Newspaper Ephesus Times

DeletedUser

Welcome To Ephesus Times Issue 1

First we will start with the alliance ranking and War Updates.

Rankings

Rank Name Points Players Average points
1/ Santa Army/ 58564/ 99/ 592
2/ Mighty Phalanx/ 39056/ 77/ 507
3/ Honour and Power/ 37343/ 64/ 583
4/ The Pirates/ 30283/ 68/ 445
5/ Lords Of Loyalty/ 27638/ 49/ 564
6/ Pilgrim Soldiers/ 25138/ 50/ 503
7/ The Evil Ones/ 24830/ 66/ 376
8/ Death Faction/ 19484/ 46/ 424
9/ D3th/ 16532/ 49/ 337
10/ Shadow Legion/ 15962/ 43/ 371

WAR

So far I know of one war....The Pirates vs Internal Suffering

I interviewed them both and got the details you only see on....Ephesus Times

Interview of A sense of place(Leader of Internal Suffering)
Questions in reg.
Answers in bold

1. How did this war get started?
1. This war was started when their leader, TysonK, started annoying geko aabout us merging into them. Then he he delclared official war after seeing how MRA they are.

2. Do you feel they have the advantage do to size?
2. Not at all. We have complete activity, and everyone knows MRA have barely any players that actually help out in alliance activities.

3. What are your strategies to win this war?
3. Well honestly it's right now juts a verbal war, however I'm trying to get another alliance to help as a little backup. Think we'll win after getting rid of the few active players and getting the noobs to follow.

4. Since you declared the war when do you plan to strike?
4. Plan to strike as soon as everything is in place. If you think your alliance wants to help win the first war in ephsus, let me know!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interview of Tyson K(Leader of the Pirates)

1.The war started when the founder of that alliance told me that we will be destroyed..lol
(Next I will put the message between geko and him starting this war..Read from bottom to top)

geko4740 on 2011-12-13 at 15:38
yeps

Tyson K on 2011-12-13 at 15:38
Sure:))))

no thanks. we will destroy you

Tyson K on 2011-12-13 at 15:37
Bye and stop any message to me and my alliance.

geko4740 on 2011-12-13 at 15:35
oh my gosh, ur such a noob! bp = well, ill let you figure that out. we dont wanna give our enemies any secrets, now do we?

Tyson K on 2011-12-13 at 15:35
bp=????????(Tyson is from a diff. country and didnt know the abreviation)

geko4740 on 2011-12-13 at 15:34
alrighty then. prepare for your doom after bp!!!

Tyson K on 2011-12-13 at 15:32
Sorry but a pact doesn't help the alliance.An alliance communicates better when it is one not 2 or 3.

geko4740 on 2011-12-13 at 15:23
pact is a yes if you want it.

Tyson K on 2011-12-13 at 15:21
Ok!

geko4740 on 2011-12-13 at 15:10
just talked with my colleague, and he said that its a definate no go. i havent heard back about the pact yet, but ill be standing by.

Tyson K on 2011-12-13 at 15:05
We have a pact with a big alliance.If you wanna merge it is ok,if you not it is also ok.We just wanna make a big alliance.A merge it is an advantage for we,not just for my alliance so i wait your final decision!

geko4740 on 2011-12-13 at 15:01
so do i. we will start off with a pact. if things start going as good as you say they will, we will consider the merge more. deal?

Tyson K on 2011-12-13 at 14:15
Yes but you are small.You will be safe with us..We wanna be the best in this world beacause we have many tactics to do this.Please take the best decision for you and your alliance.We are in top 7 and with you we will be stronger than all enemies.I wait an answer!

geko4740 on 2011-12-13 at 07:06
no, thats quite alright. we just want a pact. that is all.

Tyson K on 2011-12-13 at 02:15
Hei..do you wanna move over to us?Take your alliance and join us to be stronger.Now we are small and we have not chances to survive with the other alliances from top.I think this is a good idea.I wait your answer.

