Discussion Re: Moderation and Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

yeah but if we sacrifice you, we get on the good side of the mod gods, and then get a good ole fashion fried chicken (like) cook out afterwards ;)

well.... okay.... but they BETTER have home made mashed potato salad at this good ole fashion fried chicken cookout... or else I'll be dead... AND pissed.

:Angry:

DeletedUser

I want someone to explain to me WHY] we cannot discuss banning in general and the fact that the games mods have noone to answer to.

Moderators answer to Senior Moderators. Senior Moderators answer to the Community Managers. Community Managers answer to Product Managers. Product Managers answer to the Owners of the company. If a community rule is violated, the buck stops at the Community Manager level, so you can stop right there thinking you can complain, and/or appeal, on and forever up the ladder of authority.

This game may be owned by inno games but it belongs to the people who play it. NOT the mods who as far as I am concerned should not have an active account in any world.
Okay Dag, here's where you're deluding yourself. It doesn't belong to the people who play it, it belongs to Innogames. It is privately owned, lock, stock, n barrel.

As to the moderators, they are PLAYERS first, VOLUNTEER moderators second. You're thinking that people who step up to do more for this community they love, and the game they play, should abandon it all to VOLUNTEER?!?

Seriously, get over your incredibly inflated entitlement issues. And no, with this dialogue I'm not anticipating you're going to much listen to me. I think you're so far off base that a crowbar between your legs won't extricate your head from the nether regions in which it is so firmly embedded.

If the mods went out of control, who would stop them? There needs to be a sort of Council or something that watch over the mods, otherwise they could rule without fear of repercussions.
Oh come off it MyKing. The players are players, that's it, nothing else. They're not volunteers, not staff members participating in the administration of accounts, enforcement of rules, or provision of technical assistance. They don't know even one iota of what is going on, nor are they entitled to that information. Each and every violation is handled based on its merits.

See, the problem here, MyKing, Dag, all the other haters, you DON'T know why someone may have been banned. All you hear about is what they may decide to tell you, but that's the thing... because the Moderators and CM are NOT ALLOWED to disclose the reasons for why someone was banned, these banned players can AND INVARIABLY DO make crap up.

It's this sort of stuff you just don't realize, and it's this sort of stuff you need to quell your horses about, because rioting, screaming, yelling, and filling the inboxes of the support system doesn't address the problem, it merely busies up the staff so they can't do what is necessary to ensure you aren't hampered by problems.

So stop being so dang naive. Yes, you're not a volunteer. Yes, you're not stepping up to help this community. No, this isn't your game. No, you aren't entitled to anything more than playing the game. No, you don't own stock in the company and therefore you don't have a say in how they run their business. No, you aren't privy to the details of bans. Yes, those who are banned are going to lie to you to cover up their own personal shame for being such dumbasses. No, you're not helping the community by encouraging a riot. No, you will not be allowed to riot. No, you will not receive a good Samaritan badge for running to the rescue of someone who violated the rules and was punished. And NO, you cannot have my children.

Now stop being drama queens and enjoy the game. Omg, seriously. Perspective people, perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8303

well.... okay.... but they BETTER have home made mashed potato salad at this good ole fashion fried chicken cookout... or else I'll be dead... AND pissed.

:Angry:

I make a mean potato salad.

But, thanks to the mods for doing a rubbish job that recieves no thanks.
If your break the rules you get punished, bottom line.
It sounds a bit like when DEATH comes knocking you'd like a higher authority to complain to?
You messed up, deal with it.

DeletedUser

Being a mod is a thankless, time consuming job that has to be done by someone. Mods are human. With anything dealing with human judgment mistakes will be made. There is a process in place to deal with any mistake a player may feel has occurred. What more do you people want?

-Besides, could be worse. They could make Rooster Jones a mod... :eek:

DeletedUser1405

I nominate Rooster as Mod for Beta.

I agree wholeheartedly. This thread shoud have been locked 5 pages ago, please Mr MOD person put the large padlock on it.

DeletedUser6029

That is it...someone deleted my post!!!! I am fired up, and I want my own thread to complain now!!! So what if it was totally off topic???

Just kidding ;) I just couldn't seem to contain myself!! I will not comment anymore so this thread can die a slow (or fast) drop to the bottom...promise.

