Newspaper Edessa Monthly: It's Back Baby!

DeletedUser

EDDESA MONTHLY!

Greetings everyone, these forums are dying and this is my attempt to try and resurrect these forums! :)

So let's start with a breif top 10:

1. The Rim Team - What can I say? At the top of everything as always; it's just seems as though everybody is too scard to fight them, and those that do lack the firepower and determination needed! Most Fierce fighting force in this world.

2. HARPOON - Holding on their position with ease they seem happy their and not pressuring for top spot yet, so would be interesting to see them push for the spot!

3. Land of Lunacy - Absolute Lunatics getting respectable abp especially when being hit by 4 top 10 alliances so kudos to them!

4. Independant OUTCASTS - Seems they are battling the biggest enemy of the game: inactivity. Also they seem to have majorly contributed to the fall of Thug life!

5. Asgard - Like Outcasts but they don't seem to be having as big of a problem with inactivity and also fought Thug life recently!

6. Misfits of Hades - Not in the greatest position, sharing oceans, rim alliance; lot's of inactives. They look like they will fall very quickly if focused on by the controllers of the oceans these people reside in (Harpoon).

7. The Rim Jobs - With a name like that; they ought to be banned right? Nope they are just part of The Rim Team and it seems not just the players even the In-game moderators are afraid of them!

8. Warriors of Eta - Have really good individual players but as an alliance seem mediocre, jumping into wars where one alliance is already being smashed to get easy cities. Very spread out. Scavengers. low member count. It is just a bad combination.

9. Invicitus - Another Rim alliance atleast they are mostly based together in o53 and o64. No high hopes. Again jumping in on smashed alliances it seems and losing cities to smaller alliances. 1 word to describe these people would just be: Meh...

10. True Fear of Hades - Consider renaming to: Real Power of Stickmen. Another Rim Alliance. They could have a good WW plan by colonizing into o15 so they can build their WWs there :D If they survive till then seem to be handaling their spot and quarrels okay, a step in the right direction but they still have a 1000 more steps to climb so good luck!

WAR NEWS!!!
RAAWWWRRRR!!! oorahh! or whatever your battlecry is!

Looking at the stats:

Land of Lunacy is fighting with: The Rim Team, The Rim Jobs, Scourage, INVICTUS, Ark Angels and the Bacchus family!
Just by looking at their (Land of Lunacy) first colonization page you can see they are being smashed!

MAYATOPIA losing cities to True Fear of Hades and Misfits of Hades. Looks more like they are taking them as internals then anything...

I can't find any other major wars, if there is feel free to let me know about it!

And that's it folks!

I am just kidding; how could I not interview the top 3 alliances?

Interview with #3 Land of Lunacy: Hoppy Roo!
Q1. It seems that Land of Lunacy is only about 2 months old and you already are at 4th place for ABP and 3rd in points, you are only behind TRT and Harpoon. You are also mainly o54/o53 based. Having said that TRT/TRJ have almost 300 cities and harpoon with 160+ How do you feel about the fact that there are so many alliances in your core?

HoppyRoo said:
O54 is a battlefield for sure. It has been since the start of the server, so it doesn't bother us much that it is what it is.

Q2. In terms of Pacts and Enemies, linking back to Q1, on a scale of 1-10 how easy or difficult are you finding to keep peace with Harpoon whilst you are being utterly hammered? (I am not sure how else to describe this)
1 being very pleasant and easy and 10 very pressuring and stressful.

HoppyRoo said:
Peace with Harpoon? That might be a good idea. I should probably give some people there a call.

Q3. Even with a war with 4 diff. alliances attacking you, you are still getting respectable amounts of ABP but where do you think your alliance went wrong in, which started almost like a coalition against you?

