Eliminating Morale

• Thread starter DeletedUser41523
  • Start date

DeletedUser41523

With the slow growth of En98 and other morale worlds in the past. It might be time to consider ending the morale setting entirely. There used to be a market for morale worlds of various settings, even those considered to be the worst of settings. But it seems that time has passed or will soon be past entirely. The overwhelming amount of people in morale worlds are gold traders. I don't see that changing ever to be honest.

With the slower release rate and inno's refusal to transfer gold and merge the lesser servers back to En, that doesn't leave a large variety of demand left for worlds. The build/unit speed settings alone are still enough to allow new players a chance to learn as not many good players will want to play slower settings. So what's really the purpose of morale? Except now to make others groan at a server with otherwise good settings such as Rhodes. If its that much of a turn off for the community then should it even be continued anymore?

DeletedUser50833

Agreed .
But considering Inno doesnt listen and understands only after screwing things , I think they will learn eventually.

DeletedUser35069

Morale didn't seem to bad 3/4 years ago saw a few tactics back then but not the way we do on the most recent servers. Now all that happens is an alliance leaving one "player" (and i use that term loosely) as a low morale player with a handful of cities. A couple of botters for close attack and mainly support and the player being attacked might as well just log off for the day. Morale went from being a tool to help new slower starters to something that made the game easier for cheats.

DeletedUser41523

Morale settings are simply another tactic in a very complex game. Some worlds have active morale and that changes the way you play, for example a proxy war using spiked farms.

Were you drunk when you wrote the original post?

Nah Wiccy I was sober. I get the tactics behind it, I obviously don't mind morale considering i'm willing to play it and we've played two together. My point here is that morale worlds are losing their popularity and steam a bit. So maybe its time to switch them off and move away from them.

DeletedUser39822

My point here is that morale worlds are losing their popularity and steam a bit.

The game as a whole has lost its popularity and steam.......even though I am not a fan of morale, dropping morale as an option will not attract more players. If anything it will lose the players that rely on morale and further diminish the product.

DeletedUser41523

Though morale doesn't bug me at all. I'd disagree. I think that problem can be solved by the community. It's on us to train new players and create environments for them to have fun in. We can either ruin this game or make it special. And the opportunities are there, Turtle Time on Olous was designed to have fun with newer players who can pick up the game quickly. Based on what I've seen in the past, Slyther/N in the premade section wants to do that too.

But it's also on inno to create an environment where experienced players will go to help. I'm not saying make every world a 3/3 world. Just make them more competitive because that's where the market is geared now anyways. Leave the rest to the community, id like to think we'd do a hell of a job.

DeletedUser11886

As someone that has just returned to the game in en98, morale is definitely something that I need. Otherwise, the top 12 could easily just expand outwards and crop out anyone that might pose as a threat.