Top 12 Displays of good sportsmanship

dianices

Phrourach
Who would you say has consistently played fair, exercised good conduct, and even brought some class to the game since alpha?.......that are currently in Istros ;)

can you give any examples of how they expressed it?

Last edited:

DeletedUser31852

oooooh! love the idea, cant say I know many ppl in this world to be honest though

DeletedUser42407

My man Darrkness, hands down the best leader I have had in this game, he is on 24/7 willing to answer any questions, he helps out everyone in the alliance with their conquests and most importantly he is a genuinely nice guy :)

DeletedUser14279

PG displays sportsmanship to me. I’ve never seen that guy trash talk. Stand up guy.

dianices

Phrourach
does anyone have examples of how a player has impressed a whole server by their actions and interactions? it is one of MY credos, that making better gamers, makes better games. so, are there players, who not only carried a positive attitude towards everyone they played with, but spread their good sportsmanship to almost everybody?

i see a lot of good sports mentioned, but not a lot about how they show it.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
@dianices, i don't have names for you but i have actions
the problem is they are from long ago, back in 2nd and 3rd gen servers
i used to see pms/ mms from my side and the enemy to each other, from leader to leader or leader to player, congratulating them on great ops, great fights, interesting moves, great timings, wonderful teamwork etc.
there would be alliance forum posts saying, see how well the enemy did such and such; we need more of that
there was fighting but respect because an enemy on one server was a mate on the next

DeletedUser14279

^ this guy is spot on. In the old old worlds, we used to send the enemy resources after an op. If we took a city, whoever took it usually sent about 5k of each res. Not a lot, but a sign of respect.

DeletedUser36697

The players thinking/mentality wrt the game has changed. Way to many folks Take it way to serious. The increasing use of Gold has turned the use of Great Tactics, Timing and Teamwork to achieve an objective into "How much will this cost to repair/replace" from the recipient and the Sobs Golded their way back INTO PLAY RIGHT AWAY" from the attackers.

I recently had a Ghost receive tons of attacks, at one point I had 191 incoming ,they just kept adding attacks.
Turned into an Alliance sized battle, which was one of the better I have had in Hyper..

Tons of BPs for all .. I sent them a Congrats letter, Alliance wide, mentioning specific players and giving them a BZ (its a Good Thang)

..only threw slight shade at their leader.. Wishing him a speedy rebuild ;{)

2 players replied one told me to get "stuffed" and the other appreciated the recognition..neither reply was their Leader

There was a time when old opponents became some of the best alliance mates now folks seem to forget this is a game and not a portion of their junk

The players thinking/mentality wrt the game has changed. Way to many folks Take it way to serious. The increasing use of Gold has turned the use of Great Tactics, Timing and Teamwork to achieve an objective into "How much will this cost to repair/replace" from the recipient and the Sobs Golded their way back INTO PLAY RIGHT AWAY" from the attackers.

I recently had a Ghost receive tons of attacks, at one point I had 191 incoming ,they just kept adding attacks.
Turned into an Alliance sized battle, which was one of the better I have had in Hyper..

Tons of BPs for all .. I sent them a Congrats letter, Alliance wide, mentioning specific players and giving them a BZ (its a Good Thang)

..only threw slight shade at their leader.. Wishing him a speedy rebuild ;{)

2 players replied one told me to get "stuffed" and the other appreciated the recognition..neither reply was their Leader

There was a time when old opponents became some of the best alliance mates now folks seem to forget this is a game and not a portion of their junk
It's normal these days in grepo to betray people , hugging and doing stuff behind someones back etc.
Thats why you only make grudges that you will remember till the next server.

dianices

Phrourach
i guess that makes me abnormal, lulz

i've been "swerved" a few times, and didn't hold onto it.

i didn't see any point in putting energy into being petty.

we all got our thing ^^