HoppyRoo said:
I didn't realize there was a "coalition" against us. I also don't see anywhere we went wrong. My understanding was that this is a war game. I think a lot of alliances in this game decided to play sim city and make deals with alliances such as TRT in exchange for the possibility of joining them late game ( or perhaps just not being attacked for a couple months ). If they all want to be puppets and whatnot, that is fine... I thought most alliances and players would actually start thinking for themselves, and maybe contemplate a shot at winning themselves, but meh... We'll see...

Q4. As many great alliances do, you are facing internal issues of inactivity it is one of the many weaknesses of any alliance. Do you feel that a NAP treaty with TRT/TRJ/Scourage would be worth it, in exchange for your inactives? This has been a very rare tactic among big alliances but has been effective on some ocassions and would also give you some breathing space and time to re-coperate.

HoppyRoo said:
It's not much fun dealing with players leaving. But I don't quite understand how your proposal makes any sense at all... I don't think freely handing over cities to an enemy is a good idea.

Q5. In any server, day by day, the WW era get's closer; assuming you somehow survive the onslaught of your enemies are you plananing on your set up for WW or is that not in your main concerns, the way things are currently going?

HoppyRoo said:
WW islands sound great. I think we should start planning to build world wonders.

Interview with #2 HARPOON: xHeinekenx
Q1. Firstly, your alliance is Harpoon and let's face it there has almost been in an alliance in every world named Harpoon and usually they fail, they are named as MRAs and get the negative image that any MRA would but you have come away from all odds and are currently holding #2 spot in points and Total BP, #3 in ABP. Having said this, you are also the second oldest alliance in the world (1st is TRT) What do you think is the reason TRT have not fallen yet? In grepo history there has only ever been 1 or 2 alliances that have dominated a world from the beginning to the end of WW era.

xHeinekenx said:
HARPOON originated from Rho, i wasn't there, then came to Delphi, where i merged my alliance into them where we had great successes warring with a lot of alliances ending in defeating them completely.
Delphi came to an end and we migrated to Edessa, when Helorus opened some quit here to play the faster world. these are the four worlds the original HARPOON played or plays in.
They usually fail? I dont know about Rho but they stuck to the end, On Delphi we were ranked second before the jump to Edessa.
On Helorus they got a good beating, did they fail? no way , look at where they are now, ranked 4th last time i checked and came back.
HARPOON never quits and never gives up, whatever they say about us.
In the beginning of Edessa we got heat from every angle and were still here.
Not bad for a MRA full of farms and noobs, eh? :D
I guess some got their answer on that one.
TRT is a well organized no BS alliance, they'll be one of the contenders for the win

Q2. In terms of Pacts and Enemies, you would be one of the only alliances who with help from some of the others could take down TRT, but from what stats say you are against this idea; on a side note, while most of the top ten are at war wiith each others you are sticking to clean up duty in your oceans?

xHeinekenx said:
you've been away for a while i guess, lol, yes we have an NAP with TRT, there ya go.
We warred with quite a few alliances in the top ten, Under current and their Rip current, Final destination, Lovers not fighters and their garde du corpse, the three fusions, probably some more that went to oblivion (can't recall) but those were the ones that i can remember at least, we fought them all on our own, no coordinated ops with any other alliance and we know they all shared def tabs so we were not up against one alliance's support.
Now were fighting the japanese alliances.
So yeah were sticking to clean up duty in our oceans, simming around , playing forum games and chat about the weather ;)

Q3. Moving away from TRT, any alliance no matter how big, strong or skilled has always one major issue which is really difficult to deal with, that is inactivity; for you guys at Harpoon how is the situation? How easy or difficult is it to deal with for you guys?

xHeinekenx said:
HARPOON aims to keep things simple thus efficient, go inactive (48 hrs) and you're cities will be put up for takeovers, no gaining in BP also will identify yourself as inactive, booted quite a few for the last reason, these are requirements to be in HARPOON.
So in terms of difficulty, its not for us, everyone knows what happens if you go inactive.

