DotW 3- Thinking to the future...

DeletedUser

Code:

wXT4L.png

So, I'm going to reintroduce something to this forum in an attempt to make it more active now and in the future. The idea derived from the DnD forum and should get people to express more views. All the topics will be about Grepolis and more importantly, this world.

Every week, a question will be asked, which you can answer with your opinion below. There will be a couple rules in place to make sure this doesn't get out of hand as well as the normal forum rules.

Rules:
Respect is key. Respect everyones opinion, even if you don't agree with it yourself.
Keep on the discussion topic, don't stray.
No egotistical nonsense of any kind, everyone is equal, no matter of in game rank or so.

Why has nothing exiting happened yet?

Ok, so i just had a quick flick through the conquests of the top 10 or so people and there seemed to be a pattern emerging... A good chunk of them were ghost towns, others were from players with no alliances, some were internal conquests and, admittedly, there were some from other alliance but only smaller alliances. No top 15 alliance is really attacking another, there may be some low level farming but no nice conquests. Why? What is going on behind the scenes (if anything)? Please share your thoughts on this matter.

Credit to Osl for the idea.

DeletedUser

6 Alliance conquers.

I reckon because it's the easiest time to grab cities and ghost towns and unaligned players are the weakest players. If they can grab these cities now their futures in the game will be pretty easy.

On a nicer note, my alliance have the most conquers :p

DeletedUser

Phalanx Power is a top 15 alliance. They have multiple cities that have been conquered.

DeletedUser

I dunno, i think this world may be just not as competitive as others have been...

DeletedUser

I dunno, i think this world may be just not as competitive as others have been...

Maybe. I know there's not loads of players here(due to the delayed announcement of settings) but because of the speed, it'll be and incredibly quick and aggressive world that'll promote activity.

Then again we have loads of vets here and we can easily train players and we always have players joining worlds later on.

DeletedUser

Do we have loads of vets though...?
Most as playing Corinth...

I know my alliance has a few, i've been playing for 1 year and 10 months now and my co founders and both 1.5 years+.
But not too sure abotu other alliances..?

DeletedUser

Do we have loads of vets though...?
Most as playing Corinth...

I know my alliance has a few, i've been playing for 1 year and 10 months now and my co founders and both 1.5 years+.
But not too sure abotu other alliances..?
Well I have yet to get to conquest... I intend on conquering an active player... more fun since its competition. Ghost sounds boring... unless its in the middle of enemy territory

DeletedUser

I spose it is still early days, as you said, many people don't yet have conquest so maybe in the next few weeks we'll see the active conquest numbers pick up. :)

DeletedUser

Got a fair amount in One* and PFB. Some are spread elsewhere. I know we don't have loads but vets are created in every world. Most of my alliance will have got revolt by Friday.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
The players that grow to conquest the fastest are not typically the most aggressive players. They are usually the players who grow fast and become simmers or players who get most of their CP from festivals or gold. The more aggressive players grow a tad bit slower so as to have a good amount of troops so they can go after a good first conquest.

DeletedUser

The players that grow to conquest the fastest are not typically the most aggressive players. They are usually the players who grow fast and become simmers or players who get most of their CP from festivals or gold. The more aggressive players grow a tad bit slower so as to have a good amount of troops so they can go after a good first conquest.

Me! :D
Ranking: 1451
Abp rank: 166
Abp has dropped a lot but I'm preparing for an offensive tomorrow.

DeletedUser

That's me =) Watch out Delphi :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Of course there are a rare few exceptions to what I posted. Some players can grow incredibly fast and maintain a great troop count to keep up an offensive, however those players are few and far between. There are also plenty of players who claim to be that good but we all know they just have over inflated egos, the really incredible players don't need to brag. That being said I'd say within a week there are going to be some of those aggressive players causing trouble in the top alliances and things will start to look more interesting

DeletedUser

Another point to consider is that players have learnt the lessons of past worlds, and that trying to take on another top level alliance this early in the game doesn't get anyone anywhere :D

There is some back and forth, but nothing major as of yet.

DeletedUser

haha, well, One* have a lot of people off in ocean 45 and it seems a few alliances are banding together against them.

Though- i am about to be conquered so this sort of ruins my point. hahah. :p

DeletedUser

Yes we know of this "coalition"
And sorry to hear of your conquer

DeletedUser

Coalition eh? We've had worse.
Sorry duckbilledplatypus, its one of ours guys, but i told you that the alliance you're part of wouldn't have helped you xD