Passed End Game Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I have never played it past four months (mostly due to RL issues). But if I got to the end of the wonders stage I would want game changed to Private (maybe even when Wonders stage starts) and a 170 hours countdown shown in the game (regardless of speed).

When countdown ends a 90 day counter starts (30 days for speed 3):
<1> All players receive an extra 300 Culture Points each day that they are on.
<2> Speed of the game is increased by 1 every 3 days (or every 1 day for Speed 3) to Speed 30.
<3> Winners of the WW stage get a tactical advantage over all other players left (perhaps double farm resource rate).

Last edited by a moderator:

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I agree with the WW giving an advantage during the endgame but I'm not sure the speed part can be changed without resetting the world. Also even if it could people join slower speed worlds for a reason so idk if people in a speed 1 world would want their endgame to be sped up to the 30's as they probably play on a slower world due to time restraints.

DeletedUser

A funny thought occurred... would VM disable for players already in VM at the time wonders are completed? Some players could get irate over that.

DeletedUser

I like the no alliances part, it gives more of an edge. Good idea +rep from me.

DeletedUser6983

This would be entertaining. I think we should try it out on the Beta server to see how things work out :)

DeletedUser

What about a the wonders are over every player gets 500,000 points with lets say 40 cities...Then everyone would have a fair start and also this idea is great..

DeletedUser

Only part I disagree with is that VM would be disabled.

1) Players spend gold on VM, which makes VM days a currency. Taking away this 'currency' would short-change paying players.
2) Grepolis must be 2nd after RL. Taking away VM would reduce the truth of that statement.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
The reason for the no VM is so the players with a ton of points can't just go hide in VM so they don't lose cities and get a place in the top 10 without doing anything.

DeletedUser

Agree with you Criss2128, disbanding alliances is not helping!

DeletedUser30490

So what happens to the WW??
WW gives bonuses to alliances right so if alliances are disbanded who gets the bonuses?
And as wiki states:
Alliance Disbanding
Should an alliance disband, or be disbanded, all Wonders under its control will be lost. This is total demolition of the entire Wonder and all built levels. Additionally, the merging of two alliances will also result in this happening. The alliance merging into the other alliance would have to disband in order for its members to join the newly merged alliance.

Also, if the alliance building the wonder loses all of its cities on that island, then the Wonder will be completely demolished as well.

When the alliances disband the WW will be destroyed if so whats to use of spending resources,time to make the WW and also the loss of troops.
An abuse would also be some players may just sit back build there army's and CS and wait untill the other players finish building the 7 WW so that after they build and the 2 weeks end they could easily just attack them and get the gold

DeletedUser

I like the Idea, Make the ending of the game not so dreadful, And instead of thinking "Great i played this for 2 years just for the world to die" you can try and Finish the fight yourself and rule that world. As for the alliances i do think they should be disbanded. These WW winning players are going to be the top players and if you put say 20 of them together with no limits then noone will stop them. The only thing that kept them from doing that earlier was lack of city slots due to small alliance sizes. Make everyone fight on their own and defend their own empire by themselves. It has nothing to do with the concept of grepolis as it is a End game feature. The world was already won by the alliance who completed the 7 WW's. This is just a fun way to finish on a world instead of watching it disinigrate basically. ++

DeletedUser

There would be nothing forcing players to attack each other. Many players use external chat programs (Skype/chatzy/etc), so they would still be able to communicate without an alliance.. if players have played together for so long that they have become friends, they could still play together and carry on fighting others. If they wanted a challenge, though, they could choose to fight against each other without the restraints of being in the same alliance.

Not to Double post but also to this. I have played with my alliance for a long time and im good friends with almost everyone in it now. BUT with that being said there are a few members in my alliance, perferably my leaders that i would love to have the chance to attack and prove that i am better then them. Being able to conquer the guys who either tought you or helped you get to where you are would be awsome. Everyones had to have that moment when you bicker between your alliances as to who could beat who

EDIT***

"By that logic, you can just "trust" people not to cheat and that in game moderators are not needed. But that just doesn't happen. People WILL cheat to try to gain an unfair advantage, just like people WOULD make informal alliances to gain an unfair advantage. "

In reply to this, They might be informal alliances but who says that it will be with their alliance? This is a chance for you to work with anyone. I could pick one of the top players from my rival alliance who has good skills and could take out my prior members. It doesnt mean that alliances are going to work within their own alliances. They might pick two elite people and make an informal NAP or something along those lines.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27700

I like this. I have not had the chance to go for WW quite yet, but it does not sound exciting to me.
This idea does

DeletedUser

+1 for me,

If this had existed on Rho I suspect a lot of players would not have gone inactive and a lot of great player may still be playing the game.
A lot left as the enemies were so far spread it was taking 30+ hours TT for some operations etc
To be able to turn and fight friends all with in a close proximity would have been great fun, be like back to the start of the server but have large armies to fight with, after all ....
:pro:

DeletedUser

This Improvement has been passed, and I will send it on to the devs.

Thank you all for your participation!

~ Ideas Team

Status
Not open for further replies.