Q4. If you would be so kind would you care to enlighten us on your pacts/NAPs within the top 8 alliances? And refresh us on your current wars if possible please.
I would like to know personally if possible just becuse of the fact I have returned to this world from a long time and reporting would be easier especially as the questions and interview could be more in-depth. Also let me know if you are okay with this question being published as it may hurt your alliance if it was so explictly public!

xHeinekenx said:
We're warring the Japanese alliances at this point (and a few smaller reds in O35/45) have a few skirmishes with Asgard and outcasts but thats not considered a war.
Thats all i have to say on that one.
Pacts, we dont do pacts. Don't believe in pacts, although technically an NAP is a sort of pact , thats all you can get from us.

Q5. And as always there is WW, are you getting Harpoon prep'd for WW or do you think it's still far away and shouldn't really be stressed over?

xHeinekenx said:
One must always have an eye on the WW phase as the time left usually isn't accurate and can start before you know it.
On Delphi for instance 3 months passed in 3-4 weeks.
Yeah of course we have plans on the table but they stay on the table at this point

Interview with #1 and #6 The Rim family: Poopstan
Q1. It seems that you are now running the #1 and #6 alliances (The Rim Team and The Rim Jobs); usually it's very difficult to run alliances like this and usually the founders are in 1st alliance but you seem to be doing a good job at it, how do you it?

Poopstan said:
Like i always do...i am not running anything alone...its a team effort...i help guide the alliances...i do what i can and when i can...and leave nothing to chance...lol

Q2. In terms of Pacts and Enemies, I have previously been in TRT when it was led by Storarus, TRT had very good relations with Scourage and worked closely; Having a change in leadership now, has that been effected in any way? If it has how has it? or do you prefer not to answer it?

Poopstan said:
no our allies are our allies..you know me well enough to know i keep my friends close ..lol..and enemies closer...lol

Q3. TRT has held a very strong grip on this world since the very beginning, it is one of most amazing grepo feats especially to bring and alliance to the top and keep it there for a long time. However, this means there is bound to be an alliance which will try to take you down; are you confident that you can take down anyone who opposes you?

Poopstan said:
I am confident in our abilities. But i am never over confident in any situation...man has to know his limitations...and this one knows it all to well...what is here today can be gone tomorrow ...so we have to work to keep our position and our allies in place and move forward to secure our place in the end.

Q4. I understand you were one of the leaders that excecuted the win of WW era in "The Basterds" in Ithaca, WW is nearing this world ever quicker, are you prepared for it or do you think it is not a big deal and there is still time left for it?

Poopstan said:
you always have to keep a mind on the end game...this game is fluid and plans need to be flexible...players are affected by RL and other things and keeping things simple means that you can build a strong base to move from when you need it...

Q5. Who do you think is the biggest enemy for TRT right now? And could you also refresh us on any on-going wars which you guys are involved in?

Poopstan said:
the biggest enemy to TRT is itself...RL and complacency are the killer of all alliances...this is a marathon... not a sprint...so keeping on top of the curve balls that life and the game throws at you is the most important thing in this kind of game

If you think you are a good player and want to join a premade for the next speed 2 or 3 world: http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?46296-Premade-Perpetual-Death-(Next-Speed-2-World)

And seriously folks that's the end!
Please leave feedback and +rep if you enjoyed it as it helps out alot! took me a few hours to put together the whole thing, and that's excluding the interviews so as i said +reps and constructive critisims help out ALOT!

Disclaimer:
Everything writtern here is designed to make the reader laugh, not to provoke or upset any players, however the interviews are real! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19042

Hey

there was something wrong with BB-codes. I fixed it. (and removed one image ;) )

Nice paper!
+rep!

DeletedUser

thanks!
glad u enjoyed it!
I will change the heading colour in the next edition druvi!

Stirlo

Phrourach
Q1. Firstly, your alliance is Harpoon and let's face it there has almost been in an alliance in every world named Harpoon and usually they fail

The Original HARPOON ( my alliance not people who has stolen the name ) as Hein says have only been in 4 worlds.

