Dionysia Event Feedback Thread

Red-Haired Shanks

Hipparchus
Made a forum account just to say this is the worst event I have ever seen. The absolute dogs**t that has been put out here motivated me to create an account just to share. Such a waste of everyones time. Also, tell Hydna I love her.

Quit if you dont like it, no one wants you here anyways some of us enjoy this event.

Dr. Dreidel

Peltast
This event feels very tedious and unfun. My suggestion is lower the number of mission to unlock a reward to 1-3 instead of 7. Remove the 5 hr cooldown and make it so we can redo levels to get the tokens we want. You can put a 12 hr cooldown on doing the same lvl again or something and have gold reset that. That would make it more like the sparta vs hades event which is decent.

kolaiko

Phrourach
Terrible event, the worse event ever! Its impossible to fulfill all 3 requirements at a single go so you have to sacrify the speed that means you have to spend hours to get the reward. Not sure what were you thinking, this is a torture and not enjoyable at all. 1/10*, 1* for some of those later stage rewards, if poeple are actually able to get them. This event is exact opposite of what christmas are meant to be.
Thanks for nothing inno.

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
A nice change in the event dynamics. This one favors more activity than gold usage. The critics about rewards make sense and my feedback would also be that the rewards must be adjusted better. A thank you to the creators and programmers is deserved.
No it doesnt favour activity over gold usage, as you progress in rewards the quest requirements will scale much higher than your daily intake of units. You wont be able to reach lvl 40 without spending +50k gold

annette61

Phrourach
Just like with pandora box this event is the same lack of troops to complete levels the higher the level you are getting the same ammount of troops as you would on lower levels. I am at level 20 were you need 360 troops to do a quest but in the mornings when you can collect tropps troops you only get 24 siliens or 4 high priest the game isnt balanced to play.FAIL AGAIN

Clas17

Hipparchus
No it doesnt favour activity over gold usage, as you progress in rewards the quest requirements will scale much higher than your daily intake of units. You wont be able to reach lvl 40 without spending +50k gold
never mind you are right, just getting to higher levels

annette61

Phrourach
When are you going to listen to your veterain players that play the game and have done for years when i started playing this game there was 10000 players in a world now you struggle to 500 per world ask your self why this is.Its because you dont take on the feed back sweep it under the carpet give it 2 years there be no players left

Count Davryll

Lochagos
Just a word …… KISS
(keep it simple stupid)
Works in every form of life, except Grepolis it appears.

This goal to get players to spend more gold will back fire unless you make it worthwhile for many rather than the big spenders.

Here‘s an idea. how about every 6 months (maybe 12 months) making 1 world, where there is NO GOLD. See how many players join?
If it’s a success you could build the next world where it’s 500 gold to join, but still with NO GOLD in it, once the word gets out, you would probably have loads of players flocking back to the game. Just to see if the concept works.

Time to give something back to those that have supported you over a decade.

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
500 gold pr. player on average won't be anywhere near what the average player spends. They have to pay their bills too lol, although i agree this event is pure dogshit and there are better ways to earn money for INNO

Count Davryll

Lochagos
500 gold pr. player on average won't be anywhere near what the average player spends. They have to pay their bills too lol, although i agree this event is pure dogshit and there are better ways to earn money for INNO
I’m actually saying give something back to the loyal players that just want to play Grepolis. 1 game a year where Inno gives something back. I honestly don’t know what Inno gets from an ”average player” but most average players just leave, so nothing from them, but what if you can pique their interest in this concept?
I’m pretty sure though if you had 1500 players paying £5 that would be enough to pay for an online server for a year, players want that chance to play ‘one on one’ rather than ‘one on Mr rich pants’.
Anyway it’s just an idea and Inno have ignored it before, I say they will do so again.

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
I don't disagree with you, but your take on money is a bit naive. 1500 players paying 5 dollars is miles below what they earn on a normal server.

