Inactive Topic Domination worlds

DeletedUser10962

Proposal:

Create a new type of server where the victory type is domination

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives?

NO

Reason:

Current endgame sucks and some of the old schoolers would probably come back to play this way

Details:

No-one likes world wonders. Most people resent that a lot of grepo has become too much about pacts and politics and got away from it's core purpose of being about fighting people so:

1. Victory condition for the world to end is that one alliance holds every city in the server or the remaining cities are ghosts etc

2. The world size will be restricted to one ocean say 55. The rest of the map will be inaccessible you cannot found miles away there is no rim there is the core and thats it.

3. You can only join the world if there is a free anchor spot on an island with farming villages if there is not the world is deemed full. Similarly if you wish to restart the game will not allow you to if there are no free anchors.

4. Due to the limited number of spots in the world I believe this should be a pay to play world to prevent very causal players dropping in playing for a few days and taking away the spots from those who want to play it hardcore.

5. All other variables would be as they are now maybe with gold trading turned off so you don't get people using the world to generate gold but could be revolt/CQ.

Visual Aids:

None

Balance:

Would have to severely restrict the alliance caps to keep it interesting.

Abuse Prevention:

Hard to abuse

Summary:

You'll love or hate it it's not hard to understand

DeletedUser53868

It is literally impossible to hold every city in the world, and you cannot restrict one world to one ocean.

Tribal Wars has a % of dominance of players' cities (60% of all non-ghost cities, for example), that way I think it could work, but not like you suggested.´

But anyway I agree that a dominance method would be better for this game.

DeletedUser10962

It is literally impossible to hold every city in the world, and you cannot restrict one world to one ocean.

Tribal Wars has a % of dominance of players' cities (60% of all non-ghost cities, for example), that way I think it could work, but not like you suggested.´

But anyway I agree that a dominance method would be better for this game.

What do you mean you can't of course you can you just change the way the game is currently set up

DeletedUser41523

Make the alliance cap something low for added fun. I would play a 15-25 cap version of this.

But Grepolis always was about pacts and politics tbh. Least in the old school worlds I played. It wasn't uncommon for good old school teams to have multiple pacts back then. Probably more so than now tbh. The only difference was then it was about fighting and politicking your way to the top as an alliance.