Rho - Eventually won it
Delphi - Left in 2nd place to go to Edessa
Edessa - Sitting pretty although i concentrate on Helorus as speed 2 is just too slow.
Helorus - Fastest growing and most active alliance in that world. Took a beating, regrouped, now looking good.

Bit harsh to say we always fail......

Good luck to everyone.

DeletedUser

Q1. Firstly, your alliance is Harpoon and let's face it there has almost been in an alliance in every world named Harpoon and usually they fail

The Original HARPOON ( my alliance not people who has stolen the name ) as Hein says have only been in 4 worlds.

Rho - Eventually won it
Delphi - Left in 2nd place to go to Edessa
Edessa - Sitting pretty although i concentrate on Helorus as speed 2 is just too slow.
Helorus - Fastest growing and most active alliance in that world. Took a beating, regrouped, now looking good.

Bit harsh to say we always fail......

Good luck to everyone.

Maybe I should've rephrased the question, also I respect you guys, but in Rho you were always #2 in EN's shadow, only when they disbanded you won so not sure if you want to count that as a win.

Stirlo

Phrourach
Yeah i think thats a fair comment but that was my first world and a sharp learning curve. Got a lot of respect for EN and even have some in the alliance in Helorus. Hardcore players.

DeletedUser

quite enjoyable--especially the interviews! i didnt know hein had done one! i look forward to the next one. maybe interview different people next time for variety? id like to hear other peoples perspectives/thoughts too ^_^

also, hi Stirlo! we miss all you HARPOON folk from Delphi over in Edessa! glad to see you guys are doing so well :D

DeletedUser

Maybe you should rename it the Edessa 6 monthly :p Was good though

DeletedUser

Hahaha Jono :D
Maybe I should bu then you'd complain why there wasn't one every month ;)

Yeah i think thats a fair comment but that was my first world and a sharp learning curve. Got a lot of respect for EN and even have some in the alliance in Helorus. Hardcore players.

I also play in Helorus ;)
You guys did break the NAP with Slackers and SI and started a war with us maybe you should do that in this world to TRT ;)
Seeing how you guys + GEP/ZEP + 2f2h are still losing a lot of cities to us while we ain't losing to many back is a suprise :D
But hey we will see how long you last in Helorus :cool:

DeletedUser

If you're going to produce a newspaper maybe you should check your facts first or at the very least check stats.
8. Warriors of Eta - Have really good individual players but as an alliance seem mediocre,jumping into wars where one alliance is already being smashed to get easy cities.Very spread out. Scavengers. low member count. It is just a bad combination.

We were already at war with Garde du Corps,Lovers not Fighters and the Death Crusaders and were being attacked by some other alliances when Greek Terror and Greek Terror North (New Greek Terror and Land of Lunacy) broke our pact,they told us they would stay neutral with us,then GT tried to recruit 7 of our members when we refused GT and GTN joined forces with GdC,LnF and TDC started attacking us http://www.grepostats.com/world/en51/alliance/133/colonizations?page=12

I don't know where you get your info from but we did not jump into a war with an alliance that was already getting smashed,GT and LoL chose to start a war with us,we choose to continue it.

DeletedUser

If you're going to produce a newspaper maybe you should check your facts first or at the very least check stats.

We were already at war with Garde du Corps,Lovers not Fighters and the Death Crusaders and were being attacked by some other alliances when Greek Terror and Greek Terror North (New Greek Terror and Land of Lunacy) broke our pact,they told us they would stay neutral with us,then GT tried to recruit 7 of our members when we refused GT and GTN joined forces with GdC,LnF and TDC started attacking us http://www.grepostats.com/world/en51/alliance/133/colonizations?page=12

I don't know where you get your info from but we did not jump into a war with an alliance that was already getting smashed,GT and LoL chose to start a war with us,we choose to continue it.

