DoTW #1

• Thread starter DeletedUser22940
  • Start date

DeletedUser22940

dotw1.png

Every week, a question will be asked, which you can answer with your opinion below. There will be a couple rules in place to make sure this doesn't get out of hand as well as the normal forum rules.

Rules:
Respect is key. Respect everyones opinion, even if you don't agree with it yourself.
Keep on the discussion topic, don't stray.
No egotistical nonsense of any kind, everyone is equal, no matter of in game rank or so.
Do not begin flaming, or I will have to act accordingly.

I will also be requiring some new topics to discuss weekly, so if you have any suggestions, just push them over to me and I'll pick a popular topic to discuss.

So, this weeks question:

CAN AN MRA SUCCEED AND HOW?

Can an MRA succeed in a world where MRA-haters and experienced players thrive?
Why is it that many times players with experience join MRAs?
What makes and MRA?
Lastly, can they work?

Begin discussion......now

All credit to osl112 for coming up with the idea

DeletedUser3303

a MRA can do well as long as the leader has patiants and is experienced, so he can keep forums organised and teach the newer players the game

DeletedUser

I have been in a few MRA in the past. I'm what I would call a "Rising Noob", getting better as the game as time progresses. Being in a MRA isn't half bad. If you have experienced, non-arrogant leaders it's almost fun. There is plenty of activity in the forums. But there are always too many new players. That's what MRA's do, they pull in too many new players. There should be a balance of new players and experienced players. So the newbies can learn how to learn the game. That's pretty much how I learned. That and learning from my own mistakes. So MRA's are not a bad thing. But I don't think they could succeed in a world where MRA haters thrive. Which is pretty much every world. I don't think that many experienced players join MRA's, unless it's like a really good alliance. Like a DoW type of alliance. (remember them? think they were on TW) MRA's do work. Just not the way people would think. They help newbies learn the game. (If it was a good one)

And just a thought
Maybe if you got a bunch of experienced players, willing to help a whole lot of new players, then you use mass recruit tactics to get a bunch of new players, Maybe that could work out...?
The Grepolis New Player Motion.
1 Up?
Idk if it would work. what do you think?

DeletedUser3303

i may try it for fun on the next world i join, i will lead it and mass recruit and teach people the game

DeletedUser

you must have a lot patient. thoughts of writing up all the guides and tips for new players make me lose motivation. Too much work. I'm lazy :p

DeletedUser18825

An MRA can succeed if the leader can stay organized. You have to teach all of the newbies how to play, keep everything simple and efficient, actively kick out the inactive, and be a good role model. The leader needs to be active and usually experienced. Also, they would need a great sense of maturity and common sense.

And most of all, they can't give up.

The best MRA leader that I have ever known is daizan from PV. I was in that world, and everyone accused them of being an MRA, which they probably were. But, the ended up pwning everything.

DeletedUser3303

An MRA can succeed if the leader can stay organized. You have to teach all of the newbies how to play, keep everything simple and efficient, actively kick out the inactive, and be a good role model. The leader needs to be active and usually experienced. Also, they would need a great sense of maturity and common sense.

i may fall a little short on the role model part lol

The best MRA leader that I have ever known is daizan from PV. I was in that world, and everyone accused them of being an MRA, which they probably were. But, the ended up pwning everything.

dont think i have ever been in a alliance with Daizan/aicy, i have had wars with them alot though.

DeletedUser25581

I don't think that MRA can be successful , if it can be , please show me in which world they are successful. you can teach them , but in MRA there always will be lot of simciter,inactive. also sometimes experienced players joins MRA when they see their friends there , but soon they are leaving with experienced players from that RMA and making their own alliance . I never seen that MRA was successful, no matter how good leader it has, there always will be mess in forums, inactives,noobs who can't learn and those who are in alliance just to hide and do nothing. it doesn't mean that you need to be MRA to have players near you that are new in this game, you can invite few who you think are active and teach only them, no need to invite everyone near you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19043

Most alliances just end up wiping the MRA's out.
Alpha's MRA was Hogs of Destiny - 2200+ players
They survived for about a year before gradually losing their players and end up with about 50 players before losing nearly everyone

DeletedUser18825

Project Venom and Hogs of Destiny are the only ones I know of...

DeletedUser17561

Garrus has hit the nail on the head. A successful alliance has a high activity and communication level - and you can't get that in an MRA. You never know who is playing, not playing, quit, spying, or just horrible at the fundamentals. You spend more time trying to figure out who is engaged than you do taking cities

DeletedUser

The Cohort on theta is regarded as an MRA, and it is leading that world in points. Of course it has lost many players though recently.

DeletedUser

Definition of an MRA: Mass Recruiting Alliance.

Just because an alliance has lots of members does it mean it can't succeed? Not all MRAs are bad nor do they have a lack of communication.

DeletedUser

Yeah I think that the idea of an MRA can be generally stereotyped. Alliances like DoW and R4GE (Don't hate me for calling R4GE a MRA, just listen to what I have to say) are what I like to call "Elite" MRAs, it sounds silly. They just accept a lot of applications. They get most of them from good players. Because they already have a strong, experienced member base, that looks appealing. I'm pretty sure the term "recruit" means to take in players. So weather they are getting applications or just plain old sending out random invites it's all the same to me.
So MRAs do succeed in worlds where MRA hatters are present.

Thoughts?

DeletedUser18825

Yeah but 'elite' MRAs are still very hard to lead. The members notice easier when you do something wrong, and they go all rebel on you... xD

DeletedUser25581

in Elite MRA important is friendship, because sometimes experienced players don't like to take orders and commands from others and they think they can do better by themselves.if there is friendship there will be more teamwork and it will be easier for them to take any order. also in MRA can't be that friendship between all members and its almost impossible, there always will be someone or group of players who will go rebel time to time and create their own alliance .Mostly in elite alliance joining "experience" players who want to be in alliance that is in Top 4 , never wanted to be in MRA and never will join it , also I don't think that 70-80 players are MRA and there can be great teamwork if leadership is good

DeletedUser18825

I like those alliances that have about 10 members, but they just keep surviving because of that friendship and communication.

DeletedUser

Yeah I do agree that smaller numbers I find are better. But it also at times means less activity and less help. R4GE has lots of players yes. Lots of new players to but what I like is that these players are learning FAST. There's a good atmosphere and teamwork in there.

DeletedUser25581

small numbers don't mean less activity or less support . mostly when alliance have small numbers they are near each other and are very active. so if they need support they get it really fast and small number alliances mostly have experience players who easily can snipe CS's. in 10 member alliance communication will be great and they will be good friends, they may lose few cities but gain much more and will have more fun here in game

DeletedUser24117

I think luck also plays some-what of a role in the success of an alliance.