Egyptian Version

Seriko Lee

Lochagos
It would be interesting to have more than greek gods but dreams will be dreams when asking for something.

Last edited:

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Alright the arguing about random past worlds went on long enough. This thread is about a request for an Egyptian language version or Egyptian mythology based version of Grepolis, definitely one of those two.

0ZZZ

Phrourach
One of the few instances where I agree censorship is appropriate. Going too far off topic. If left unchecked every single thread will devolve into ....
"You suck, no you suck, no you suck... your mom!!" If you have the tools it is better to move things like that to a flame section Vs deleting though.
Telling people no tends to tic them off. Telling people yes you can but you must do that over here is always better received.
This used to be the standard back when consumers were intelligent enough to care more about their free speech.
That is how you could maintain a clean forum without appearing a heavy handed control freak. You go from being the COP giving some one a ticket to being the firefighter that saves your business. Every one loves the fire fighter. Always better to be the hero. It's good PR.

An Egyptian themed grepo similar strategy game is a great idea PG.
Having multiple cultures to choose from a better idea. (maybe the direction you were leaning Seriko?)
Altering units and gods mildly based on the historical culture you choose would make it have substance and not just be a nice reskin.
You could even have the culture choice made by the alliance. So you could have the Hittites Vs the Romans Vs the Egyptians Vs the Babylonians.
Sound a bit familiar? Been done before in a mildly similar game. Great game, but a grepo format using that set up would be a much better game.

Having INO games build it is a terrible idea though unless they also rethink how they govern players.
Current referee staff squashes any innovation. Must attack just like everyone else or you get a warning where they wont tell you exactly how you broke the rule because if you knew the rule you might exploit the rule by following that rule o_O?
Not interested in a new game that enforces mediocrity to protect its "elite" whales with no skill beyond mashing the gold button.

If they returned to something closer to industry standards to govern the new game id spend my money on either an Egyptian or multi culture themed grepo and drag all my friends that quit for the above stated reason with me.

Last edited:

Seriko Lee

Lochagos
One of the few instances where I agree censorship is appropriate. Going too far off topic. If left unchecked every single thread will devolve into ....
"You suck, no you suck, no you suck... your mom!!" If you have the tools it is better to move things like that to a flame section Vs deleting though.
Telling people no tends to tic them off. Telling people yes you can but you must do that over here is always better received.
This used to be the standard back when consumers were intelligent enough to care more about their free speech.
That is how you could maintain a clean forum without appearing a heavy handed control freak. You go from being the COP giving some one a ticket to being the firefighter that saves your business. Every one loves the fire fighter. Always better to be the hero. It's good PR.

An Egyptian themed grepo similar strategy game is a great idea PG.
Having multiple cultures to choose from a better idea. (maybe the direction you were leaning Seriko?)
Altering units and gods mildly based on the historical culture you choose would make it have substance and not just be a nice reskin.
You could even have the culture choice made by the alliance. So you could have the Hittites Vs the Romans Vs the Egyptians Vs the Babylonians.
Sound a bit familiar? Been done before in a mildly similar game. Great game, but a grepo format using that set up would be a much better game.

Having INO games build it is a terrible idea though unless they also rethink how they govern players.
Current referee staff squashes any innovation. Must attack just like everyone else or you get a warning where they wont tell you exactly how you broke the rule because if you knew the rule you might exploit the rule by following that rule o_O?
Not interested in a new game that enforces mediocrity to protect its "elite" whales with no skill beyond mashing the gold button.

If they returned to something closer to industry standards to govern the new game id spend my money on either an Egyptian or multi culture themed grepo and drag all my friends that quit for the above stated reason with me.
You are right , that will be quite interesting and many may like the new type of gaming world.