Would explain why you are losing so many cities ;)
Maybe you could work out someone who would be up for a interview?
It would get repetitive and boring if I was to interview the top 5 alliances, EVERY month. :?

Also Testbej; If I can find one of your posts I'll +rep you! You are the first person who has signed their de-rep towards me! :eek:

DeletedUser

Losing so many Cities? Which stats did you look at? Lol

You must mean the page link I posted? Yes,we did lose some Cities,we were being attacked by 7+ other alliances when GT and GTN took us by surprise and joined the attacks but that was 3 months ago :D

DeletedUser

Also Testbej; If I can find one of your posts I'll +rep you! You are the first person who has signed their de-rep towards me! :eek:
I would like to +rep you now, but it is not possible yet ;)
It's a pure shame to de-rep someone without letting him know who did it.

My reaction was little bit rude because I suspected you to be part of a large alliance trying to provoke a new war and weaken the enemy by propaganda.
It was a very common strategy in Eta World, especially from ... the writer of Eta's newspaper! And I hate this kind of shameful tactics.
Sorry for this, I should have checked it.
Now I know you were just misinformed ;)

We'll gladly agree for an interview, and explain you why we are in so many oceans and why we keep some not very active/useful players (something named "friendship").
But I must warn you: the replies will maybe be very long, as we have a lot of things to say :)

Land of Lunacy is fighting with: The Rim Team, The Rim Jobs, Scourage, INVICTUS, Ark Angels and the Bacchus family!
Just by looking at their (Land of Lunacy) first colonization page you can see they are being smashed!
Land of Lunacy is not fighting INVICTUS and Ark Angels.
But they are fighting us (Warriors of Eta) and they lost 16 cities in May (http://www.grepostats.com/world/en5...se&enemy_alliance=133&min_points=&max_points=), while gaining 4 from our alliance.
Of course they are on war with a lot of alliances, but the war with us started before their war with TRT/TRJ.

DeletedUser

Just a minor note... WoE declared war on LoL... not the other way around...

LoL was officially neutral with you guys when formed ( and I was actually opposed to the GT declaration on you... one of the reason the leaders there booted me... )

------------

edit - and I don't remember GT working with LnF or GdC much at all... not sure where that came from... perhaps you are screwing up dates? the GdC guys joined LoL a little while after the whole breakup of GT... and was a completely unrelated move to anything you are discussing...

DeletedUser15336

HoppyRoo,
Greetings.
Please get your fact straight.
WoETA did not declare war to LoL. LoL did attack us first and supported our enemies ( GT, GTN, GdC, LnF and TDC ) we ask for response to clarified the issue. And instead of clear things the attacks increased.

As a comment, also before LoL was born, Greek Terror Alliance and branches turned into us for no reason, from day to night, from being friends and Allies to be enemies. GT and branches did not have any dignity to at least declare war to us.

Once LoL born, we approach LoL to see their posture toward to us. LoL answer was very clear, we would like to reaming neutral. Then it happen again, we found out that LoL was helping our enemies, then LoL tried to spy our cities and after the attacks happened. Same as the GT and branches did to us in the past.

Respectfully,
Kiryoz

DeletedUser

My facts are straight kiryoz...

Your diplomat Kiyomasa made it clear that WoE declared war on us... We may have hit the attack button first, but that's just good policy based on the obvious indication that you were about to do the same to us...

Either way it's ok mate... Just a game... As a show of good faith, I'm giving you guys a 1 month free pass from LoL... We won't attack you guys for a month... You can do with that whatever you like... Merry whatever holiday it is today... :D

edit - for clarification:

as per support... LoL was not supporting GdC, LnF or TDC ... TDC had already merged into GT by the time LoL was around... and many of them left GT to join us...

LnF was pretty much gone as well...

GdC joined us later and again was totally unrelated... I knew many of those players from the early days of the server with the Gythium Musketeers... Either way, LoL was only supporting GT from TRT attacks...