[Discussion] - Why didn't the CS die?

DeletedUser634

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but can someone please explain why I didn't kill the CS here???

csweird.png

DeletedUser

The CS is a defending ship and has no offense. That means your briemes didn't kill it. The transport, however dies so he lost the conquer

DeletedUser634

The CS is a defending ship and has no offense. That means your briemes didn't kill it. The transport, however dies so he lost the conquer

That's a load of rubbish, I've killed CS's with Biremes before...

heres my wall which clearly shows I've killed 10 CS's whilst defending beforehand, why didn't this one die?
wall30092010.png

(Another minor bug is that the pictures arn't big enough and you can't see the 1st "1" of the 132926slingers very well)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

yeah because it was fire ships sent and they didn't take part in the fight, he couldn't lose his naval forces and therefore he couldn't lose his Cs

DeletedUser634

Heres an example of a CS dieing, yet the only difference in this one is he sent LS's, surely just because he didn't send any fighting ships means he can't lose the CS? Otherwise you should never bother sending LS(Only FS) in a CS wave and only in clearing waves... and your CS is always safe which seems silly to me???
csdeath.png

DeletedUser

Heres an example of a CS dieing, yet the only difference in this one is he sent LS's, surely just because he didn't send any fighting ships means he can't lose the CS? Otherwise you should never bother sending LS(Only FS) in a CS wave and only in clearing waves... and your CS is always safe which seems silly to me???
csdeath.png

It clearly shows he has LS witht he attack which are offense ships. Both fire ships and CS are only for defense and as they didn't attack they didn't die

DeletedUser634

It clearly shows he has LS witht he attack which are offense ships. Both fire ships and CS are only for defense and as they didn't attack they didn't die

Yes thats what I said in my post, so in future if I only send FireShips with my ColonyShips my CS will never die? correct?

DeletedUser

Yes thats what I said in my post, so in future if I only send FireShips with my ColonyShips my CS will never die? correct?

Yes, but the conquer would fail if the opposing player had any ships

DeletedUser

The interesting question is, if you hadn't succeeded in defeating him, would the CS have landed or would it have turned around and come home... was the attack doomed from the beginning because he had no offensive ships to begin with?

DeletedUser

The interesting question is, if you hadn't succeeded in defeating him, would the CS have landed or would it have turned around and come home... was the attack doomed from the beginning because he had no offensive ships to begin with?

Because TicTac had some ships they destroyed the transport and killed all the troops essentialy sending the remaining fleet home

DeletedUser

so you send a clearing attack before it hits. if the guy got support after the clearing attack and before the CS hit with FS you don't loose it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser634

so you send a clearing attack before it hits. if the guy got support after the clearing attack and before the CS hit with FS you don't loose it?

correct, you don't lose the CS but the Colonsation fails (and if the attacker has sent additional ships (LS or Trims or Biremes) that couldn't easily clear 80 biremes he would of lost the CS)... so by sending less he has a higher chance of survival... seems a silly piece of game play to me but now I know of it I'll use it to my advantage...

DeletedUser

I must agree with TicTac here, it's a silly piece of gamedesign. When you send ships into a battle, and they all take part in that seabattle in one way or another, they should all suffer the consequences of the outcome of this battle. In real life, you wouldn't allow some select ships, especially those who try and take over your country, return back home...

Maybe someone wants to use this thread to create a topic in the ideas section of this forum?

DeletedUser

There certainly is a problem with that report. You cannot send fireships to attack. It has been this way for at least six months.

DeletedUser1405

Im sat here wondering the same thing, you can support and defend with FS but not attack so its either someone been playing with the reports or it needs a ticket sending in, either way we all need to know as it looks like a glich that can be used to people s advantage.
And tic tac them walls are the numbers genuine, and yes i know you from Beta.

DeletedUser

actually you are wrong Priscilla. Only in conquests can you send fire ships with the colony ship. I have conquered people with only using my fireships and my cs. he didnt lose the cs because he didnt have offensive ships. when you conquest a town and take siege you are technically supporting the town so it acts like your attempt is a mere support.

14w7y1.png

yes i conquered that town. try sending them out without the cs as an attack you wont be able to do it but only with a conquest attack.

DeletedUser

Maybe the mods need a small lesson in game-rules - except for me of course :p

P.S.
Can't wait to get my smack on the head for this once I turn my mod-skype back on - this should be fun ;-)