Divine envoy : what can i use them for? :/

DeletedUser27727

I never pay attention to these yellow dude in my other worlds since i though they were for 1-city players but now i started Myon and still can't find what they use for?

Though? suggestion? hint? Useless/ Useful?

Thanks, :D

Ps: Not sure if im allowed to post things like these in the forum? first post, never use grepo forum until now

DeletedUser27793

They r useful in the start of the game
like clearing farms as u wont have enough troops at that time

DeletedUser

They are useful for getting BP as they seem to spring up in little clusters all over the place as lots of people seeom to be building them.
Then you just weed whank them and collect your BP tax

DeletedUser

They are useful for getting BP as they seem to spring up in little clusters all over the place as lots of people seeom to be building them.
Then you just weed whank them and collect your BP tax

That's an interesting way of saying it...I use them for trip wires usually but other than that I usually don't make them..

DeletedUser27727

They r useful in the start of the game
like clearing farms as u wont have enough troops at that time

Interesting i never though of this use! Thanks ,hah, maybe thats the only reason they are there lol so u can quickly get enough pops for those villages.

Beside that they are pretty useless in everything lol - too weak for a horse, to hell with it, even swords is nearly as strong as them in offense and a slings can def better :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser345

I just use them for bp target practice loads of people seem to build them thinking they're good and there just the same as swordsmen but provide as much bp as a horse.

DeletedUser30490

Seriously people are making over 50 even when really they got no use really.
and like shadis said even i use them for trips

DeletedUser27793

I use them only for farming villages they r cheap and u get free favor in the start too

DeletedUser

they are useful in telling how noobish your enemies are - the more envoys yous find in their cities, the bigger noobs they are ;)

DeletedUser

They are the worst unit in the game with an attack ratio of 11.6 worse than chariot and defense 6.6

DeletedUser

I lost you at ratio...

Anyways I like them for trips because their unique haha nothing else. They also make good backups in case your under heavy attack, or maybe being farmed and lacking resources to make a good army, or perhaps even to get rid of some favor. A little extra muscle never hurt in hard times.

DeletedUser25038

as far as i can see theres almost no point in using them.
as defenders not as good as 1sw,1arc, 1 hop combined
as attackers dont even go there
purely pointless

DeletedUser

They're pretty good for defense early to mid-game. They can also be pretty good at attacking the farming villages and getting your population filled for attacking farms.

DeletedUser

They're pretty good for defense early to mid-game.
they are only marginally better on defence than slings... in fact slings defend better than envoys against sharp and blunt attack, it's only distance that envoys are better. furthermore, an archer nuke will kill a sling nuke of the same population :D so yeah, they're horrible defenders

They can also be pretty good at attacking the farming villages
they are worse in attack than any normal attacking unit. granted, they are better in attack than they are on defence, because they attack better than most defensive units. i guess you couldn't be made too much fun of for building a SMALL handful of them to get some extra population in attacking the 6th FV (the archer one), but you might still be laughed at just a bit :p