DOTW #1 Recruitment & Diplomacy

• Thread starter DeletedUser18571
  • Start date

DeletedUser18571

wXT4L.png

So, I'm going to introduce something new to the forum in an attempt to make it more active now and in the future. The idea derived from the DnD forum and should get people to express more views. All the topics will be about Grepolis and more importantly, World Kos.

Every week, a question will be asked, which you can answer with your opinion below. There will be a couple rules in place to make sure this doesn't get out of hand as well as the normal forum rules.

If you plan to use this on another world... credit!

Rules:
Respect is key. Respect everyones opinion, even if you don't agree with it yourself.
Keep on the discussion topic, don't stray.
No egotistical nonsense of any kind, everyone is equal, no matter of in game rank or so.

It is time for another DOTW! Remember that it is in relation to kos, so name kos alliances or use examples if need be! As well as that, send in your questions; some may be used in future DOTWs! Oh, and also feel free to pass this onto people in game from all sorts of alliances. The more views and more discussion, the better for Kos. Anyway, today's question is:

#1: Are some alliances too busy concentrating on diplomacy and recruitment on Kos?
Are alliances to busy on using alternative tactics instead of war on Kos? Is it right that alliances have academies, surplus pacts and are too busy filling to the member cap on Kos?

The low membership cap makes for interesting gameplay and although it tries to discourage mass recruiting, why do alliances still do it? Is there a need for this amount of members or diplomacy and why do they do it? Can these alliances ever be successful? Discuss below...

Credits to Osl.

DeletedUser

In my opinion, it's too risky to go to war once BP ends, especially since it is a Speed 1 world. Alternative tactics could potentially reap rewards, as long as it isn't overused.

DeletedUser

I agree with the post above- You can be the top alliance- with the most members & lose because of too many enemies- its the classic mistake, the top alliance goes out & tries to fight the world which is how these alliances fail everytime.

Whether people like to admit it or not- Diplomacy is almost ALWAYS needed to win the world- headstrong people are pushed out early.

DeletedUser23516

You can't grow without attacking. While Diplomacy wins in the long run. A huge ABP total draws in more and better players.

DeletedUser

I think that alliances have all the right in the world to invite players to join, after all players is what makes the alliance. However to be fair I find it naive for an alliance to attempt to build more and more academies denying other alliances the right of recruiting other players and hence helps in killing the server. I mean.. we could all be fighting for the number #1 spot, but noo players decide to join that spot instead of fight it.. simply because they believe that if they can't beat it why not join it!

However I doubt that those alliances that Mass recruit players actually manage to survive, because a leader's function is waaaaaay beyond just sending out invites to player but rather train his players and establish communications with his players. While smaller alliances tend to do that, alliances that have academies will tend to focus on getting more players and manage this big structure early in the game.

Diplomacy on the other hand.. shouldn't even be considered yet because it is highly doubted that alliances would declare war during the first week (Depending on type of alliances! Some are pretty aggressive). The world however is barely new and alliances have barely consolidated and formed in which deciding diplomacy and arranging diplomatic talks with other alliances is futile.. Once the alliances know what their short-term and med-term plans are, they should consider setting diplomacy with other alliances. This is my humble opinion :)

I mean come on! Some alliances have already pacted! :rolleyes:

DeletedUser11886

Masa, if you don't understand something then you shouldn't be talking. You are a new player, as I can see and you are inexperienced in nature. Are you ignoring my posts so much, that to an extent that you completely repeat what other people have failed in?

First off,
This is a war game. Why must we give other alliances players which can help us?

Secondly, our leader is doing nothing of the sort. If you have read anything that I have posted before, you would see that it is not the leader spamming requests, but people are coming to us. (The Founder*) We, [me and the other leaders] are the main ones that deal with the join requests and have stopped under all order to halt all requests to join until further notice. We will keep with our current group and see how they go. Not a single on of our members have even gone yellow, in both academy, main alliance, etc. And we have been steadily growing in points not from requests to join us, but from our own members. We have full communication, as I have set up an enjoyable forum system for us and we are always taking suggestions from our own members to make it better. Its a great community within this alliance.

With you inexperience, I can see that you do not realize that leaders do take care of a whole alliance. We have councils, and different ranks who take care of different things. The 'founder' or leader of the alliance, is just basically a manager.

Finally, I would like to state that being allies with other alliances during BP is even worse then a MRA. Alliances who pact with others just because they are powerful etc. will realize that it would be a useless pact. Wait for BP to end, and have the alliances show their power and might together. Then comes the pacts and war.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Not a single on of our members have even gone yellow, in both academy, main alliance, etc.
Members go yellow when they have been inactive for 48 hours.
How can you then brag about this when the world has been out for about 60 hours?

