End of Black Shadows

DeletedUser

I should go on vacation mode more often if when I come back the champ is down.

DeletedUser

So Black Shadows was a fail

I would not say that. It dominated the rankings for a good month and a half. they had their faults, but they succeeded at that. Lots of BP to.

If you judge long term though, no. They did not conquer the 4 core oceans, which was their goal, and they died.

DeletedUser6983

They didnt Fail, they just busted. They were great. Anyone know why Dai went into Vaca anyway??? he just kinda dissappeared...

DeletedUser10081

They didnt Fail, they just busted. They were great. Anyone know why Dai went into Vaca anyway??? he just kinda dissappeared...

mabe he went on a lst minute trip and jumped into vaction mode at the last minute

Anyway without him the alliance failed as he was the heart and soul of the alliance

DeletedUser

He wasn't having fun.... atleast thats what someone told me. then some other player played his account... i have no idea when the switched happened. then #2 left.

DeletedUser

the matter of the fact is, they failed. Sure they owned kappa for a month but whats the point of having an alliance for only a month? To me, thats not exactly successful.

DeletedUser

From what I heard the manure hit the fan in real life and he had to call it a break for a bit. Then decided that real life needed more attention and so didnt come back.

Black Shadows I think was a great alliance at the start. No matter what the bashers here say. Personally I think they are just jealous. I have tangled with a couple of them and it was extremely fun. But those that know me ingame know I am a warmonger and do whatever I can to fight.

The reason I think they were a great alliance was they had pretty much every other alliance scared of them. you may deny it but with those group forums on how to take them down (senate and the bs secret forum) pretty much say its true. Any alliance that can strike fear in others so they try to band togeather (even though very little was done in these forums for the most part and they were rarely updated) to target them to me is a success. NO MATTER HOW LONG THEY LAST!

The things that I figured was kind of rotten though were if one guy was getting conquered and there was no assistance in time the player was kicked from BS to hide thier stats. or the trolling for small cities for easy conquests but that was more near the end.

What I am interested in right now is, is the same thing going to happen to VRoK? The leader there is rubbing everyone around him the wrong way. I have heard massive grumbling about him and how his diplomacy skills need work. I am unsure on this alliance as I have seen them get cleared out of an ocean pretty much due to one player taking their cities in that sector and they cleared by kicking players out that were in reach of that player.

I know this is a BS thread if you want you can create a new thread to respond to my VRoK comments.

DeletedUser

The reason I think they were a great alliance was they had pretty much every other alliance scared of them. you may deny it but with those group forums on how to take them down (senate and the bs secret forum) pretty much say its true. Any alliance that can strike fear in others so they try to band togeather (even though very little was done in these forums for the most part and they were rarely updated) to target them to me is a success. NO MATTER HOW LONG THEY LAST!

I argue that. Sure, in the beginning i was scared of them. However, once we faced a couple of them, I laughed. They didn't support each other. Sure, by themselves they were formidable enough. But as an alliance? They failed. We cleared 044 of them, and didn't lose a single city. Why? Because they didn't work together.

Also, Kad's forum was updated. I was not in the senate, so i have no idea about that. Plus, every good alliance tries to do something similar in wars. You try to figure out their times, what cities are attack, which ones are defense, etc. It's no different.

DeletedUser

kads forum was rarely updated. the last month or so it was a ghost town with only the mention of deadly angels becoming friends and deli and bs merge which created chillax and sandwiches.

dunno about O44 as I was a ways away from that ocean. I fought a couple as I said and they put up a decent fight.

as for them not working togeather at all.. no way they would have stayed at the top for the month and a half they were there if they had total lack of cohesion.

I reiterate.. if my alliance had 6 other alliances joining togeather to take us out I would rate my alliance a success. Doesnt matter if we got mowed through or lasted till the end of the game.

just my thoughts on it though :)

DeletedUser

deli and bs merge which created chillax and sandwiches.

I don't have any idea what being a titan means, but it sure cannot mean knowing things, because talking about a merge is very incorrect as we founded just another alliance with has nothing to do with those two alliances :p

DeletedUser

Well Daizan left and all the members basically decided to stop working with each other and were like "hey we can do whatever the Hell we want" No one was listening to the mods, any new rules posted were not followed and since Daizan wasn't around to enforce the rules no one got punished. I eventually got tired of it all so i left. The Alliance is still a good one, but it doesn't have the people it should have had. All the originals (me, Daizan, Fingolfin, Hads, Valzer, TK etc etc) all left so there was no point in staying any longer.

Hmm, so it was a leadership problem...

And that leads me into my next point, leadership. The leaders of this alliance have to be highly experienced and 100% dedicated for an alliance like this to even have a chance at succeeding. If they are not the slightest bit up to scratch then other players, who know what good leadership is from their other worlds, will see this as a weakness and may even leave the alliance. Believe you me, at points you will have everyone wanting to be a leader, then at others you will have no leadership at all.

;)

DeletedUser

I reiterate.. if my alliance had 6 other alliances joining togeather to take us out I would rate my alliance a success. Doesnt matter if we got mowed through or lasted till the end of the game.

just my thoughts on it though :)

So Germany during WW II was a raving success.

DeletedUser13716

I absolutely agree, OKCAdonis, I think if all our alliances were judged on number of enemies, Grepolis would be a very unenjoyable game (D)

DeletedUser

as for them not working togeather at all.. no way they would have stayed at the top for the month and a half they were there if they had total lack of cohesion.

like i said, that was my experience... just 044 speaking there. plus, only 2 alliances were actually in full blown war and taking a decent amount of cities.

DeletedUser6156

dont flatter yourselves
the sole reason for bs falling apart was the loss of daizan in my opinion

DeletedUser

dont flatter yourselves
the sole reason for bs falling apart was the loss of daizan in my opinion

The sole reason for BS falling apart when it did. however, had it lasted another month or two, BS would have been goners. 044 had already been cleared of BS. Except for 1 player with bad cities.

DeletedUser

this is real life? wow I missed that memo. Dude I dont talk about real world politics in here or anything that has anything to do with country bashing. People bringing stuff that relates to real world politics in my mind have a hard concept of reality vs make believe. If your going to reply to my entries use common sense and stay away from real life.

I dont tolerate any form of country bashing. Plus real world stuff has nothing to do with online games in my opinion. If your going to comment on something use the game as a reference.

DeletedUser11965

with BS Chillax is rising...we'll need to stop them...only 55 members average: 30k+ >.< all pros..