Does this normally happen in grepolis?

DeletedUser

I'm pretty much a new player to grepolis, but I have had experience in games like this before.

I was the alliance leader/founder of WAAAGH in evony awhile back and understand alliance politics, etc, etc.

However from my experience in evony, there is usually literally a dozen or more competing alliances/families all aiming to be number one, and generally the competition is fierce with many wars going on at once. This phase lasts probably 6 months to 1 year. After that, the server will usually split between 2 gigantic sides (top alliance and its allies against everyone else) and a huge server war will break out between the 2 sides, and it can easily go both ways and drag on forever.

However after observing this server for past couple months, it seems like whoever controls the center in grepolis will become the dominant force. As of right now, it would be Legion.

Also based just analysis of attacker/defender numbers from grepolis stats (which is awesome! love it!) the only major wars going on in the top 10 is Legion vs Kotor and HIVE vs Black Fleet.

Also based on general proximity of cities of alliances and the very insignificant amounts of attack/defender points, I come to think that most top ten alliances hold cordial relations with each other.

So the question is, is grepolis only exciting in the first month when people compete for the core, and then quickly become a sim city game with everyone friends with each other or am I wrong?

I mean how does this game stay interesting without rival alliances competing for top spot?

Basically I'm trying to figure out the metagame here for grepolis.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

When a world opens it is most likely the most exciting part, as you said, because everyone is competing for the core.

But every now and then the top alliances would go at it(Legion vs. Kotor -n- Hive vs. BF). That is mainly the most interesting part, exspecaily when you are part of in. :)

DeletedUser

true, but Legion holds number 1 spot by a HUGE margin.

If this was to be evony(Age 1), they would be ganged up by all the other alliances so fast(due to their huge margin) that they would have to fight the whole server lol.

However, it seems instead in grepolis all the other alliances try to make friends with number 1 spot or are cordial.

It just seems kind of weird in a war game... usually people care about rankings a lot more.

DeletedUser

some times alliances are disbanded with out warning and theres a power vaccum
then some people start wars then change sides or get into a different alliance all together which pulls them into the war I would not be surprised if 1 of the top 12 bit off more then they could chew with an elite alliance in the top 20s

Aicy

Strategos
Depends on the world and alliance you're in.

Some worlds, such as Delta, Eta and Iota have one big leader from the start and it ends up dying pretty damn quickly. The rest are... Fun.

What you're saying is not true and most of the time you're always seeing action.

DeletedUser

true, but Legion holds number 1 spot by a HUGE margin.

If this was to be evony(Age 1), they would be ganged up by all the other alliances so fast(due to their huge margin) that they would have to fight the whole server lol.

However, it seems instead in grepolis all the other alliances try to make friends with number 1 spot or are cordial.

It just seems kind of weird in a war game... usually people care about rankings a lot more.

It happened kinda like this in Gamma.
SM & GH vs. Server.
What, like 90 players vs. 1600?
Only one that really held together and put up a fight was Force Recon, if I remember correctly...

DeletedUser

These lil Iota wars are nothing compared to beta. We have server wide:

UAE + AoA +KoW (And all allies) Against Phenomen and it's allies.

Then the active players from UAE, AoA and KoW all merge together to make one super alliance, SYNERGY.

So atm Phenomen is battling it out with SYNERGY in the core (My location)

Yes very exciting stuff :p

Btw, :pro:

DeletedUser

War in grepolis follow cyclical nature. In gamma initially GH and SM were biggest alliance and no one was fighting with them. But right now we are having all out war. We have two coalition of alliances fighting each other (similar to beta) plus many other top 12 alliances are also fighting with other top 12 alliance. Since last 2 month, gamma is full of activity (as you can see by posts and views on gamma forum).

Yogesh

DeletedUser

Sometimes... when I get really bored with Grepolis... I look for connections where none have been found before...

For instance, the longest jump ever recorded by a kangaroo is 47.4 feet.

The natural horizontal resonant frequency of human DNA? 47.4

Coincidence? YOU tell me.

DeletedUser

It happened kinda like this in Gamma.
SM & GH vs. Server.
What, like 90 players vs. 1600?
Only one that really held together and put up a fight was Force Recon, if I remember correctly...

The problem was in the old gamma days SM and GH never went to war :( However now Carpe Jungulm are at war with Donkeys (GH and SM) and the Coalition. Like Aicy said some worlds just die early on in the game because most big alliances merge like on Iota, CK into ES then ES into LEGION

DeletedUser

So I'm pretty much unlucky and playing on a rare server that's going to die early because people are sim city builders and merge instead of fighting it out?!?!?

WTB NEW SERVER PLS!! (that is not speed 3)

DeletedUser3303

So I'm pretty much unlucky and playing on a rare server that's going to die early because people are sim city builders and merge instead of fighting it out?!?!?

WTB NEW SERVER PLS!! (that is not speed 3)

This server is becoming less and less interesting cos most alliance like Ck, ES and legion prefer to merge instead of conquor each other, i have been trying to make the game interesting and im having fun taking out some hive players in the BF vs Hive war, but im wondering how to make the game interesting after we have won.

DeletedUser

its getting inteesting out the rim small alliances like the 1 I'm in taking on 2 alliances at once
1 of the alliances is being farmed to death the other well lets just say its a stale mate with them bigger players then us but with less experiance

DeletedUser

bah thinking back on it... I should have just started on World Kappa.

This morale system BLOWS hard... can't even farm small guys on my islands due to losing 200 pop worth of troops due to militia+morale bonuses, making it not worth it.

DeletedUser

as an ex evony player there are certainly a lot of differences.. however yes I think the start is exciting as there will be the fight for the core, and usually we see a few alliances who are initally in the top 12 disbanded. it settles down though and there are a couple of wars like now, but then my experience of theta is that as players get more cities and spread out more then the wars kick off again.. the initial fights are to secure their areas, then there is a quiet period where alliances are building in their oceans where they are based and picking off cities close by. this is still happening in a lot of alliances.

Then it starts where there aren't any cities worth taking in their own oceans so alliances move on out.. this has started with a few alliances but it will grow. Alliances will want to move out and will start to move into others space, which is where the wars starts.

The other thing I've seen before is that the alliances on the edge of the core who have been steadly building, without much trouble will start to get involved more.. and those wars can be quite interesting to watch.

The one big difference though compared to evony is that you can't move your cities, so moving into a new ocean and taking on someones space can be a lengthy process

I'd say watch this space as more wars will come I'm sure :)

DeletedUser

Another difference between this game and evony is...

In evony a smart defender with 300k troops can literally kill millions upon millions of attacking troops if he knows what he is doing with virtually zero losses.

Here the defender advantage isn't as big, thus zerg alliances like Legion and pals can pretty much wear down any defense just through the sheer number of allies/cities/players.

Zerg family alliances ruin games imo.

Aicy

Strategos
Well they're not really Zerg are they. :p

They're Protos in Zerg numbers. The above reason is why smaller members caps = Funner gameplay.

DeletedUser

Wow you really went and made 3 threads about this? I hadent even noticed this 3rd one til now.

Maybe when KOTOR disbands youll have more fun.

edit: 4 threads about this. Sick. Trying to get a seperate thread for every wing alliance Kotor has or what?

DeletedUser

If you're so jealous Magikarp

Why don't you follow my lead and make what... 9 or 10 threads to represent your alliance and all their henchmen alliances.

You don't have to be jealous man, don't be shy, start your own threads.