Discussion Erinys vs Medusa

DeletedUser

Which is a better myth unit and why?

Medusa.

Highest attack rate in the game, around 23-24 sharp attack per farm space, and the second highest defensive unit as well, 79-80 defence per farm space. They are only outmatched by Griffins (Hero Worlds only) in attack, and Cerberus in defence. I like to think of these as the divine equivalent of hoplites, which are 16 sharp attack and 37 defence per farm space.

Erinys would cost significantly less resources and favor than a Medusa on a farm space basis, but as a defender, they average roughly 40-41 defence, and only 22 ranged attack. Slingers would be more worthwhile to build since they are 23 attack per farm space, significantly cheaper, and cost no favor, where as the defensive capacity of the Erinys puts it also at a disadvantage compared to most other units.

DeletedUser

totally the Erinys, if you check there status Erinys are better than Medusa in so many levels, pretty much all.

DeletedUser345

totally the Erinys, if you check there status Erinys are better than Medusa in so many levels, pretty much all.

You need to think of stats as per farm space, in which case the Medusa is better.

DeletedUser

true, but in power and states the Erinys is better, I see what you are saying, but in this case I think quality is better than how many Medusas you can have!

DeletedUser38224

Since you can have 3 medusa's in the farm space for 1 erinys, you would have to compare 3 medusas to the stats of 1 erinys for it to be a fair comparison.

Erinys are 22 attack per pop, meaning that slingers are slightly more efficient(23 attack per pop). IMO you may as well just build slingers, since you won't have to spend all that time gathering favor.

Medusas are 23 attack per pop, meaning that they're more efficient that hoplites and erinys.

Medusas also own erinys in defense. They have 1187 more blunt defense, 410 more sharp, and 760 more distance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

what do you mean by pop, also, if you go check the states of the two you will see that Erinys have 688point in defence for blunt and sharp weapons, and to top that own Medusas with a defence score of 895 for distance boom, check your facts.

DeletedUser38487

what do you mean by pop, also, if you go check the states of the two you will see that Erinys have 688point in defence for blunt and sharp weapons, and to top that own Medusas with a defence score of 895 for distance boom, check your facts.
Pop=population/farm space.They're speaking the facts.Erynies takes up 55 farm spaces where Medusas takes only 18.If you compere the population they take with their attack/defense stats Medusa's always the better unit.

DeletedUser

Pop=population/farm space.They're speaking the facts.Erynies takes up 55 farm spaces where Medusas takes only 18.If you compere the population they take with their attack/defense stats Medusa's always the better unit.

I thought we were talking about quality not how much population it takes up

DeletedUser38487

I thought we were talking about quality not how much population it takes up
And what exactly is quality?In case of units quality is the attack and defense value they give per population.Not just how much their total stats are.Erynies have a 895 defense value for distance weapon compared to Medusa's 375.But as we said before you can make 3 Medusa's with that 55 pop erynies take.That is a total of 375*3=1125 defense against distance weapons.

DeletedUser

yes yes true, but, when you simulate the position of the Eriny attacking 3Medusas both lose, but in the other way around 1Mesusas loses, so, if the Erinys is attacking neither win, and also if you have a level 10wall then neither win again, but in this case I think that maybe we are all wrong and right neither wins because if one is but in the attacking position both lose, so if one is defending they will lose.

DeletedUser38224

The fact remains, when you Fairly compare medusas to erinys, medusas win in both attack and defense. If you read the OP, they were asking which was a better myth unit, and the answer to that question is medusa.

DeletedUser

Unless I missed it, the fact that numbers of units is a significant part of the combat formula isn't being considered. So 3 Medusa vs. 1 Eyinyes is also a combat formula nod for the snake ladies. ;)

DeletedUser25746

Either one of the greatest necro trolls I have witnessed or terrible reading comprehension as horus answered this pretty well a good amount of time ago. Either way I am amused.

DeletedUser38224

The question was answered months ago, then some nub came in and got pwned.

DeletedUser

The question was answered months ago, then some nub came in and got pwned.

I don't care what you call me because im the person I want to be, so you can be a poser and trash talk all you want but just know I don't care!

DeletedUser38224

Now we're going to launch another long discussion about whether or not you're a nub.

DeletedUser

dude, you don't even know me, maybe your just insecure about your self that you make fun of other people to make your self fell better! :)

DeletedUser38224

I don't know you personally, yet i can tell that you're a nub from the discussion we just had ;)

There's little point in carrying this discussion any further, so i'm not going to.