Kyleli: If you don't understand something, don't talk about it as you mentioned to the other guy above.
Seems like you are the MRA-loving unexperienced player here :)
Playing many worlds doesn't make you an experienced player :)

DeletedUser11886

And tell me what does? I atleast understand and have the experience that tells me that MRAs used to actually be part of Grepolis as a major key figure. That was before (as I repeat) 'newbs' ruined the reputation for the new players. Therefore, now this generation of grepolis players and a few before don't ever understand.

If you haven't realized yet, but this world has actually been open for longer than 60 hours...

Again, what do you think makes an experienced player then? Someone that has been playing for 2 days and is a genius at the game because he learnt from blog pages and the wiki? Nope. You have no true experience. (not you, I'm talking about my example) I'm not sure if you realize it yet, but if you search up the definition of 'experienced' i'm sure you will realize that you are truly wrong.

I wish you guys would support your arguments against me with more facts and evidence. Its really irritating how terrible your insults or ideas are...:supermad:

DeletedUser

Many good point have been brought up here so far. As for the topic question. I think it is perfectly fair to have academy alliances as well as sister alliances that you pact with early when you know you can trust the leaders until the endgame. That is all part of the game. And it is pretty obvious why mass-recruiting works initially: you are more likely to attract more players, than a small alliance with a few experienced players. The larger alliances can pick and choose their members as they desire, and boot the little players who aren't showing their stuff thus to replace with a proven or potentially better player than the one whom left. Sure, that technique alienates some players, but if those players who got booted were more up to the challenge, they would have shown it, and thus are not much of a threat to the alliance. Everything will change between now and mid-game and everyone knows it.

Can Mass-Pacting work? Only if they are loyal to each other, and don't let their leaders' egos get in the way of the inevitable merges. That however, is highly unlikely, as Ego seems to be the primary factor for most alliances creations (not their function, just in their creation). That is plainly seen in the boastful posturing of their alliance profiles. I always laff when I see: "we will not merge into you, but you into us.' Predominantly, that sentence is worded in that exact way. LOL

DeletedUser11886

Jessus. You just explained *almost* everything that I tried to get across...

I agree with you on everything but I don't think Mass-Pacting works. Just randomly sending tons of pacts, gets you nowhere. Your pact members will probably not do anything since they are not true allies and you have no bond.

DeletedUser

Masa, if you don't understand something then you shouldn't be talking. You are a new player, as I can see and you are inexperienced in nature. Are you ignoring my posts so much, that to an extent that you completely repeat what other people have failed in?

First off,

Secondly, our leader is doing nothing of the sort. If you have read anything that I have posted before, you would see that it is not the leader spamming requests, but people are coming to us. (The Founder*) We, [me and the other leaders] are the main ones that deal with the join requests and have stopped under all order to halt all requests to join until further notice. We will keep with our current group and see how they go. Not a single on of our members have even gone yellow, in both academy, main alliance, etc. And we have been steadily growing in points not from requests to join us, but from our own members. We have full communication, as I have set up an enjoyable forum system for us and we are always taking suggestions from our own members to make it better. Its a great community within this alliance.

With you inexperience, I can see that you do not realize that leaders do take care of a whole alliance. We have councils, and different ranks who take care of different things. The 'founder' or leader of the alliance, is just basically a manager.

Finally, I would like to state that being allies with other alliances during BP is even worse then a MRA. Alliances who pact with others just because they are powerful etc. will realize that it would be a useless pact. Wait for BP to end, and have the alliances show their power and might together. Then comes the pacts and war.

Masa played with me on Marathon & is an experienced player that has seen this kind of work before & MRA's are bad & you have one period. You can stop trying to defend it. its sometimes better just to accept things how they are.

DeletedUser

First off,

New player.. inexperienced. LOL

This is a new account son, doesn't mean I don't have an other account. I only created this account because when I joined Kos they didn't even let me choose my location, hence why the new account name. But luckily people like you think I'm new! Which is good I can trick them in battle pretending to be a noob.

For one: Choosing a pact right now in your current location is just plain stupid strategy. For one, you can't actually ensure that the alliance you're tied with is currently stable, because tons of sh**s happen at the beginning of the server, alliances fall alliances merge and leaders quit too, we just seen that happen in a couple of alliances.

Unlike you sir, I don't have to prove anything about my experience, I have my own group of people that actually know what I'm made off, but you sir, you take the cake for the desperate attempt of trying to prove that your alliance, and it's structure is built on a decent foundation, and are considered "Elite" in your own eyes, makes me think you have never been in a real alliance since you actually value MRAs and see them with positive perception; I only value them because they bring farms for the world, which is nice.