Dr. Dreidel

Peltast
The event is becoming more painful and tedious the longer it goes on and I'm only at lvl 15. The number of missions per level should be changed to 1 (instead of 7). I think that could fix a lot of the issues

gkassimis

Hipparchus
there are good things and bad things with this event. one of the good things is that some of the rewards are great especially the 10,20,30,40 milestones. also i consider very positive the fact that its not disturbing the order of the game like the halloween event where every noob has several flyer nukes making it really hard to take cities. the really bad thing is that requires huge amounts of gold as you reach higher levels. also the fact that someone can be level 20 and finsh n1 in ranking because he goes after the points and another reach level 40 and finish 10th in ranking because he wants to complete missions, doesnt sound logical.

Hellthing

Hoplite
Pros : Less mythical nukes
Made you think for several minutes trying to figure it out (just look at the highlighted text of units and quests for a quick summary)
more variety in rewards
ranking reward is duration of full event
The 10/20/30/40 rewards are powerful

Cons : Near impossible to get full rewards
to obtain a point it takes too much time
the unit amounts needed for quest drain pools too quickly.
all missions seem to favor certain units in collecting i.e higher point missions 90% of the time require honeycombs. While grape collectors are usually in the missions that offer half the points and figs are a rare sight.
No daily rewards makes you feel like you earn next to nothing.
Dionysia festivals was about bringing people together to enjoy theatrical performances among many cities in the area. While the event has nothing to do with this. It doesn't involve teamwork or even a nice little animation of a curtains closing when you complete a quest.
The 1/40 rewards are basically daily rewards you obtain from your log in besides for about 15 of them. while the 10/20/30/40 rewards which can easily aid a golder to keep his power for a good time if he so chooses to go for them. I.e half recruitment time for two weeks in all cities, and bp boost among all cities.

My biggest issue with this event is the timers and the question you have to ask yourself. Do i want to obtain some lightship boosts at the cost of not progressing as far in the 1/40 list. Or do i want to try and rush out the 1/40 list with 100% success's and speed boosts while sacrificing the ranking reward.

As its impossible to obtain 100% success and get the bonus points it really strains the reward system of this. Then the timers on top of it make a big deal too. Even if you use the speed boosts from the quest a time can take from 5 - 10 minutes, multiply that by 7 and you get a reward point every half an hour to an hour. then you wait 5 hours for it to reset and rinse and repeat. Meaning if you commit yourself fully you can get the full 40 rewards within 10 - 12 days provided they pump out enough troops you need. But then the downside of this is you sacrifice the ranking rewards. If you choose to go the other route and collect the special goods you are forced into a 50 - 80% probability chance of getting the ever elusive pine cone. This way eats up more troops and more time as if you want speed the chance of getting the pine cone drops dramatically.

All in allI would not recommend this event again without some tweaking with timers and rewards, even if you just threw in a daily reward ontop of the final rankings reward

bertie1969

Phrourach
i think this event take to long for the odd occasionally decent reward most of the rewards are rubbish theres probally less than 10 rewards that are worth having i stopped playing the event at level 12

Purior

Lochagos
I've prepared 17 processions, and I'm out of Panes, Dryads and High Priests with less than 5 days left of the event. I'll probably be able to prepare one procession per day without spending gold.
The cost for new units is too high. You should be able to buy 500 units for 50 gold. The number of purchasable units could rise, as the unit consumptions grow.
The event itself is not too lame. One actually has to use math for this event. The brain exercise makes this event different from others.
The pop-up boxes, when the cursor moves over the unit descriptions, are too small. It's like reading about Ladons in the barracks - no one really bothers.

Dann1s

Hoplite
I wonder something, because of a limited inventory space I have now saved all my items in the 'Upcoming reward list'. There is a timer now that says how long the event will last.

What will happen with the items in the reward list after the timer of the event times out, will those items vanish or will you still be able to open and use them somehow?