Do alliances need an Academy this Early?

DeletedUser

Title says it all. If you would, please give both sides of the stories! Pros and Cons. Thanks! :p

DeletedUser

I don't think so... It's only about a week, give or take a few days, into the world...

DeletedUser

depends if it's an mra definitely yeah but if the alliance is not, no unless they use their academy as farm.

DeletedUser13936

nope you don't need them at this time

in fact i recommend never having an academy alliance

DeletedUser

Academies can be useful if led right and if it is created for the right purpose, which is filtering all noobs out.
But as stated before. They are very useless in this stage.

DeletedUser

They're very useless when you've got an alliance cap of 150, as well. With an 80-member cap, it's somewhat understandable, but when you've already got an alliance of 150, an academy is purely a loss of targets for your big members, with no measurable gain in power.

DeletedUser

Academy's suck as much as pacts...

Id also say not needed at all.

DeletedUser

Academies can be useful if led right and if it is created for the right purpose, which is filtering all noobs out.
But as stated before. They are very useless in this stage.

but y if u can filter out the noobs, let them grow and then take their cities?

DeletedUser

They're very useless when you've got an alliance cap of 150, as well. With an 80-member cap, it's somewhat understandable, but when you've already got an alliance of 150, an academy is purely a loss of targets for your big members, with no measurable gain in power.

you fail to see the right use of an academy. You see it as an expansion of the member cap which a good academy is NOT.
Academies should be used to MRA around( not randomly inviting, but invite some people with quite much bp and cities and then see their playing attitude on the forums etc.), filter out all noobs, train some player with potential and then let same go to the main alliance. This is what i'm doing on the Dutch alpha. You should be very harsh and don't give and chances, as only the best can go to the main alliance. If you don't improve fast enough i'll kick you. That is the right use of an alliance.

but y if u can filter out the noobs, let them grow and then take their cities?

you kick the noobs, obviously, and conquer them once their cities are conquerable

DeletedUser

you fail to see the right use of an academy. You see it as an expansion of the member cap which a good academy is NOT.

I apologize; I've never actually used an academy alliance before, and that's always been what I assumed they were useful for. To store all the little weenies until they were either big enough to join up with the top dogs, or until they were no longer worth keeping under the main alliance's wing due to expansion, in which case they'd be overrun.

DeletedUser

Nonetheless, most academies end up as such--an extension of the member cap.

DeletedUser

Nonetheless, most academies end up as such--an extension of the member cap.

hence i said good academy :p
Most 'academies' end up as brother/sister alliances. But I was only stating than a well-led academy can be very useful in later stages of the game :D