Do you think this world will survive

DeletedUser

Now that the world Pella has been announced with better settings than this do you think this world will fall into complete boredom? Or are there enough differences to keep people here?

DeletedUser28686

I think so, all worlds have their good and bad reasons to stay or leave. why don't people play both?

DeletedUser

Has any world actually truly died before reaching the world wonders phase? I'm curious as I can't name one of the 1.0 worlds that endured that fate, although some seemed like they may have gotten close. I don't foresee this world 'dying' as bad as other worlds I've been apart of, namely Iota and Lambda which were many times more inactive in the externals and ghosted in-game than this could become. Even with much of the leadership leaving, Iota made its way with one of the lowest player counts into WW phase. And trust me, the 500-player count there is misleading... my old account is cracking the overall top 100 despite losing cities and not being played for months.

Every world after Marathon will have 'better' settings based on what players historically have requested vs. what Grepolis can provide to remain profitable. And from a bottom-line standpoint, as long as Tbrew is pumping in hundreds, Marathon is financially sustainable. I like that dude! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It also appears players like TBREW will dominate that world because of the huge bankroll they spend without there being morale involved. Or am I just being overly cautious?

DeletedUser

It also appears players like TBREW will dominate that world because of the huge bankroll they spend without there being morale involved. Or am I just being overly cautious?

I've been in world Psi (no morale) when Age of Enlightenment completely dominated the player rankings (more than Tbrew), then after a few months, RL intervened and he had to turn over his account to someone who decided to ghost the account like a ____. The largest player in Theta 8 months ago is now #12. The top five in Iota now were not even competitive with Marshal Tito, Timothy Dewey, eliasasghari, old grandad, and many other #1 players in the past.

In other words, player rankings are not an equation of the world settings. S___ happens.

DeletedUser

i think alot of players joined this world for the sake of it though - without realising how slow it really is. in that respect I believe Pella will be more active - simply because players seem to like the faster worlds.

DeletedUser

I spend a ton of gold my self it does not help you get resources I have level 22 timber and only 230 production per hour with a merchant. and I farm almost everyone on my island. I messaged this person about how he can grow so fast and he never got back to me. this seems a little suspicious

DeletedUser

true Kanga!
I kind of like this world in a weird way. It isnt as stressful :D