Inactive Topic Easier Farming Villages

DeletedUser18627

If you are like me and think the farming villages in Grepolis is one of the most toxic and grinding part of the game than please read the whole thread, if not there is a TL;DR at the bottom you can read to quickly get up to speed.

RANT

I make this thread because it is in my opinion one of the key reasons as to why players quit this game. I know this from my own personal experiance as well as from other players who told me that their reason for quitting is because of this single reason and just how they dont have enough time to be doing it anymore.

As you guys are aware if you want to farm the villages you have to manually click each and every one, which is generally fine when you only have 1 or 2 cities since it is very manageable. However as you get more and more cities it becomes increasingly INFURIATING. It takes so long that after a while you start to wonder 'is this a game or a job?'. This makes having the captain once you pass 3-4 cities pretty much manditory since it allows you to do all the farming villages on the same island all at once. Trust me, if you value your time than you need this.

However even with this, it is not enough. As the number of cities rise into the double digits and onwards even having the captain wont save you from the boring grind of having to spend so much time just clicking your farms. THIS IS NOT FUN. There is no one in this entire game that actually likes sitting there clicking through all the farms! It might be okay at the start when you are getting used to the game but after a while it starts ruining the entire experiance!

Solution:

I can bash on all day about how bad the current system is but there is no point unless I have a viable solution myself, which luckily I do and it is actually pretty simple. You make the current Captain farming village overview free and move it to the center of each island. Like so:

b00b594ed03eece322d5c52c80674222.png

Now in order to compensate you make the current premium 'Farming Villages' overview changed so that rather than do one city at a time, it can do ALL farms from the ALL cities ALL at once at the chosen intervals. So basically all the farms get done with 1 click.

There is two main problems I can think of currently with this:

1) A lot of resources will probably get wasted since it is hard to keep track of everything being done at once, however that risk is up to the person doing it. They can chose to each island individually if they wish as that option is not removed, hell they can even do each village by itself too since that will still be there. Nothing is removed, only a new option is added.

2) The main problem is the academy research 'Villagers Loyalty' since some cities might not have it researched and that could be a problem but this can simply be fixed to only do the cities who share the academy upgrade with the current selected city and switch when a different city is selected, kind of like how the current overlay changes. Or you can just have two options, one to do the standard 5, 20 mins intervals and one for the 10, 40 mins intervals.

End note

Look I know there are other ideas out there that are more elaborate and are more cool but is there anything that is willing to save you as much frustration for the players as this? To make it better, for a somewhat decent coder this should be fairly simple no? There is nothing fancy here and as much as events like the slinger challange and the halloween events and so fourth are fun there is no point to any of it if players stop finding the game fun and more of a chore. Clicking villages is not fun, so please make it less time consuming.

TL;DR

Basically moving the Captains premium feature of doing all villages of an island at once to free and than adding a new premium feature for the Captain where it lets you do ALL islands with 1 click, saving a LOT of time.

Thank you for reading, make sure to post, up vote and share with as many people as possible!!

DeletedUser47981

I love this suggestion and I greatly hope it becomes implemented. I'm a gold user when it comes to having all the advisers. Doing each cities farms is tedious and honestly does feel like a job. I love your suggestion. You have no idea how many of my friends quit because of this. So far 10 people I know personally.

Please implement this! #Share #Grepolife