2. Do you feel you have the advantage against a much smaller alliance?
2.Yes we have the advantage but he doesn't believe this..:))

3. What are your strategies to win this war?
3.We don't need any strategies to destroy them..

My Opinion-Wow funny how geko would start war over a pact against an alliance much bigger but we'll see!
Interviews

Interview of #1 ranked player Eclipse

1. How do you feel about being the highest pointed player.

1. Honestly, the ranking is meaningless to me. You can be ranked #1 or #100. It's about how you conduct yourself in-game, with your alliance and against your enemies. The number in front doesn't mean anything unless you demonstrate that you are deserving or maybe even more deserving of a higher rank. At the moment, I don't feel like I'm the #1 player. I just feel like going to a tropical resort and relaxing after working the fields farming my butt off for resources. I suppose there's some level of personal satisfaction knowing how to build a city faster than everyone else, but it's just a single, lonely number.

2. Is there any player you think that has potential to rip your spot.
2. I think almost everyone who puts in the time and effort could be the top player. In terms of just points, I've been battling several players, such as g. husk, rnoftall, Forseti, and ngc4258 for the rank in the past 24 hours. It's realistic for someone to pass me, I don't expect to maintain this top spot for a length period of this early in the game, especially when the completion of one building can put you ahead.

3. Who do you think the best player in Epseus is
3. I can't tell. I don't really know anyone who joined Ephesus, so can't really comment on any specific player's skill level. Time will tell, however.

4. If someone attacked you when BP ended what would you do
4.They wouldn't live to see another day in this world.

5. Are you a fan of the Twilight series
5.No, I've never read the books or watched a second of the movies. If you must know, I named myself after the Eclipse gum brand 2 years ago when I first joined Grepolis and couldn't think of a username. I saw Eclipse gum on my desk, so there you have it!"
Random top ten alliance interview
Interview of Rising Legacy(Founder of Honour and Power)

1.Do you have any enemies right now.
1. Enemies? Too early. I have considerations definitely, and I know there is one alliance that views Honour and Power as a threat. But enemies? Not until BP is over ;)

2. Who do you feel is the bigest threat to your alliance.
2. Biggest threat would have to be Santa Army at this point in time. Check out my island and you'll see an example on why haha.

3. Rank the top five alliances to you right now
Santa Army - They might look MRA like at the moment, but they certainly have the potential and players there to cause a lot of damage in the future.

Lords of Loyalty - These guys are, I feel, severely underrated. They're a solid group of players, some of whom I have played alongside on my previous world.

Honour and Power - I hate talking about myself and my alliance because I always feel like an when I do. But HaP do need mentioning for the sake of the great personalities that are there. I personally feel we have a good mix of experience and potential here, and the attitude of the players at this time is fantastic <3

Pilgrim Soldiers - Despite their early mishap with what happened at Shadow Legion, they are recovering well. It will be interesting to see where they go from this point.

Mighty Phalanx - Although they have a child alliance, Mighty Phalanx themselves are looking to be quite good. I can't say much here since I haven't really looked into them all that much, but they've reached third on the ranking so they can't be doing too badly.

Random interview of an alliance not in top ten
Interview of D-Fek Founder of Ephesus

1. How did you come up with your awesome name?
1. I didn't know what to name my first option was Spartans but its so over used and i was winging it and like ima name it after the world and it stuck Ephesus.

2. What does your alliance plan to do when bp is over.
2. Right now im am getting plenty of merging requests i have in line a merge with The Piratesbut i am starting to think it would be best at another time i have yet to inform my alliance and them of this.

3. Is your alliance agressive or peaceful
3. We will be peaceful if we get attacked and we think we stand a chance we will retaliate but i don't like war personally. I am not a pacifist.

