Top 12 Discussion thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser19042
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Giving one last try to revive the dead forums:
Cannot really comment on all the top 12 so i prefered going for my own ocean : 56

1- New Era: Got some good players.. Till now they stand strong since this world was established. Should see what they might do with Unwritten Symphony pushing their limits on the North. Personally i think they will merge with someone else.

2- Athenian Empire: My old alliance, a decent leader maybe too kind hearted. Their pacts will not get them anywhere. This is grepolis and unless they move into more agressive fighting im afraid big sharks will eat them.

3- Unwritten Symphony: Moved into 56 this week, recruited some good players there. The next weeks will show how fast they move up the food chain in that ocean.

4- TW-Shadow: Besides looking at their profile and their threats in the profile havent seen them in action. When will people understand that taking the name and one or two members of a previous winning alliance wont help them.

5- Perfect storm 57: A huge fat joke. (refer to thread Perfect storm).

6- New Era Academy: Same as New Era. Word on the street says that New Era are eating up members of their own academy, conquering their cities. (can be proved)

7- United Sparta Empire: Too boring

8- Sword and tankard: Academy for AE. (no comment)

9- entrada: Miss the action those guys gave in the ocean. Pendel who was their top monster went on vacation and the alliance just died. Hoping pendell will be back soon.

10- Bonkers: who the hell are those guys :p

11- Devils whatever: no clue

12 - Perfect storm 66: someone please tell them to disband ;)

Hope this is not boring

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well, I'm ashamed to say that D.I now has an academy :supermad:

I tried to convince them not to, but some players were just to stubborn, and stuck by their idea that bigger=better

DeletedUser

quantity has its own quality. Although yes you are right just getting a load of simmers and inactives won't help the alliance.

DeletedUser

yes well i guess it is everyone style. personally I never see numbers as to terrible thing although eventually it gets to the point where it is out of hand.

DeletedUser

.As long as you can keep the Academy, alliance from turning into an Academy but rather a staunch ally and on strict military building then it is feasible to maintain two alliances of the same roo

DeletedUser

.As long as you can keep the Academy, alliance from turning into an Academy but rather a staunch ally and on strict military building then it is feasible to maintain two alliances of the same roo

everyone that ever had an idea of an academy had this thought mate ;) this is the first reason why academies fail you start taking on players thinking your fueling the war machine when only your bring on dead weight and food for others. just my opinion on this

DeletedUser

I understand, I believe in order to avoid the Academy you need to recruit as you would with your own alliance; keeping the same req's. It's all about keeping that active player base and as you said not picking up dead weight. I remember back on Pi when my alliance The Dominion reached our cap and had been on it for a few months we kept getting request, we sent 3 leaders to make an alliance The Dominion II (very MRA sounding) however we kept in strict touch via skype and kept the military building req's etc and they eventually rose to number 15# on the world, while as we stayed #6. Home recruiting takes effect as well, you can't recruit everyone whom wants in I mean many of those 4000 point cities are juicy pickings; really try and find people and evaluate them. 1. Are they fighting 2. are they growing 3. Do they message and reply in good timing. I found asking those three questions when evaluating helped allot and avoided turning something turning into Real Madrid of the sort. However in order to do all this you really need to realize that Grepolis is about to turn into a half job something you need to spend 3-4 hours on after your 12 hour work shifts you know. That would be my two cents.

DeletedUser

numbers although can be a probelm can also be useful. simple fact is when your outnumbered 3 to 1 it can be annoying although you are right you can't just have an acdamey of deadweight.

geoffb29

Phrourach
It will be interesting to say the least and should be fun but I think it is too early to predict any outcome.

DeletedUser

the misfits and academies as well as silent assassins are now officially at war with 9th circle of hell and its brother alliances.
I bet a +rep that 9th circle will win.

DeletedUser20415

Are we the only alliance in this world that is respect the alliance cap ??

I see sister/academy alliance popping up left and right

DeletedUser20415

Idk about doctor in the house, but DI and LF do have sister/academy alliance

geoffb29

Phrourach
I think the Admiral is referring to the fact that we have had to set up the 7th Circle of Hell, led by me. When Bretster9000 invited me to join him as a founder of the 9th we did not envisage that we would progress in such a manner. The formation of Dante's 9th was caused by Theridi0n's appalling sense of direction, he should have joined us in our core area but took a wrong turning and ended up in O66, therefore to all intents and purposes they are a separate entity although still within the group.

Then can any us of say that we foresaw the attrition rate among some of the major alliances at this relatively early stage of the world? So you end up with many good players looking for a home so we found ourselves starting the 8th which is now at it's limit, hence the formation of the 7th. I would envisage that we remain relatively small only absorbing the occasional new player. And, far from being an MRA we apply very strict standards of activity, 2 days yellow and you're gone along with your cities. Similarly anyone who thinks they can sim with us gets a very rude awakening.

So to put it rather crude terms for which I apologise in advance we'd rather have these players inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in sometime in the future.

And it's nice to see you again Admiral, the last time we spoke was in Corinth when I was in The Sindicate.