DOTW #2- Is/Was BP just right on Phi?

DeletedUser

wXT4L.png

So, I'm going to introduce something new to the forum in an attempt to make it more active now and in the future. The idea derived from the DnD forum and should get people to express more views. All the topics will be about Grepolis and more importantly, Phi world.

Every week, a question will be asked, which you can answer with your opinion below. There will be a couple rules in place to make sure this doesn't get out of hand as well as the normal forum rules.

If you plan to use this on another world... credit!
Rules:
Respect is key. Respect everyones opinion, even if you don't agree with it yourself.
Keep on the discussion topic, don't stray.
No egotistical nonsense of any kind, everyone is equal, no matter of in game rank or so.

Last weeks discussion was awesome... keep it coming. If you have any ideas for future debates, please send them in. Right onto this weeks question, which is:

#2: Is/Was BP just right on Phi?
BP ended this week for most of the early birds in the world, although it is still going on the rim. The question is about BP... did you think BP was too short, or too long? Do you think that BP should be longer for those on the rim? Discuss your opinions but don't forget that of others on the rim, lets say?

DeletedUser17045

I think the best beginners protection period of time is 5 days. Anything longer is just giving those who rush to conquest, more time.

That being said, I don't mind the long period of time, as you can get more stuff done. But yes, personally, I think 7 days is just too long. 5 days is just right for me. :)

DeletedUser

I would agree and say it was too long, but then again... thinking of the rim players... is it long enough for them?

DeletedUser12324

I think so yes, ofcourse all the old players moan and say it's too long as they want to get their teeth stuck in however for newer players or even brand new players a week is needed to find out about this game and it's mechanics.

And to be honest anyone who wants to attack a brand new player needs their head sorting out anyways. Too often ive seen and been killed in under a week....

I think it would be cool to have an option to choose the minimum 4-5 days BP or choose to extend it to 7.

Giving both old and new players and option to suit themselves.

Bring on teh haterz :p

DeletedUser

5 days is good for getting stuff done without dragging it on too much. It keeps people active too, when you have 7days then people are tempted to take a day or so off. I like anything that encourages activity - but then as a leader i would :p

DeletedUser

I agree, 5 days does seem like a respectable amount of time for a player to grow and under stand the game, plus morale is in effect in this world so even if they are weaker then another player they have a chance

DeletedUser

I think so yes, ofcourse all the old players moan and say it's too long as they want to get their teeth stuck in however for newer players or even brand new players a week is needed to find out about this game and it's mechanics.

And to be honest anyone who wants to attack a brand new player needs their head sorting out anyways. Too often ive seen and been killed in under a week....

I think it would be cool to have an option to choose the minimum 4-5 days BP or choose to extend it to 7.

Giving both old and new players and option to suit themselves.

Bring on teh haterz :p

That idea... I don't think it would work somehow. Instincts tell me that that won't work... :s

DeletedUser11595

5 days is good for such speed world.7 days Bp gives a player to move closer to conquest and that should not be the condition.a player should move closer to conquest under attacks and pressure then only he will learn how to play the game.

DeletedUser

i quite like 7 days tbh. it gives you time to get catapults so you can keep your attackers safe overnight ;)

you can prob do it in 5 days, but i don't think the vast majority of players can!

DeletedUser17088

Hey! think of us Rim players ;)

5 days is just right, 7 makes points easy to obtain!

DeletedUser

i go for seven days
think about us, beginners
5 days to go for points 2 days for units is perfect
BTW world speed is only ONLY 2(i know i said only twice so dont keep bugging me about that)

DeletedUser17045

Nah, I still think 7 days is too long.

As I said previously, 5 days seems perfect. And whose to say that you can't multi task? Construct buildings and units at the same time? Especially with this new farming system, it is quite possible.

DeletedUser

i go for seven days
think about us, beginners
5 days to go for points 2 days for units is perfect
BTW world speed is only ONLY 2(i know i said only twice so dont keep bugging me about that)

Seriously? By day 7 I was almost ready for conquest. I think 5 days splits it evenly, especially on 2.0 where build up is so much quicker. Though maybe there should be a longer BP on the rim; I know it was suggested.

DeletedUser

i think that 7 days is quite good a little less would be ok but i perefer 7 days just because i like to rush the conquest :D

DeletedUser22407

I think that in every world there is going to be the initial boring period where everyone is trying to get to Conquest. For the newer players, most of them seem to think they know everything about the game their first day.