing BN wonders. With La Famiglia on their side they seem to give a pretty good WW race to BN. Although they provoked the WAR but they do not seem to be having a good start in it. Still, rushing pretty fast and having more players means they get a extra boost on acceleration as they progress towards the end of WW.

Current WW Status:
img

3) The Outcasts:
Status: As big as the name seems, they have a player controlling a whole WW with one city and already took it to Lv3 having no pacts at all. They have a crew of 7 players and among them one seems to be just 10 days behind schedule. They have formed a strong core just at Ocean 99 if you look closely. They have a pretty good chance in this era of WW in Dimale.

Happenings: They seem to be quite confident in what they are doing. Colonizing in such ocean and having more than 15 cities nearby has made them indestructible (attack their wonder if you don't believe me) with low morale as well. They have recently recruited one player and others are born in the alliance. So as a pure alliance with no pacts, no rotations, they are doing a great job holding on to their wonder in Dimale.

Recently, their progress is brilliant. In the past they seemed to be fighting La Famiglia, even Breaking News and Balkan Express. With their integrity and stubbornness, they keep on accelerating their WW as they slowly progress to finishing the WW in a couple of months.

Current WW Status:
img

__________________________________________________________________________________________

EXTRA WW FACT:

Breaking News VS ThePlague
Rank 1-4-5-6-10 (298 Players) ------ Rank 2-3-7 (299 Players)​

It is a neck-to-neck fight afterall. Although both alliance coalition have 25% inactives/VM. Still equal. :D

Don't forget to +rep if you like. ;)

DeletedUser

I agree with what you said I don't care for a crown but I don't discourage people from going for one if they want the thing is though when you see someone with a crown now does it really mean anything? They use to be a goal for people to get now they are worthless because any old simmer can get one. The problem for me is that the world wonder stage is so bad. I would be more happy to go for a crown if there was a different end game

Nice overall view though good read :)

FazeWalker

Phrourach
A different End-Game system is all we are waiting for now. I hope the devs are really putting a tiny bit of their time at least on this topic. :supermad: (D)

Thanks for reading. :D

Last edited:

DeletedUser44471

nice topic !

i personally think there is not much point playing the world if you don't go for world wonders (unless you got your crown) as nearly everyone in the world has been preparing for this point.

FazeWalker

Phrourach
Thanks for reading Kyle. :D

As you might have already seen, some people don't like WW but doesn't quit, rather keeps ticking the players who are working hard.
On the other hand, I've also seen people not interested in crown but still helping the alliance and literally they will not take crown (I admire these guys). :pro:

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I like to say I don't care about a crown but if I lasted till WW started on a server you bet I would be trying to get me one. Good write up :)

DeletedUser

BN recently had a visit from one of the TP players tactically and got info on WW leaked. this is what makes the game sad though people resort to doing stuff like sending spies or somthing along them lines and its just boring and pathetic really.

FazeWalker

Phrourach
I like to say I don't care about a crown but if I lasted till WW started on a server you bet I would be trying to get me one. Good write up :)

Wooh got Baudin talking here wow. :D And yeah, some people left the BN side because they have a feeling that WW and Crown is simming. I've tried talking about teamwork, but a team turned around can't be a team anymore. We still have people inside who does not prefer WW, but they are still helping others well enough, proving their existence. Thanks for reading though! :D

BN recently had a visit from one of the TP players tactically and got info on WW leaked. this is what makes the game sad though people resort to doing stuff like sending spies or somthing along them lines and its just boring and pathetic really.

Spies are allowed legally in many strategic games including this, do you know? It is considered a tactic, INTEL collection as they say.
But this visit from TP was the worst one. During rotations, he (the multi-account guy) formed an alliance having a name similar to Red Backs (allied) like "Red Blacks" and asked for invite, to accelerate WW construction. Leader as usual clicked invite, just like others. The guy took note of WW progress maybe and went out. Cheap tricks. :Angry:

This incident leads to another thing. Alliance making system needs to be made complex. Anyone can create an alliance anytime without any cost, this generally leads to Reserving Alliance Name till the end or just getting a name occupied. The alliance creating system needs to be made complex somehow. Even people complete the "JOIN AN ALLIANCE" beginning quest by simply making an alliance. Easy as that. :supermad:

DeletedUser43367

Firstly, crowns. I like them, they're pretty. The downside though is there have been a lot of paper crowns dished out over the years, when an alliance has help from smaller alliances, you can be a player with no skill but still get in to a rotation for a crown. All it now says is you hung around till 7 wonders were completed, it says nothing about your game skills.

