Epsi 2.0

DeletedUser

A lot of people don't like 2.0 and might quit if it becomes introduced to the 1.26 worlds.

DeletedUser

A lot of people don't like 2.0 and might quit if it becomes introduced to the 1.26 worlds.

I tried a 2.0 world. It is terrible, just recently deleted my account... It's very buggy, you have to refresh the browser to check if there are any new reports etc. If you click on the "city overview" option, it just brings up a "window" rather than refreshing. Every time you click on a new option, (ie barracks from the city overview screen) it doesn't replace the current window, it creates a new window. The farming system makes you waste tons of resources on rebuilding troops early on, that could be spent on advances etc. to get going quicker. It is awful for scanning oceans to look for targets... The list goes on and on...

I know I'll just quit if this world disappears... I've invested too much time in this world to simply start anew in another one... If I were to do that, I might as well try a new game.

DeletedUser

There is a way to have less/more windows when you open something new, but that doesn't change the fact that 2.0 is crap, slow and a pain to use. Especially without premium if you have incoming attacks it isn't as obvious as to which cities they are heading to.

DeletedUser14937

Discuss it here :)

I've moved the related posts from the other thread to here.

DeletedUser

2.0 looks certain. New players have the same weight in their vote as we, long term players do, so it is likely they will all vote yes. and they outnumber the Vets. This is why the dutch servers were updated. I was looking at the Theta forums and saw this. So bye bye 1.26

DeletedUser

As soon as 2.0 came out I knew that at one point they would either merge worlds together or figure out a way to upgrade to it. All online games seem to do this. Also a word of advice be very very good because they will get rid of you just so there will be one less account to transfer over.

DeletedUser14937

Don't discuss how someone can cheat on the poll, keep it to yourself please :).

DeletedUser

Shouldn't the poll be deemed inaccurate? Considering the fact some people have voted 20+ times.

DeletedUser

So we cannot say the poll is rigged towards 2.0, but it can still happen?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

When I saw this thread I was wondering how the hell I managed to make a thread while I was offline. Then I saw iCyber's post :D

As I have said in another thread:
Leave 2.0 off the old worlds. Broad overview of reasons:
- Layout is crap
- It's slow
- Hate the farming
- I find The Phoenician Trader to be useless
- Hate the windowed view for things

DeletedUser

All good reasons. I don't mind 2.0 but I like epsilon as it is and the update would cause a lot of players to leave grepolis entirely.
Can't the 1.26 worlds just be left alone as no one would join updated versions as there are newer worlds coming out all the time?

DeletedUser14385

from what the dutch guys are saying it doesnt matter what the poll says as its just to placate the 1.26 die hards, that it was voted in regardless of the fact of the voting being flawed or the wording being quite frankly disgraceful is irrelevant because we're getting it whether we like it or not

you can say what you want about "outspoken minorities" but the feeling on this forum and ingame is that the updates are mainly unwanted, there's no way on earth that the poll would be yes if it was fair and its clear that there's still a huge demand for 1.26 servers, im sure if once the update goes through if you opened a 1.26 map it would fill up in record time

DeletedUser

Yeah, surely if we have had 1.26 and 2.0 running at the same time as we have been doing it would be fine.
I don't mind not having massive pumpkins floating in the oceans, and if people do want that they can use the 2.0 worlds.

DeletedUser

im am absolutely against 2.0 in old worlds and voted NO. y would players of the new worlds be able to make a vote about old worlds?? doesnt make any sense. second, i was wondering why we dont have a public poll on the forum as we used to in all other cases.. smells like the decision's been made already.

i dont think it is right to force 2.0 onto ppl who enjoyed the old worlds the way they are and made grepo turn into what it is today. anyone who likes 2.0 can join a new world (as is just did), but u can not seriously expect everyone to switch everything around and start over new with what they have built and all the time and effort it took. ppl are used to the old interface and clearly dont wont a new one.

it is up to InnoGames to decide what they are going to do. but one thing's for sure: if u force 2.0 onto the "oldies" u will lose a lot of big players and Epsi will be one big ghost town!

DeletedUser

What I want is a end game objective. Or a better way of ranking players than just simply points.

I voted yes. Not only for the end game objective, but for grepolis staff to focus on one product rather than 2.

Basically I see it as a good opportunity for enemies to become friends. I have purposefully upset certain people I like and would like to work with just for the fact that there is no reason for me to make them my friend. However if it become more of a resource/defense race I could see the value in working towards gaining there friendship.