DeletedUser

ok so it appears the conclusions is that the mods are not to blame, and yes they do have a hard job, fact is though, if players are stil unhappy about the system then either they are uninformed or something needs to be done about the system
either way something needs to be done, because while i mainly agree with Hellstromm on his points above i think that the game does belong to the players in its way, not in the legal sense no, but this game would be nothing without the players, and the players arent going to play if theyre unhappy.
yes it is only a game, but if people are unhappy theyre not going to play, and the point of playing a game is to make you happy isnt it?

DeletedUser

Well im going to be the first to actually thanks the mods for the job they do, it is a thankless task with little rewards, and dont bother moaning about the pay they get.

Oh, They Moan alright. Once we fed a Troll their Cookies... Wasn't Pretty.

DeletedUser

Being a mod is a thankless, time consuming job that has to be done by someone. Mods are human. With anything dealing with human judgment mistakes will be made. There is a process in place to deal with any mistake a player may feel has occurred. What more do you people want?

-Besides, could be worse. They could make Rooster Jones a mod... :eek:

You obviously don't know much about mods. I believe they are payed something like 2000+ Gold a month? That was the lowest amount I could find.

How do you think Iceman is at the top? His BP sucks, he just has Olympic Games running all the time.

DeletedUser

You obviously don't know much about mods. I believe they are payed something like 2000+ Gold a month? That was the lowest amount I could find.

How do you think Iceman is at the top? His BP sucks, he just has Olympic Games running all the time.

Nice to see you stay uptodate with the Mod Team :D

DeletedUser

haha iv just been reading the mass exodus on grepolis, i must say is very enlightening to see players and mods actually full on arguing XD

DeletedUser

Oh god, we are 52 posts too far into a thread which should never have been made. Mods aren't power hungry evil villains.

DeletedUser

were not saying htey are, were just saying players are unhappy because

1. they are mis-informed
2. they feel something is wrong with the game
3. they feel they cant trust the mods

now admittedly, nothing can be done really about the last one, distrust of authority and its privilages blah blah etc etc, but, i think that something should be done to inform people about the mods etc because the feedback coming through from the majority of people atm is negative and largely corrupted by prejudice
communism anyone? XD haha

DeletedUser

haha iv just been reading the mass exodus on grepolis, i must say is very enlightening to see players and mods actually full on arguing XD

:supermad:

Nahh. We want peace and harmony.

We...we just don't like all this hate :Angry:

We are players just like you. Believe it or not. We were even at one point in time, REGULAR PLAYERS! :eek: Hard to believe, I know. We volunteered to give something back to this game and help keep it up and running.

The last thing we want is players hating on us for trying to help :(

DeletedUser

I remember that even when Grepolis began.... Gibbowo was in an MRA...dun dun dun.

DeletedUser

i think that the game does belong to the players in its way, not in the legal sense no, but this game would be nothing without the players, and the players arent going to play if theyre unhappy.
yes it is only a game, but if people are unhappy theyre not going to play, and the point of playing a game is to make you happy isnt it?
You're not going to like to hear this, but the forum community consists of about 3% to 5% of the active playerbase, so it's not really a good measure to assume the playerbase is unhappy due to a few vocal forum members.

It's also important to realize that those who may be unhappy, are more often than not the ones who have violated a rule at one point or another, hold issue to having undergone the humiliating process of having to provide assurances they won't violate the rules again, and are quick to take arms in defense of others who were likewise outed for violating the game/community rules.

And for those unhappy folks who never violated a rule, well then wake up and realize you're being suckered into rioting for an unjust cause. Or do you really want cheaters, trolls and trouble makers in the game & forums?

Oh moderating isn't thankless, but it is work, and it does come with a helluva lot of abuse. And let's be honest, MyKing, if it was just free gold, I'm sure you would have quickly signed up to be a moderator. But free gold is a paltry compensation for the amount of work and abuse these moderators, and especially the CMs, have to endure. So let's not try to belittle their efforts, because I know you know the truth of it all.

DeletedUser4013

Ok all, I believe it is time for this thread to die a peaceful death and that we should all take Hellstrom's words to heart as he is wise and knowing. Plus arguing with him is near to impossible. :)

I personally appreciate all the comments that have been put forward by the players and I hope that we as a community can move on from here and make these Forums a better and more enjoyable place to meet and discuss Grepolis.

Status
Not open for further replies.