And tell me what does? I atleast understand and have the experience that tells me that MRAs used to actually be part of Grepolis as a major key figure. That was before (as I repeat) 'newbs' ruined the reputation for the new players. Therefore, now this generation of grepolis players and a few before don't ever understand.

If you haven't realized yet, but this world has actually been open for longer than 60 hours...

Again, what do you think makes an experienced player then? Someone that has been playing for 2 days and is a genius at the game because he learnt from blog pages and the wiki? Nope. You have no true experience. (not you, I'm talking about my example) I'm not sure if you realize it yet, but if you search up the definition of 'experienced' i'm sure you will realize that you are truly wrong.

I wish you guys would support your arguments against me with more facts and evidence. Its really irritating how terrible your insults or ideas are...:supermad:

lol, experience is built by playing worlds? Since when? We see noobish players jumping ships into other worlds over and over again, but does that make them well experienced to actually succeed in the world or experienced in any sort? I think you're understanding of experience is deluded. When players claim experience, they point out that they actually understand how the game and battle system works. Hence a player pointed out how many branches of TBH has been founded in different world (Despite whether under the same leadership) tell me then on how many worlds have it been successful? lol. Just like how you pointed out thinking I'm a noob because of my new account in the forums! lol. Protip: never judge a book by it's cover.

DeletedUser

...Hence a player pointed out how many branches of TBH has been founded in different world (Despite whether under the same leadership) tell me then on how many worlds have it been successful? lol. ...

Well, creating "academies" happens even to the best alliances here like "Eviction Notice" (World Masters of Rho - have "academy" in Bellerophon), LoD (World Masters of Knossos - had "sister" Hired Guns), "The Syndicate" (World Winners of Byzantium - had academy "Alpha Centaury") just to mention some... But those "academies" were not created and filled with players in the 1st day of world existence, there were reasons behind and also not everybody could be invited.

From another side, many "academies/brother/sisters" (up to 4-5 or even 6) is normal in worlds with low alliances caps. Every good alliance will (or already has) kinda academy/sister here too. But reasons, leadership, selection criterias behind differ much. :)

DeletedUser

Well, creating "academies" happens even to the best alliances here like "Eviction Notice" (World Masters of Rho - have "academy" in Bellerophon), LoD (World Masters of Knossos - had "sister" Hired Guns), "The Syndicate" (World Winners of Byzantium - had academy "Alpha Centaury") just to mention some... But those "academies" were not created and filled with players in the 1st day of world existence, there were reasons behind and also not everybody could be invited.

From another side, many "academies/brother/sisters" (up to 4-5 or even 6) is normal in worlds with low alliances caps. Every good alliance will (or already has) kinda academy/sister here too. But reasons, leadership, selection criteria behind differs much. :)

The argument was however TBH being an MRA and Kyleli's stand up attempt trying to defend it, lol. I know that, sister alliances is necessary, only later in the game when a bunch of players are actually capable of conquering. Not setting up 2342342 sisters from day 1, and then bragging about it like someone has. Good input though ;)

DeletedUser

The argument was however TBH being an MRA and Kyleli's stand up attempt trying to defend it, lol. I know that, sister alliances is necessary, only later in the game when a bunch of players are actually capable of conquering. Not setting up 2342342 sisters from day 1, and then bragging about it like someone has. Good input though ;)

As i understood kyleli - his main point is "not every MRA is bad", meaning that their MRAs are good. We'll see... :)

DeletedUser18571

heres my take on it.

I have absolutely no problems with pacting, almost everyone does it and diplomacy is a part of the game just how it is.

but recruitment is my main issue. if the member cap is 50 why turn it to 150 if you already have a decent team, imagine if pro sport had one football team of 8 players facing off against a team of 33 or more? soudns fair?

academies are fine but no one grepolis makes academies, instead they make an alliance as a place holder, these members will never move onto the main alliance unless the main alliance loses members, there usually is no training its all associated with the member count, when you are sharign forums its no longer 2 or 3 sepeate alliances instead its just one big alliance ignoring the member cap.

lol at eviction notice, they had one big war againts an elite alliance and won just cause they had 2x more members, but world belle is a perfect example what would happen to kos, after eviction notice "won" their world became one of the most boring worlds ever, not to mention it was a hero world meant for intense fighting.

I made an alliance with a sister alliance in a world with 100 member cap, the main alliance had 10 members only and the sister had 40-60 and never passing the member count because that is what a true academy should be, once their ready they move on to the main they go instead of waiting for space to be available.

diplomacy is fine and recruiting is fine as long as you stay below the cap if not you are just giving yourself a handicap.