duration of conquest

DeletedUser56753

hi everyone

I noticed that in a world x3, where conquer system is conquest, the duration of the siege is 12 hours. However before, the duration of conquest was 8h for a x3 12h for a x2 and 24h for a x1. In different countries such as Spain or France, this rule is applied. So my question is:

Has this idea / debate been raised between players and staff members?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Conquest duration is not based on the speed of a world but rather is an independent setting. So there could be a speed 1 world with an 8 hour conquest or a speed 3 with a 24 hour conquest. For the most part we've gone with 12 for speeds 2 and up as the shorter a conquest period is the harder, for lack of a better word, the world is. That being said if there is enough interest we can certainly try for an 8 hour conquest period world again. Though 8 hours is as low as it goes so there won't be any 6 hour conquest worlds for a speed 4 server.

DeletedUser56753

Okay thank you for your answer.

I'm agree with you that 6 hours of siege on an x4 makes the game unplayable

DeletedUser56743

Conquest duration is not based on the speed of a world but rather is an independent setting. So there could be a speed 1 world with an 8 hour conquest or a speed 3 with a 24 hour conquest. For the most part we've gone with 12 for speeds 2 and up as the shorter a conquest period is the harder, for lack of a better word, the world is. That being said if there is enough interest we can certainly try for an 8 hour conquest period world again. Though 8 hours is as low as it goes so there won't be any 6 hour conquest worlds for a speed 4 server.

Can you then explain why in a looooong time there was no world with 8 hour siege duration despite quite a lot of people asking it in almost every if not every speed 3 or 4 world pre-release discussion thread?

Sound

Lochagos

conquest duration must be the same speed as the world...because if you put 8h in x4 all people can attack this conquest if you are in 45 people from 64 can send a lot of attacks, and if you put 8h conquest you make the world slow, if people dont have time should go to x2 and x1, the only thing you get is that people who like speed don't play, i dont like 8h and i dont play

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
6 hour sieges aren't unplayable, they require people to be highly active-- which is exactly who should be playing speed 4. I think it makes those speeds more fun, especially if you add in the game-breaking Ares buffs. You wanna sleep and log on later to kill a siege, play speed 1. Or better yet, play revolt. You shouldn't need 6 hours in a fast speed unless you want to give people time to gold out 10+ successive nukes on island.

Sound

Lochagos
if no time you have x2 and x1, i played some worlds with 4h conquest, very fun but only for people with time