Inactive Topic Dual Idea ~ News Ways Of Attack/ City Guard

DeletedUser

To Maintain Balance in Grepolis we have decided to propose a dual idea, in which both ideas are implemented or neither, so as to preserve the precarious balance between Attackers and Defenders.

IDEA 1

Proposal:
A player would be able to (while in the attack menu) select which units attack first and which units attack together, like waves. Sort of a way to make an assualt easier on certain troops to boost their chance of survival. Say my enemy has an abundace of Chariots/Hoplites and I had a Cyclops, I would want to soften them up before send it in right?

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Checked through a few pages, nothing similar.

Reason:
To make the attacking format more realistic for the player. It will also put another factor of strategy and thought into to game that I think would be ideal. It could also help with the Conquering process.

Details:
In the attacking menu, there would options for 3-5 waves for your troops to attack in. When the attack arrives, the battle starts. During the battle, comes the "waves". the only thing changed would be the way the troops engage, sort of like the breakthrough attack.

Visual Aids:
N/A

Balance:
A new deffense system. Balanced by idea below (EDIT- WB)

Abuse Prevention:
Not Sure. N/A unless hypothetical scenario can be drawn up (EDIT- WB)

Summary:
"Waves" of attacks that make attacking more realistic. Also to add another dimension to Grepolis through strategy.

IDEA 2

Idea ~ City Guard

Proposal- A player could set the defenses in his city to defend first against the attacker when the player is asleep. The player could put his Offensive units in a city reserve (Agora) which would not fight/die unless the City Guard fell.

DNS/Archive- I claim no ownership of this idea, someone else came up with it. The author is unknown. I believe this idea was denied for destruction of balance, which has been rectified.

Reason- To make Grepolis more realistic and to also allow players who have a demanding life to be able to play Grepolis to a suitable level. It will add another strategic factor to Grepolis.

Details- A player has the option to place Offensive troops/troops that the player does not want defending in the Agora. These troops will not fight, unless the city guard has fallen (the remaining troops that were not placed in Agora).

These troops if placed in the Agora will fight once the Defensive troops, not placed in the Agora have fallen.

Visual Aids- If the author can be identified, visual aids can be provided

Balance- Balanced out by idea shown above

Abuse- N/A

Summary- Allow players to put Offensive units in the Agora, protected by the City Guard. If the City Guard falls then these troops will fight.

As with all of my Idea Threads, no negative trolling/unhelpful remarks. Also please no spamming (a pebble).

DeletedUser

Idea 1 would have little effect for the amount of coding it would require. No

Idea 2 is unbalanced. Like normal, you should have 50% resource production the entire time the city guard is out. Even then, I would still likely say no.

DeletedUser8396

It is always more beneficial to have everyone fight at the same time. I wouldnt, and many others wouldnt, use it.

NO

DeletedUser

Eh?

All Idea 2 is, is a place to put your Offensive units. If the Attacker breaks through your defensive troops. he will chew through your Offensive troops. It kind of cancels out the advantage that the Attacker will get by being able to place his/her units coming from one city in waves. Would compact things a bit more.

@A pebble, trust me it is not. Previous owner proved this through some pretty graphs. Having your offensive units fighting alongside defensive units would not prove advantageous as more of your units would die, compared to your defensive units fighting and then your offensive units.

I feel both ideas have minor impacts on balance, which respectively cancel each other out as, they are both minor changes to balance.

DeletedUser

The issue for the existence of idea 2 can be eliminated by knowing where to put your offensive units. You can set them on a voyage while you're asleep, or stash them in a city away from attackers.

DeletedUser

First idea,
Let's not overcomplicate the game, kay?
When you need to send out 50 attacks in 5 minutes you don't want these silly features and gimmicks that take too much time.

Second idea is just a no.

DeletedUser24356

how about Idea two becomes the exact same thing Idea one is waves again not just 2 waves of attack