In order to get rotated though, not only does the winning alliance have to have all 7 wonders, they also need to have bust an opponents wonder- when you rotate you damage a wonder, refill, rebuild and invite the next round of people for paper crowns. I see a lot of people helping plague, but no way that BN will lose a wonder island, so just wondering how plague will justify the paper crowns?

It looks like it will be a 3/4 split between plague and BN, which means to get the win, plague and BN will have to fight, and fight hard. The stats from both alliances suggests it won't be a walk over, but it won't be a long drawn out battle either.

DeletedUser

Firstly, crowns. I like them, they're pretty. The downside though is there have been a lot of paper crowns dished out over the years, when an alliance has help from smaller alliances, you can be a player with no skill but still get in to a rotation for a crown. All it now says is you hung around till 7 wonders were completed, it says nothing about your game skills.

In order to get rotated though, not only does the winning alliance have to have all 7 wonders, they also need to have bust an opponents wonder- when you rotate you damage a wonder, refill, rebuild and invite the next round of people for paper crowns. I see a lot of people helping plague, but no way that BN will lose a wonder island, so just wondering how plague will justify the paper crowns?

It looks like it will be a 3/4 split between plague and BN, which means to get the win, plague and BN will have to fight, and fight hard. The stats from both alliances suggests it won't be a walk over, but it won't be a long drawn out battle either.

Oh the irony LOL i remember you yourself got a paper crown in Katane by that very same method so have to take your somewhat hypocritical words with a very large pinch of salt.

I think BN will claim the four first , they have enlisted a massive amount of help from Sancti/Red backs/Kamikaze as have TP from La Fam and (Death?) numbers will prevail i think.

FazeWalker

Phrourach
Numbers will prevail I think for the moment. But there was a slight information i had to add as BN in my above post, only top 10 of Sanctimonious has decided to rotate and help, BUT they do not want the crown, they just felt like ThePlague and La Fam all the simmers winning the WW, is not worth it. So they are just participating to make sure TP doesn't win, and the one who truly fought all over these couple of months doesn't lose.

I said these supporting BN because this is truth. And above I mentioned I will stay neutral and based on stats, so a little change is there in the BN vs TP number calculation. BN has not 88 sancti members, but 10 only.

DeletedUser53503

Numbers will prevail I think for the moment. But there was a slight information i had to add as BN in my above post, only top 10 of Sanctimonious has decided to rotate and help, BUT they do not want the crown, they just felt like ThePlague and La Fam all the simmers winning the WW, is not worth it. So they are just participating to make sure TP doesn't win, and the one who truly fought all over these couple of months doesn't lose.

I said these supporting BN because this is truth. And above I mentioned I will stay neutral and based on stats, so a little change is there in the BN vs TP number calculation. BN has not 88 sancti members, but 10 only.

Calling LF simmers is correct since 90% stopped bothering after what happened with BN pact & mod abuse/spies (however no need to go into debate about this). But calling TP simmers is a bit over the top imo just because they have not been in war with a major alliance. I remember in the beginning they were beating Legion with only half the members. Due to their pact with BN & the former Etherea & LF they did not have a major opponent. It's only normal you don't gain as much BP then.

True maybe you can consider is weak from their leadership to pact with all, but they merged with Etherea and if they fight together with BN it's like giving BN a free ticket to win the world.

FazeWalker

Phrourach
Calling LF simmers is correct since 90% stopped bothering after what happened with BN pact & mod abuse/spies (however no need to go into debate about this). But calling TP simmers is a bit over the top imo just because they have not been in war with a major alliance. I remember in the beginning they were beating Legion with only half the members. Due to their pact with BN & the former Etherea & LF they did not have a major opponent. It's only normal you don't gain as much BP then.

True maybe you can consider is weak from their leadership to pact with all, but they merged with Etherea and if they fight together with BN it's like giving BN a free ticket to win the world.

Rim alliances tend to fight rim alliances. But Rim vs Rim and Rim vs Core alliance wars are not same. They provoked a war with BN intentionally, you can check stats what their progress is on the war so far. They might be half-simming lol but you can't disagree that they don't prove worth of a fight to BN, just they are proving to be a good racer in WW race. I still admire some people there, and I hear good stuffs about them from previous worlds.

DeletedUser53503

Well it's no lie BN have the best fighters in their alliance, just thought calling TP simmers is a bit too much. As far as who provoked who, both alliances were breaking the pact while it was still active.

If it's a war in terms of gaining ground/cities BN will probably win, can't argue there but that's not how the world is won.