I think it would be a excellent challenge for everyone who is not in S.E. to beat them to the punch and work together! After all if 2.0 is voted in do you want S.E. to be the champs? I can honestly say everyone who is not in S.E. would more than likely work together against them, and that is something I welcome and would work hard in putting together.

I could see all the vets going under one banner and setting ego's aside. Primarily to band together for something new and exciting!

My long 2 cents

DeletedUser14937

im am absolutely against 2.0 in old worlds and voted NO. y would players of the new worlds be able to make a vote about old worlds?? doesnt make any sense. second, i was wondering why we dont have a public poll on the forum as we used to in all other cases.. smells like the decision's been made already.

I just thought I'd clear this small thing up, only players who have 1.26 accounts were sent the mass mail to the vote, players who are solely on 2.0 were not given the vote.
And I think there's no public poll because the info that's been given is way too much to be put on one thread. Then of course there is the flaming, which can get out of hand from people whose opinions on the matter collide. This is not as simple as picking world settings, where excessive flaming will never occur because it's not that big of a deal, plus on forum votes, you need to have a forum account to vote and that discourages some people from voting, having the poll externally means more people would probably vote. There are 80k players in 1.26 alone, I think but don't entirely remember that there was a total of less than 1k people that voted on the last major public poll to vote for world settings.

DeletedUser

well there have bee polls before where more than 80k ppl voted. using this external poll system there prolly would have been an option to see the outcome as it proceeds (they do that on fb all day ;) ) it also is not a "good" poll since ppl can vote more than one time and ppl from other worlds can also log on and vote if they get the link.

all in all, not a good way to decide over something that important. and obviously the outrage is to be heard and seen all over the old worlds, so i hope that means something..

What I want is a end game objective. Or a better way of ranking players than just simply points.

I voted yes. Not only for the end game objective, but for grepolis staff to focus on one product rather than 2.

Basically I see it as a good opportunity for enemies to become friends. I have purposefully upset certain people I like and would like to work with just for the fact that there is no reason for me to make them my friend. However if it become more of a resource/defense race I could see the value in working towards gaining there friendship.

I think it would be a excellent challenge for everyone who is not in S.E. to beat them to the punch and work together! After all if 2.0 is voted in do you want S.E. to be the champs? I can honestly say everyone who is not in S.E. would more than likely work together against them, and that is something I welcome and would work hard in putting together.

I could see all the vets going under one banner and setting ego's aside. Primarily to band together for something new and exciting!

My long 2 cents

i get ur point there, but we could do the same without adapting to a whole new world. y arent we? i dont think it will change a player's perspective instantly.
attacking, getting attacked, getting ressies, everything is different on 2.0. it is very gold based as well. u can build up a nuke faster if u have the money for example. so all that will take time to learn and get used to.

DeletedUser

Yea I know what you mean. So what, let the noobs waste there gold on building up troops fast :)

I am all for it, if anyone has found any loop holes in 1.26 they will be powerless in 2.0! I for one am all for it :) I will probably hate 2.0, but it certainly has it's advantages as well as disadvantages. It loads slower is what I don't like.

They also need to fix the bug where if you use a favor to increase build speeds it actually does it without you having to hit the refresh button.

DeletedUser

Many players have already quit because 2.0 still not have been implemented in old worlds, and more will still quit if changes don't come. Some do like the prospect of a change in game play coming in, while others prefer the ways we are used to.

Personally I'm a bit thorn about some 2.0 functionality, and will certainly need to change my builds and strategy with the advent of new rules. But I do also like the prospects of some new challenges and a certain degree of "unknown".

My vote was yes.

cheers,
enga

DeletedUser4577

I voted Yes. I enjoy the new worlds and the new 2.0 update. The end game option entices me quite a bit and honestly why wouldnt it? The whole attack him, attack them repeat and then repeat some more with no real reason other then to outdo the next alliance has grown very tiring for me. I've not been playing epsilon that much at all to be honest and its mainly due to while playing the 2.0 worlds (Sigma but now Corinth) I have found the end prospect so much more appealing.

If you hate the 2.0 update idk why you would. Really its great and a great new challenge for everyone to come together with. Its going to be a full on team base objective and if an alliance isnt a real team then they will surely lose without a doubt I dont care how experienced someone is it means nothing with 2.0.

Either way you look at it...With the update or without players will quit and theres nothing that can be done about that. I dont think it will be as major as everyone is making it out to be but I can see some leaving as others have already.
With that all said...2.0 still needs a bit of work. Lots of "Error" notices, Slow loading and a few hiccups every now and then.