Does World Difficulty Matter?

DeletedUser41523

I disagree that 1 is the hardest. In terms of maximizing strategy for the speed? Yeah harder i'll give you that. You definitely have to use your resources well. If I have to pick a low speed though, I think unit speed is the interesting factor. Units 2-4 you can fly across an ocean. Unit speed 1 you need to clear your schedule to jump two islands over.

In terms of credible competition though? when I played a speed 1 it was a walk in the park. We weren't the best team in Grepolis at the time either, in fact, we were probably pretty beatable. But still we dominated the server. Speed 1 doesn't tend to draw in people who know what they're doing. So if you get the one team that memorizes the meta inside and out, you'll win easy.

DeletedUser22517

I disagree that 1 is the hardest. In terms of maximizing strategy for the speed? Yeah harder i'll give you that. You definitely have to use your resources well. If I have to pick a low speed though, I think unit speed is the interesting factor. Units 2-4 you can fly across an ocean. Unit speed 1 you need to clear your schedule to jump two islands over.

In terms of credible competition though? when I played a speed 1 it was a walk in the park. We weren't the best team in Grepolis at the time either, in fact, we were probably pretty beatable. But still we dominated the server. Speed 1 doesn't tend to draw in people who know what they're doing. So if you get the one team that memorizes the meta inside and out, you'll win easy.

Yes speed troops is also important and speed 1 troops is hell no matter what speed the world is.

And yes competition is not as good as in the other speed worlds but fighting entire world can`t be just a walk in the park. In higher speed you have mega coalition, something EN invented and people don`t fight more than 2 enemy at once in any world, usually they fight against one. So for me that is joke when you have half of the world backing you up and only fight half. It comes down to who clicks faster. No real fights just who negotiates better.

DeletedUser50245

Not in Carystus ... we don't have allies ... ;) all are enemies :D
EN is dead; Erik's alliance no longer exists ... his players are scattered everywhere ... at least the WW endgame change has significantly reduced the need for coalition-building in revolt servers ... i dunno about Byblos (conquest), since the talk in their forum appears to be always about cuddling (except Miknel whom i admire)

DeletedUser41523

Yes speed troops is also important and speed 1 troops is hell no matter what speed the world is.

And yes competition is not as good as in the other speed worlds but fighting entire world can`t be just a walk in the park. In higher speed you have mega coalition, something EN invented and people don`t fight more than 2 enemy at once in any world, usually they fight against one. So for me that is joke when you have half of the world backing you up and only fight half. It comes down to who clicks faster. No real fights just who negotiates better.

EN didn't invent coalitions. People have been mass pacting since I first started leading. EN just happened to do well with it. I've played worlds at different levels where we fought off entire worlds for the majority or all of the server maybe made a branch in some cases. Can promise, its much harder in 3/3 and in a slower setting (or US) the only thing that can stop you is internal drama.

Zarun-

Strategos
This brings me to my question on if world difficulty is important in the matter of respect?
Absolutely!

Take the winners of EN79, Pandosia. I mean really, who did they go up against in that world? lol

They won by virtue of no competition - well unless you count Sir ARG and Black Ships. >_>

I'd say the team proved how bad they are in Sinope, not just as players but as people in general.

DeletedUser53923

to the original topic. stupid question. of course difficulty and competition matter in how your viewed and respect given. if i walked into a kindergarten and knocked out every 6 year old in there i could easily claim to be the best fighter in the world...but no one would respect the claim despite my flawless record.