Eow no more

DeletedUser

Yes, StillSetanta is gone. He had RL family health issues.

woeisme and I are the only two founders in NOW. woeisme handles the diplomacy. I preside over the pub.

FWIW, I've been playing games like this for more years than i'd care to admit. woeisme and StillSetanta are among my alltime top five tribemates/alliance-mates.

DeletedUser10416

Really?

Seemed to me like he dragged EOW into a war which he couldn't be bothered to face, then quit leaving everyone to it.

Not to mention he was very very rude. At the start of TBDI/EOW conflict all he did was send Silentrain abusive messages with his monkeys Sdlake and Celticus2010, insulting her grammar and calling her names for literally no reason other than a refugee claim....

He was full sh*t, a cowardly player with more bark than bite.

Must say though, it's nice to see EOW carry on under a new order. You all seem like a much nicer bunch to speak with.

DeletedUser

the TW breakup affected me too, so im not saying something shouldnt be done about it, but what if a founder goes inactive, then the alliance cant be disbanded

From my knowledge (may not be 100% accurate), but if the founder(s) go inactive, a poll can be requested to be set up for the alliance to choose a new Founder.

DeletedUser

Trust me, there were very serious RL issues. He loved the conflictual side of this game, as do woeisme and I, though (as you've noted) we may speak more softly.

DeletedUser

Really?

Seemed to me like he dragged EOW into a war which he couldn't be bothered to face, then quit leaving everyone to it.

Not to mention he was very very rude. At the start of TBDI/EOW conflict all he did was send Silentrain abusive messages with his monkeys Sdlake and Celticus2010, insulting her grammar and calling her names for literally no reason other than a refugee claim....

He was full sh*t, a cowardly player with more bark than bite.

Must say though, it's nice to see EOW carry on under a new order. You all seem like a much nicer bunch to speak with.

yah AB has always been considerate of its enemies (except to MAP) and santa was still a little rude

From my knowledge (may not be 100% accurate), but if the founder(s) go inactive, a poll can be requested to be set up for the alliance to choose a new Founder.

oh seriously? thats good to know, well maby there should be a majority vote for disband then

DeletedUser

StillSetanta may have been a little abrasive as a diplomat, but his BP stats dont suggest cowardice.

DeletedUser

Spies or Cowardice

There are different views on the matter of spying, and nobody likes to be the victim of it - it makes them look foolish. However, since spies are sent & part of the game, isn't spying via infiltration simply a realistic part of the game too?

I think it is, like it or not. It is a type of weapon. Is is historical. It is also a way for weaker alliances to try to level the playing field...and a way by which the stronger alliances also can overturn enemies.

As we have all seen, the traditional "honor" aspects of the days of chivalry have not occured yet in the Greco-BC era, and besides, few really adhere to it anymore, anyway. The game is like a no-holds barred fight, and complaining about it doesn't help when you try to merely box & your opponents use full-body tactics.

BTW - I too know the trouble of spying & traitors, as an alliance I once had got disbanded via a traitor who manipulated the other cofounder after I refused to allow known enemy spies & enemy leaders to enter the alliance & have leadership positions. So, yeah, I would eagerly like "disband" to be a voting matter, as it too involved the other cofounder leaving the game. In that case, he left w/o giving a rats-butt about what happened to all the members during a time of war, not so much as opening my PMs about the matter.

Last edited by a moderator: