Easter 2014 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser25660

I had one island quest in 24 hours.... anyone having the same issue??

DeletedUser23986

had you been inactive?

Cause i logged into myonia(after a couple of days) to check recipes, and found i had no new island quests! On other worlds, its fine.

DeletedUser25660

Yes, just got off from 2 weeks VM.

I thought island quests spawn every 8 hrs, I suppose it is also affected by players'a activity (makes sense).

Thanks Hasan!

DeletedUser42857

I think its been a good event, pretty balanced. Yes, gold users can have a slight edge by buying honey to get more blue eggs, but theres still an element of luck. Not like Halloween were they could just buy nukes outright.

I do think some of the variations are odd though. Gold isnt as good as some others.

Blue Egg - 4 good from 5
Mixed Resources, Horses, Building Speed, Population Increase, Weeklong Attack Bonus
Not much wrong with this one, population increase obviously the main one, but building speed, 200 horses, weeklong attack bonus aint bad either. Mixed resources is a bit meh.

White - 4 useful from five
Wood, Swordsmen, Favour, Myridom Attack, Building speed
I actually think this one is better than bronze, and even potentially silver and gold. Swordsmen always useful in new cities, Favour, Myridom, building speed. Apart from wood theres not really a duff reward here

Silver - 4 good from 5
Rock, Archers, Troop Movement, Favor, Faster Recruitment
only really rock thats the duff one here, Archers useful for building, troop movement always helpful to have, recruitment, favor always useful to have in your inventory.

Bronze - 3 useful from 5
Silver, Slings, Recruitment, Trojan Defence, Mixed Resources
Apart from the resource packs, slings, recruitment bonus, trojan defence always useful.

Gold - 1 good from 5, possibly 2
Wood, Silver, Mixed Resources, Double BP, Reduced cost City Festival
This ones really a bit meh. Double BP is of course everyones favourite, but the others, wood, silver, resources. The value of double BP is pretty outweighed by the rubbish resource rewards.

So gold I think is the worst. Sure, Double BP is great, but the penalties for not getting it are lousy.

Gold would have been better if it had been, slingers, swords, archers, heightened senses, cheap festival, and drop the resource packs down to the bronze, silver and white packs.

DeletedUser25660

Culture Level after 40 Eggs

Guys, what does it mean that I will be able to save culture points I already gained? For example, since logging in, I earned about 20 CP... my next level is at culture level 49 = 3384 culture points...

Does this mean that after completing 40 eggs, I will instantly be at 3384 + 20 = 3404 Culture Points??

Thanks guys!

DeletedUser22517

Guys, what does it mean that I will be able to save culture points I already gained? For example, since logging in, I earned about 20 CP... my next level is at culture level 49 = 3384 culture points...

Does this mean that after completing 40 eggs, I will instantly be at 3384 + 20 = 3404 Culture Points??

Thanks guys!

Does not matter mate, you get free cultural level.Lets say your cultural level is 20, after 40 eggs it is gonna be 21.

DeletedUser25660

Does not matter mate, you get free cultural level.Lets say your cultural level is 20, after 40 eggs it is gonna be 21.

Ok, so you are saying that only Cultural Level will change? And the Culture Points will be unaffected?

Mine for example, Im at Culture Level 48, Culture Points is 3282/3384... so my CL will instantly become 49, but CP is as is?

DeletedUser

Thanks guys!

This is what changes:
Jane0qi.png

DeletedUser

well so far ive got 2 population growths on my home city, two heightened senses and about 10,000 swordsmen.

im happy enough. quit moaning. :D

Consider yourself very very lucky. In the small group I work with (5 players), not one player has received the pop growth and only 2 have received a heightened sense. That's out of more than 250-300 eggs now. I don't moan... well not very often :D BUT, how else is grepo going to know what players think? Obviously, this was not play tested because not one player that I have chatted with (besides you) thinks this Easter event is worth their time or gold... and no one claims that they enjoy it. Grepo should know what a big fail this event is so they do not repeat this horrible concept in the future. If you are going to do random ingredients then let players select their rewards. If you are going to do random rewards, then let players select their ingredients.

DeletedUser

I think this event was okay it needs the rewards to be improved but overall it was a good event. it does not give gold users to much of an edge. I also would like to know what everyone else thinks should have been done.

DeletedUser42857

Consider yourself very very lucky. In the small group I work with (5 players), not one player has received the pop growth and only 2 have received a heightened sense. That's out of more than 250-300 eggs now. I don't moan... well not very often :D BUT, how else is grepo going to know what players think? Obviously, this was not play tested because not one player that I have chatted with (besides you) thinks this Easter event is worth their time or gold... and no one claims that they enjoy it. Grepo should know what a big fail this event is so they do not repeat this horrible concept in the future. If you are going to do random ingredients then let players select their rewards. If you are going to do random rewards, then let players select their ingredients.

It was play tested, in Beta/Sandbox worlds.

Look, its free. You are basically getting three extra rewards a day for what? logging in and doing island quests. At worst you are going to pick up a few thousand resources or a few hundred troops, at best, you are going to pick up extra population, extra troops, heightened senses. You are getting something for nothing.

I think where you show your colours is..

" not one player that I have chatted with (besides you) thinks this Easter event is worth their time or gold"

Aha.. so now i get it. You think its rubbish because unlike halloween you cant just buy yourself a Harpy nuke, or a horse nuke. You cant just by whichever rewards you want. The element of luck has been introduced and the gold players dont like that.

But lets face it, halloween was a messup, there were huge nukes going around for weeks afterwards as the gold players just bought nothing but horses and harpy's (of course nothing that some well placed hops and archers cant deal with), or players rocketed up the BP rankings because they "bought" themselves multiple heightened senses. But the halloween event was a farce and it hugely benefited the gold players with money to burn.

I actually think the way inno have done easter has balanced it. There are still benefits to gold players, buying the elusive honey, but it isnt so ridiculously unbalanced that gold players can just buy whatever troops and bonus's they want as long as the credit card can handle it.

Given the choice between this event and the similar event run at halloween, i would take this event every time from the point of view of fairness.

(and while the ingredients are random, you arent forced to spend them straight away, you can actually save them you know till you get the combination you run.)

When all said and done, its SOMETHING FOR NOTHING, but yes, I can see why gold players might not be upset. IT didnt give them the nice big advantage they expected it to do. All those gold guys who have been saving up their pocket money for easter must be very dissapointed.

DeletedUser42857

In the small group I work with (5 players), not one player has received the pop growth and only 2 have received a heightened sense. That's out of more than 250-300 eggs now.

Hang on. 5 players. already 250 eggs. Thats fifty each?

rewards from quests gives 4 eggs a day (12 ingredients per day).
the event has been running since monday, so thats feasibly 22-23 eggs maximum if you had some events stashed prior to event start.

yet the five of you have 250 eggs, or fifty each.

So basically you have been buying eggs.

25 eggs worth, thats 75 ingredients, or 12 ingredients per day you have been buying with gold. at an average of 50 gold per ingredient for level 1, then 100 gold, youve basically been spending, oooh, 600-1000 gold a day buying ingredients.

End of week one you have spent maybe 5000 gold on ingredients? So basically, you spent £20-£30 on gold thinking it would buy you an advantage in the game, and it didnt.

No wonder you are upset, but maybe you shoulda read the wiki before you wasted all that money :D

(or you are completely eggsaggerating about 250-300 eggs ;))

DeletedUser

how often are you getting honey. I am getting none so it is hard to get any good rewards.

DeletedUser30490

same,
got only 2/3 honey i think.
Getting grass like crazy:/