Enemy going on Vacation - Easy to spot and exploit

DeletedUser829

Today I targeted a city with a 12 hour attack and it told me: The player is on Vacation.

I thought that was strange because I launched a 2 hour attack on him minutes earlier and it worked. So I started to play around with finding out exactly when his vacation started. As soon as I figured it out I notified my alliance about it and we started planning on sending additional CS's to him knowing NO ONE would be able to break them as they will land just before he hits vacation and attacks cannot be sent afterwards.

You cannot SUPPORT or ATTACK a current conquest if it's going on while a person is in Vacation.

Seems kind of buggy. Now I know to do this to players every day to see if their vacation flag is switched on (especially going into long weekends).

DeletedUser42486

"easy to spot"?

i think not, took you well over 4½ years to figure this one out. ( really ?! )

i doubt this is a bug, it just prevents people running into vm everytime things get heated, without any chance of getting punished for it :)

this just benefits the active and dedicated players who wants to seek out the information and punish his enemy, and well deserved.

-case closed

DeletedUser27128

I dont think its a bug, its a useful feature. Otherwise everytime someone would get attacked, they would simply go into VM and not lose their city. This adds fun to the game.

DeletedUser21784

well I second Gulio's comment, because it is unbalanced between conquest worlds and revolt worlds.

In revolt worlds, a city takeover has to be completed before VM kicks in (enemy can't even launch a CS if it would land after VM kicked in). The attacked player can defend his city as usual.
In conquest worlds, the 12 hours conquest as such takes place while the attacked player already is in VM (if the enemy CS lands only 1 second before VM kicks in). This should not be possible because it favours the attacker in an unfair way.

In conquest worlds a player who is in pre-VM should be able to actively snipe an incoming CS or to break a siege in his own city up to the very moment his VM kicks in. He should be able to attack his own cities, even if his LS land after VM kicked in. This way it would be a little more difficult for the enemy to keep their siege safe and the chances would be equally dstributed. As it is now, the enemy is clearly in advantage.

Just my 2 cent.