drb81

DeletedUser

Today, while catching up on stats, i noticed something. drb81 has left Serpentine Medea. This guy is the biggest player on the server, and has constantly been ranked no 1. He left about 20 minutes ago, so he could be in the middle of switching alliances. whoever he joins, if he joins another alliance, will grab a player more powerful than most alliances. There are only 47 alliances with more points than him.

so, what do we think his plans are?

he seems to have been not very active for the past week, so maybe he is quitting. of course, if he does quit, that would leave 35 cities up for grabs, most of them around 10k.

DeletedUser

Well you could say that if he did quit then they wouldnt have booted him from the alliance to let everyone know. they would have swallowed up his cities first and then booted him.... or so i would hope an alliance of that caliber would do.

DeletedUser

Thats weird. He is so powerful, and I wonder why he left.

DeletedUser

Maybe he is going to make his own alliance or quit, he needs a co-player or someone to take his account as he can't just ditch 369000 points. Also I found an alliance with 283 members that has less points then drb81

DeletedUser

Simple answer; SM are going inactive.

Just look at the Grepostats for evidence.

its sad that the developers defeated sm with the whole morale thing and a lot of them losing confidence in the game instead of an epic war or something of that nature :(

DeletedUser

Simple answer; SM are going inactive.

Just look at the Grepostats for evidence.

I am afraid that inactivity will be at much higher rate in here. What is happening to SM, may be a look into the future. Most players here know what it takes to take care of small accounts. They are just not big, yet.
But when they grow and have more cities to manage, they don't know what it takes.
The game lacks a lot of tools, scripts etc to help coping with a larger account.
You can't even forward a report for pete's sake.
So, those players in SM have already got to the point where the time needed to invest in the game for larger accounts is not worth, or simply too much.

If the developers don't act quickly to improve the game, i'm afraid we will have to get used to the trend of: player grows---player gets to 20+ cities ----player goes inactive

DeletedUser

That is why you consolidate to a few cities and leave others inactive for a few days at a time.

DeletedUser

That is why you consolidate to a few cities and leave others inactive for a few days at a time.

tbh i think thats just delaying the inevitable. there should still be some way to speed up managing them. Im at 25 right now and sually only farm 2 a day cuz of laziness. cant imagine doing that at 100 cities. cant even imagine farming 1x a day at 200 ++

I mean if you play regularly its only a matter of time before you reach those levels right?

DeletedUser

tbh i think thats just delaying the inevitable. there should still be some way to speed up managing them. Im at 25 right now and sually only farm 2 a day cuz of laziness. cant imagine doing that at 100 cities. cant even imagine farming 1x a day at 200 ++

I mean if you play regularly its only a matter of time before you reach those levels right?

I think if you have a way to have automatic farming, once researched in 15 cities (big amount) you can choose what times and who to farm (very brief)

DeletedUser

I think if you have a way to have automatic farming, once researched in 15 cities (big amount) you can choose what times and who to farm (very brief)

care to make a suggestion to the devs. in the proper format in the Ideas section ?
:Smirk: :Laugh:

Alas the ring alliances have left it too late to attack SM. The game has caused SM to go away. Had they stayed it would have been an epic fight.

back to topic - getting resources is way tougher now with gray cities gone now. I have 11 cities and I stopped farming when I had 7-8 cities. It takes too much time and we need some sort of automation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well klevito wins the cookie for best theory. Fact of the matter is the devs killed this game for a lot of people in one fail swoop. drb81's achievements in this game made him the hardest hit by that update. He left the alliance and walked away. Plain and simple. No drama, the sky is not falling, but soon a lot of us will be in that position and if the devs go screwing with this game much more, who knows what will happen.

too much is unknown with the future of grepolis. all i know for sure is sm will continue to smite.

DeletedUser

no, but the damage was dealt and the repercussions are still ripping through gamma and I would assume the other established worlds.

DeletedUser

Hope this is another wake up call for the devs. This is the only game that punishes success and dedication.

Its like having your guns become less accurate in a fps the higher youre ranked.
Or your units starting off with less health in a rtsg the higher you are on the ladder.

Hilarious really, that they cant grasp the sheer ridiculousness of what they propose. That there are so many small, simple changes they could make to accomplish what theyre trying to do instead of completely turning the basic goal of all games upside down and thinking their being pioneers for it.

DeletedUser

just had a look at their member page on Grepostats, and it looks like a lot of their members have gone. Queen MAB doesnt seem to have done anything for a few weeks, so maybe she has quit. Wonder what repercussions that will have on the alliance.

have to wonder if they will end up merging with GH.

DeletedUser

hulk- dead on bud. the way this game was set up its an oxymoron with what they did with moral.

thegreatpl- yes, some have left, but many more are simply on vacation. when you kick soo much arse, a break is really needed in order to avoid carpal tunnel. w00t

DeletedUser

really now. so who is the leader of SM now queen MAB has quit? and she has quit.