Dotw #1

DeletedUser23222

The key word to your question here is "Long Term".
Sure, gold comes in handy, but it will not win you the game. The key to this game is teamwork. Period. If you have 400 incomings, 25,000 gold, and a worthless alliance, you are toast. On the other hand, if you have 400 incomings, 0 gold, and a good alliance at your back, your chances of survival are pretty decent. This is where tactics and coordination come into play.

Arguments like this don't really address the issue....

What about the case where you have 400 incomings, 25,000 gold, and a good alliance at your back - doesnt that give you some useful tactics? What if your really good teammates each have 25,000 gold, too? Doesn't that change the tactical picture a bit?

An accurate analysis of the benefits of gold use must take the human ability out of the equation. Assume the ability and ambition of each player is exactly the same - then ask yourself how gold affects competitiveness.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18825

There is an argument about gold in every world...

As the Beatles say, "Let it be".

DeletedUser

Ill Throw my opinion in.
I play on gamma, i have over 60 cities and without Gold im sure i would have a fair few less than that, Having Admin makes everything building wise much easier to manage and handle, so yes i thing Gold is needed for longevity of a decent player. That said i know of a player in gamma who has over 100 cities and is managing fine without it. I like to think that if you are a half decent player you can manage without, i however am far too lazy to click through 60 cities to find out where a attack is hitting.
Also Having a decent team around you and how much time you have spare accounts for alot too.