Discontinuation of phone app

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I don't have a date yet for when the iOS version of the hybrid app will be released but I do not believe the iOS version of the classic app will go away before the hybrid version is released.

jack9r9

Hipparchus
I don't have a date yet for when the iOS version of the hybrid app will be released but I do not believe the iOS version of the classic app will go away before the hybrid version is released.
Could we possibly get better confirmation than this? It puts iOS users at a huge disadvantage if we don't have a mobile app...

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
I’ve only come back after a few years away. I use the app on my IOS…

There’s going to be a “Hybrid” app? What does this mean exactly?

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
Could we possibly get better confirmation than this? It puts iOS users at a huge disadvantage if we don't have a mobile app...
The lack of communication, or rather the amount of pseudo communication is getting worse and worse. Tbh i don't think INNO knows as they probably dont really care :)

jack9r9

Hipparchus
@Baudin Toolan you going to update us or let everyone who doesnt have android quit the game? doesn't seem like a smart choice by inno if they want to maintain income.

jack9r9

Hipparchus
I’ve only come back after a few years away. I use the app on my IOS…

There’s going to be a “Hybrid” app? What does this mean exactly?
Pretty much means no iOS app until inno pays apple $90 for the license which they apparently are unwilling to do. Leaving iOS users without an app is pretty much suicide for the game, but i doubt inno even is aware of that

Hydna

Grepolis Team
We are working on the iOS version being available on all markets this month. We are releasing slowly market per market. For now it is NL, PL, FR, IT and BE.

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
We are working on the iOS version being available on all markets this month. We are releasing slowly market per market. For now it is NL, PL, FR, IT and BE.
Whats the reasoning behind closing the old app? A lot of people use the old app as their main way of playing, and barely anyone is using the new app because it is awful

who's taking these decisions? Ur just trying to destroy the game ASAP or ?...

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Whats the reasoning behind closing the old app? A lot of people use the old app as their main way of playing, and barely anyone is using the new app because it is awful

who's taking these decisions? Ur just trying to destroy the game ASAP or ?...
The old app was produced 12 years ago. Compatibility with current technology is making it difficult to add new features and keep uptodate with current software. Rather than continue with a poorer offering than the browser and the many bugs that constantly appear we wrote a complete new app. We are listening to the feedback from players and we have much more flexibility to improve the new one.

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
The old app was produced 12 years ago. Compatibility with current technology is making it difficult to add new features and keep uptodate with current software. Rather than continue with a poorer offering than the browser and the many bugs that constantly appear we wrote a complete new app. We are listening to the feedback from players and we have much more flexibility to improve the new one.
But you haven't made a new app. Your app is at best a disappointment and just a straight up web-version conversion to the appstore.

You didn't even bother making it phone/tablet friendly, you couldve just made an app that redirected you to the browser version. The utility and handiness of the "new app" is so bad that you are going to lose quite a few players who are app-based

Also the fact that the old app is 12 years old but the thing you put out in 2022 is twice as bad... Just tell us you don't spend energy and money on this game anymore, it's fine

HyKe

Hipparchus
But you haven't made a new app. Your app is at best a disappointment and just a straight up web-version conversion to the appstore.

You didn't even bother making it phone/tablet friendly, you couldve just made an app that redirected you to the browser version. The utility and handiness of the "new app" is so bad that you are going to lose quite a few players who are app-based

Also the fact that the old app is 12 years old but the thing you put out in 2022 is twice as bad... Just tell us you don't spend energy and money on this game anymore, it's fine
+1

AdrenalaNN

Lochagos

+1

The new hybrid app is utterly unusable and a complete joke.
Inno bringing this in two days after my current server goes into the WW phase is another kick in the balls from a company that simply does not care about its player base.

I'm done with this game from this point onwards. One other player in my alliance has gotten a major gold purchase refunded due to the app announcement shortly after they purchased it.

Others should do the same. Inno have made this decision in bad faith and should refund any players in a similar situation that have purchased gold with the intent to play after the switchover date, if requested.

Who wrote it, Saint Dunstan's School for the Blind?

Marshs

Phrourach
I have lost the attack warning on my phone. Nothing is reported. Any idea how I can get the warnings back on phone?

Hydna

Grepolis Team
I have lost the attack warning on my phone. Nothing is reported. Any idea how I can get the warnings back on phone?
Please uninstall and then reinstall the app. Then login on the app to your world. If this does not work please send a ticket to support.