duration of conquest

Nothung

Hoplite
hi everyone

I noticed that in a world x3, where conquer system is conquest, the duration of the siege is 12 hours. However before, the duration of conquest was 8h for a x3 12h for a x2 and 24h for a x1. In different countries such as Spain or France, this rule is applied. So my question is:

Has this idea / debate been raised between players and staff members?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Conquest duration is not based on the speed of a world but rather is an independent setting. So there could be a speed 1 world with an 8 hour conquest or a speed 3 with a 24 hour conquest. For the most part we've gone with 12 for speeds 2 and up as the shorter a conquest period is the harder, for lack of a better word, the world is. That being said if there is enough interest we can certainly try for an 8 hour conquest period world again. Though 8 hours is as low as it goes so there won't be any 6 hour conquest worlds for a speed 4 server.

Nothung

Hoplite
Okay thank you for your answer.

I'm agree with you that 6 hours of siege on an x4 makes the game unplayable

Papa Kraken

Hoplite
Conquest duration is not based on the speed of a world but rather is an independent setting. So there could be a speed 1 world with an 8 hour conquest or a speed 3 with a 24 hour conquest. For the most part we've gone with 12 for speeds 2 and up as the shorter a conquest period is the harder, for lack of a better word, the world is. That being said if there is enough interest we can certainly try for an 8 hour conquest period world again. Though 8 hours is as low as it goes so there won't be any 6 hour conquest worlds for a speed 4 server.
Can you then explain why in a looooong time there was no world with 8 hour siege duration despite quite a lot of people asking it in almost every if not every speed 3 or 4 world pre-release discussion thread?