4. Do you think of your alliance as an underdog team, that invites any one and is very unorganized(explain)
4. NO, i have this alliance organized to the best it can i may be new but i am trying once i feel we have a good amount of members i will start to tell my men to use the alliance template i have created. It is in affect now.

Thats all for today folks....the next issue will be posted on my previous tab
Any alliance members or leaders wanting to announce wars and get interviewed message me in-game

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A bit long, block of text. But good interviews and news.

DeletedUser

Thanks but what do you mean "block of text"
I know it was long because of the forward message between geko and tyson

DeletedUser

There were no visuals, no charts, maps or graphs.

Also, how do you make your spoiler in your signature say "siggey"?

DeletedUser

I know next one will be better but sorry I don't know a mod did it for me

DeletedUser

how do you make your spoiler in your signature say "siggey"?

DeletedUser

sorry I don't know a mod did it for me

Just added to more things after Tyson k and gekos message check it out

DeletedUser

can u change my alliance name to EPHESUS please it would be much appreciated and for some odd reason i think its totally cool your doing this and im in the first issue thank you by the way for this opportunity.
~D-Fek

DeletedUser

A bit long dev
pun

DeletedUser19523

Interview of Tyson K(Leader of the Pirates)
[/B]

1.The war started when the founder of that alliance told me that we will be destroyed..lol
(Next I will put the message between geko and him starting this war..Read from bottom to top)

yeps

Tyson K on 2011-12-13 at 15:38
Sure:))))

no thanks. we will destroy you

Tyson K on 2011-12-13 at 15:37
Bye and stop any message to me and my alliance.

geko4740 on 2011-12-13 at 15:35
oh my gosh, ur such a noob! bp = well, ill let you figure that out. we dont wanna give our enemies any secrets, now do we?

Tyson K on 2011-12-13 at 15:35
bp=????????(Tyson is from a diff. country and didnt know the abreviation)

geko4740 on 2011-12-13 at 15:34
alrighty then. prepare for your doom after bp!!!

Tyson K on 2011-12-13 at 15:32
Sorry but a pact doesn't help the alliance.An alliance communicates better when it is one not 2 or 3.

geko4740 on 2011-12-13 at 15:23
pact is a yes if you want it.

Tyson K on 2011-12-13 at 15:21
Ok!

geko4740 on 2011-12-13 at 15:10
just talked with my colleague, and he said that its a definate no go. i havent heard back about the pact yet, but ill be standing by.

Tyson K on 2011-12-13 at 15:05
We have a pact with a big alliance.If you wanna merge it is ok,if you not it is also ok.We just wanna make a big alliance.A merge it is an advantage for we,not just for my alliance so i wait your final decision!

geko4740 on 2011-12-13 at 15:01
so do i. we will start off with a pact. if things start going as good as you say they will, we will consider the merge more. deal?

Tyson K on 2011-12-13 at 14:15
Yes but you are small.You will be safe with us..We wanna be the best in this world beacause we have many tactics to do this.Please take the best decision for you and your alliance.We are in top 7 and with you we will be stronger than all enemies.I wait an answer!

geko4740 on 2011-12-13 at 07:06
no, thats quite alright. we just want a pact. that is all.

Tyson K on 2011-12-13 at 02:15
Hei..do you wanna move over to us?Take your alliance and join us to be stronger.Now we are small and we have not chances to survive with the other alliances from top.I think this is a good idea.I wait your answer.

that is not how the war started. i will send the REAL message that started it. at that point, we were just pullin' his leg. lol

DeletedUser

For ep 2,call the thread the Ephesus Times Edition 2 or something like that.

DeletedUser

Maybe less interviews and more world news. Overall it is a nice paper. We will see how you do with the paper in the upcoming weeks.

DeletedUser21770

I agree, more world news (although up until today there hasn't been much to say about the world).

However, seeing as how it's your first paper, it's quite good =]

DeletedUser

Good job for a first effort. Could have a noob of the week article ie attacking without ls and the wars/top12 should be at the bottom of the article. Great work though.